Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    stillworking21 is offline New Member

Diet help/bulking questions...

Here it is...
    height= 5'9"
    weight= 172 (today)
    BF% =around 15%
    experience= about 5 years (lifting like an idiot)
    mostly work out split routines Back/Bi...chest/tri...usually legs and shoulders have there own days.

My diet is as follows...(this is a new diet I set up about a week ago and have followed religiously)

I am also taking animal pack in AM, along with animal cuts, no xplode before workout, animal nitro after workout, and ***** complex with every meal, cell tech after workout.

The Diet...

Morning meal one 7:30am-
    8 egg white+1 whole egg
    whole weat english muffin
    animal pack+animal cuts+animal nitro+***** complex

Snack about 2-2 1/2 hours later-
    protein bar
    1/4 cup almonds

Lunch about 11:30am
    2-6 oz. chicken breasts
    2 cups salad+ 2 tbls dressing
    animal cuts+***** complex

Snack 2 about 3:00-3:30
    serving of oatmeal pre-workout

NO-XPLODE 30 min before workout

WORKOUT ABOUT 1-1 1/2 hours

Dinner about 5:00-5:30
    6 oz. chicken breast
    6 oz. grilled steak (relatively lean cut)
    1/2 cup brown rice or other veggie
    creatine+animal nitro+***** complex

This is it!! Please give me any info good or bad. Also any pointers on exercises that tear the shit out of the muscle would be greatly appreciated!!!
    GO NUTS!!!

everywhere you see ***** complex or ***** complex, I'm talking about fish oils. I have no ****ing clue why it made stars out of that word. But I can be an idiot at times so maybe I ****ed up something who knows....
    Last edited by stillworking21; 09-30-2008 at 07:17 PM.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    If you're bulking why are you taking Animal Cuts??

Good question

Mainly for the energy boost. I know it seems counter intuitive but if you haven't tried it before, you should because it really gives me a lot of energy mainly from the caffeine I guess. I am a mechanic that works at 10,000 feet rebuilding chair lifts for ski areas and rebuilding snow cats and I also do a lot of logging. I am WORKING all day so I need help with energy at times. I'd stop it if you thought it would be in my best interest though.

If you are wondering why I am using so many animal products it's because the packets are easy to throw in my pocket. It sounds like I am a ****ing rep. for them though I know.

Not at all...I use prodominantly Animal/Universal supps myself....I see why you use the cuts, I use them myself when pre-contest....have your tried the Pump?? Good stuff bro..

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN View Post
    Not at all...I use prodominantly Animal/Universal supps myself....I see why you use the cuts, I use them myself when pre-contest....have your tried the Pump?? Good stuff bro..
    I haven't...I'll look into it though. Thanks man

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    your diet plan is weak. i have provided you with a couple examples to help give you an idea where to start, and how to build a diet. not to say your choices are poor per se. but a lot of work can be done.

Critique my Cutting Diet

Bulking while carb cycling?

Thanks for the links bro...The first example looks very doable for me. However, i am concerned about putting on fat. On the diet I am on (not that it's great or even good) I have put on 2 pounds in a week. Which both pleases and scares me. This is the first time I have ever actually paid attention to my diet and geared it toward lifing. Do you think that the first link would be a good choice? Almost three thousand calories? If so I am willing to try and post results. I am not cycling, nor have I ever. I want to...just don't have the means...(I AM NOT FISHING FOR A SOURCE!!!!!) Sorry wanted to make that clear. I would think that cycling impact diet hugely. Does it? Or is this diet you linked to above good for me?

those caloric numbers would be suitable for you. just eating clean and working hard produce great results. no worries about cycling. it's a diet and your training will reap the benefits. let me know what you decide to do and post up your diet when you're ready.

[QUOTE=stillworking21;4228453]Here it is...
    height= 5'9"
    weight= 172 (today)
    BF% =around 15%
    mostly work out split routines Back/Bi...chest/tri...usually legs and shoulders have there own days.

My diet is as follows...(this is a new diet I set up about a week ago and have followed religiously)

I am also taking animal pack in AM, along with animal cuts, no xplode before workout, animal nitro after workout, and ***** complex with every meal, cell tech after workout.

The Diet...

8 egg white
    1 whole egg
    1 cup oats

1 can tuna
    green apple
    1/4 cup almonds

2-6 oz. chicken breasts
    1/2 sweet potatoe

Snack 2 about 3:00-3:30 PWO
    1 cup oats
    protein bar

Snack Post workout
    6 oz. chicken breast
    whole wheat english muffin
    creatine drink
    Animal Nitro

12 oz. grilled steak (relatively lean cut)
    1/2 C. brown rice
    1/2 C. broccolli spears
    fish oils

Before bed snack
    Casien shake

This is a revised diet plan for bulking. Hopefully not to Carb rich. Please tear it apart if need be! Let me know...Thanks for everyone help!!!

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    [QUOTE=stillworking21;4231124]
    Quote Originally Posted by stillworking21 View Post
    Here it is...
    height= 5'9"
    weight= 172 (today)
    BF% =around 15%

The Diet...

8 egg white
    1 whole egg
    1 cup oats

1 can tuna
    green apple ??? I would only eat a fast digesting carb like fruit in the morning and one can of tuna (if it is the 6 oz one) only has like 25 grams of protein. You should be getting about 40-50 grams of protein per meal.
    1/4 cup almonds

2-6 oz.
    1/2 sweet potatoe
    chicken breasts 2-6 oz. is a big difference and this is still not enough protein. 10 oz. would be good, and unless you REALLY like sald, i would save the lettuce for when you are cutting. And go for a whole sweet potatoe, YOU ARE BULKING RIGHT?
    1 cup oats
    protein bar
    Protein bars are mostly garbage and should only be eaten when you absolutely cant get a hold of food, and if you cant I would rather drink a glass of 2 scoops of isopure vanilla with 50 grams of the highest quality protein around.

WORKOUT ABOUT 1-1 1/2 hours Workouts should never be more than an hour if ur going natural. Your testosterone levels start to drop after 45 minutes of training if you are going BALLS TO THE WALL like you should be.

Snack Post workout
    6 oz. chicken breast
    whole wheat english muffin
    creatine drink
    Animal Nitro

I prefer 80 grams of carbs from Waximaize Starch and 2 scoops of isopure, but some people prefer real food. I would up the chicken to 10 oz.

1/2 C. brown rice
    1/2 C. broccolli spears
    fish oils

Only 1/2 cup of brown rice??? Why not the whole damn cup? Otherwise a very perfect meal.

Before bed snack
    Casien shake

I love some natural peanut butter before bed with whatever kind of protein. Remember, bro, YOU ARE BULKING!!! Have fun.

This is a revised diet plan for bulking. Hopefully not to Carb rich. Please tear it apart if need be! Let me know...Thanks for everyone help!!!
    hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04 View Post

hope this helps
    where you been bro?

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    where you been bro?
    haha! well this place was starting to be like a soap opera for a while with everyone calling eachother out so i decided to leave. I still check back for advice every now and then, but of course hardly ever post.

By the way I have a Ulcerative colits so I can't have all the protien shakes everyone else drinks. Honestly though, I think they're over rated anyways. There are better ways to get your calories...I could be wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time!!!!

8 egg white
    2 whole egg
    1 cup oats

1 can tuna
    green apple
    1/4 cup almonds

8-10 oz. chicken breasts
    1 sweet potatoe

1 cup oats
    protein shake

Snack Post workout
    8-10 oz. chicken breast
    1 1/2 cup white rice
    creatine drink
    Animal Nitro

1 C. brown rice
    1/2 C. broccolli spears

Before bed snack
    Casien shake
    fish oils

Just some ideas....

what Keezy and Big Texan gave you are two solid approaches. let us know what changes you make...

Sorry I was gone on a trip all weekend and couldn't get to thew site. I really appreciate all the info given and will try the diet BIG Texan gave mainly because it has less protein shakes which destroy my stomach. So far in the last 2 weeks I have put on 4 pounds, and am looking leaner! Even my wife who hadn't seen me in a week and saw me this weekend after being on the diet I had outlined said "wow, what have you been doing?" she didn't even know I was changing my diet. I will keep posting.

How long should I do this lean bulk diet, before I begin to cut the fat down and enter a cutting phase?

How long should I do this lean bulk diet, before I begin to cut the fat down and enter a cutting phase?
    That's purely up to you....

I've read that often your body will get used to a certain amount of calories and that it is good to (every two weeks-three weeks) cut the calories big time for a couple days and then spike them back up. Is this a bunch of bull or has anyone heard of this before?

I've read that often your body will get used to a certain amount of calories and that it is good to (every two weeks-three weeks) cut the calories big time for a couple days and then spike them back up. Is this a bunch of bull or has anyone heard of this before?
    Follow that diettill the gains stop, than bump up your calories...dieting down, follow the diet till you quit losing than either increase cardio or drop cals...simple as that bro.

cool man I appreciate your help. Thanks for checking back so often. I did a calorie count today which was a very typical day and this is what it came down to...

Calories=2382
    Fat Grams=43.5g
    Carbs=250
    Protein 286.5

I thought this was pretty good. All carbs consisted of sweet tators, oats, apple, whole weat bagel. Protein was all from clean sources such as chicken, salmon, tuna, lean steak. Fat was low!!! This was spaced over seven meals.

cool man I appreciate your help. Thanks for checking back so often. I did a calorie count today which was a very typical day and this is what it came down to...

Calories=2382
    Fat Grams=43.5g
    Carbs=250
    Protein 286.5

I thought this was pretty good. All carbs consisted of sweet tators, oats, apple, whole weat bagel. Protein was all from clean sources such as chicken, salmon, tuna, lean steak. Fat was low!!! This was spaced over seven meals.
    are you gaining? i would think you should up teh cals by maybe 5-600, get around that 3k mark.

320g pro
    275g carb
    80g fat

i would go with something like that, but again... keep gaining if you are, then reevaluate.

What is an acceptable mount of carbs while bulking? I don't want to blow up and increase my fat%. Also does 2-3lbs a week sound excessive to you guys? I don't look fatter than I already am. In fact like I said before my waist is tightening up. I've NEVER, I repeat NEVER, eaten properly...the amount of energy in the gym is hugely different. I rest much less and I don't freaking die like half way through the work out. Also I find myself pushing through sets easier than before and moving between exercises faster. What is a typical when eating to gain???

It just depends...some people are sensitive to carbs so they don't need as much...when bulking I say anywhere from 2-3 grams per pound of LM...but everyone differs....just keep track of your macro's and watch yourself in the mirror...if the fat starts packing on than adjust your macros bro....don't over analyze or sweat it...enjoy the cals and LIFT!!!

Will do bro...Thanks

Thread Information