Polska is offline Anabolic Member

Is white rice OK while bulking?

I am sick of brown rice and potatoes. Tried white rice the other day and its much better tasting, plus it cooks a lot faster. Is it alright to alternate it with oats?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    As long as it fits into your macro's...I prefer it only for my pwo meal. In this game we eat to live, not for taste, if you eat for taste you're in the wrong game.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN View Post
    In this game we eat to live, not for taste, if you eat for taste you're in the wrong game.
    That's a kick ass quote...I'm def. going to use it!

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    I actually make much better gains, and achieve a slimmer look when i eat what i want. Perhaps it is because i am not dealing with the stress of eating the same thing over and over, and forcing the food in. I read somewhere that being stressed when eating causes high cortisol production, and thus fat storage. I eat healthy carbs, but never stress about adding butter and brown sugar to sweet potatoes, or bacon and sour cream to baked potatoes or peanut butter on rice cakes, etc. I moved out to california recently, and decided to stop stressing out about eating so damn strict 24/7, and start being more relaxed about it, and i couldn't be happier about my physique, and i look even better than when i was super strict. ive actually added 1/2 inch to my arms in 2 months and my stomach is much flatter. i know im not delusional because the people i know have noticed as well.

Voland is offline Celtiberian Pagan Whoremachine Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04 View Post
    I actually make much better gains, and achieve a slimmer look when i eat what i want. Perhaps it is because i am not dealing with the stress of eating the same thing over and over, and forcing the food in. I read somewhere that being stressed when eating causes high cortisol production, and thus fat storage. I eat healthy carbs, but never stress about adding butter and brown sugar to sweet potatoes, or bacon and sour cream to baked potatoes or peanut butter on rice cakes, etc. I moved out to california recently, and decided to stop stressing out about eating so damn strict 24/7, and start being more relaxed about it, and i couldn't be happier about my physique, and i look even better than when i was super strict. ive actually added 1/2 inch to my arms in 2 months and my stomach is much flatter. i know im not delusional because the people i know have noticed as well.
    i agree. Countiing every cal, every gram never worked for me. Keeping my diet healty, eating healty carbs, lean protein and healty fats as much as i can and in a way i enjoy it. No in a way as it was a duty. Then my stomach desn't take it good. Last time i took canned tuna i said. this is the last time. I hate it. I'd rather eat my nice steak with species, grilled, all good than fvucking canned tuna.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Voland View Post
    i agree. Countiing every cal, every gram never worked for me. Keeping my diet healty, eating healty carbs, lean protein and healty fats as much as i can and in a way i enjoy it. No in a way as it was a duty. Then my stomach desn't take it good. Last time i took canned tuna i said. this is the last time. I hate it. I'd rather eat my nice steak with species, grilled, all good than fvucking canned tuna.
    Haha, amen to that. I still have to eat canned tuna though because im poor, but I actually like canned tuna, but of course would much rather eat a good steak or chicken breast.

To the poster... be happy. Life is too short to freak out because the restaurant you are at doesn't serve whole grain brown rice or whatever. i did that for a long time, and it got me nowhere, and the stress of it all hindered my gains and overall well being. Unless you are making money bodybuilding, i wouldnt worry about brown rice vs. white rice. If you eat white rice all the time it would be bad, but every now and then ain't gonna make more than .001% difference in your overall physique. Even swolecat (one of the godfathers of AR forums) preferred white rice.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Cool, cheers for the replies

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriboy View Post
    The rebirth of your virility is very close to you.
    Discover the world of constant beauty and health.
    Amazing New Products launch!
    Why are you posting this crap there going to ban you

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    ok... genetics and great metabolism may be a reason why following guidliens work for some people.. others will suffer by eatchin certain foods and proportions.. id say swap your carb sources if your sick of them.. sweet potatoes.. oats... brown rice.. whole wheat..

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    depends on your body type

my body is a furnace. im tall and lean no matter what.

so i eat white rice. bread. and pretty much anything else i can. just to be able to get a surplus of food in me.

and i still dont gain weight.

so if you can fit it into your diet without negative affects on body compostion..

then do it.

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    depends on your body type

my body is a furnace. im tall and lean no matter what.

so i eat white rice. bread. and pretty much anything else i can. just to be able to get a surplus of food in me.

and i still dont gain weight.

so if you can fit it into your diet without negative affects on body compostion..

then do it.
    dude how do you have over 32000 posts.. did you whore yourself in the lounge...you little whore lol

Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    dude how do you have over 32000 posts.. did you whore yourself in the lounge...you little whore lol
    me and admin go way back.

lol

he doesnt know it but he invented the lounge just for me to come and whore it up

me and admin go way back.

lol

he doesnt know it but he invented the lounge just for me to come and whore it up
    that was back in vietnam

that was back in vietnam
    yes sir

those memories are hazy and clouded
    but will forever be branded in my minds eye

lol

{{HEAVYDUTY}} is offline Junior Member
    Im guessing he is ok for a source check lol

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by {{HEAVYDUTY}} View Post
    ^ Cop

Quote Originally Posted by {{HEAVYDUTY}} View Post
    i know not... of what you speaketh of. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    ^ Cop
    hahaha
    busted!!

i know not... of what you speaketh of. lol

hahaha
    busted!!
    oh we have brothers on this forum?

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Damn you whores...

Personally, I don't notice much of a difference. On a macronutritional level, there isn't much difference IMO. The GI of white is 64 and brown is 55. If you consider the glycemic load, the difference between the two is even more trivial. However, I typically reserve white rice for PWO as much as possible.

Lot's of BB's in Thailand eat no other rice but white and they look pretty good.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    to be honest with you if it fits into your macros and you feel ok with like hunger.
    Then i dont see why you cant have it.

its really a relative issue.. if your an ectomorph and can eat it and not gain shit.. id be eatin liek a horse if i was..everybodys diff

Thread Information