hondata is offline Junior Member

Diet help please.

Hey everyone, OK. I would love too start bulking and get jacked up and think I need to get a diet down right? I'm 25 years old My HT is about 5"7. I weight about 145lbs. I don't know my muscle fat. I don't think I have to much bec, I’m pretty skinny. For the most part I take multi vitamins fish oil and I like to eat healthy. I have been working out for almost 3 years. I love spending time at the gym. Don't really know what else too say if you need anymore info please let me know. Oww also I love too eat so eating will not be a problem.

thank you

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    You'll need to be eating 5-6 meals per day to keep up your metabolism and get the most out of your diet.

Here are some good choices for your intakes of carbs, protein and fat.

Carbs - Sweet potatoes, red potatoes, oats (No sugar added), brown rice, wild rice, barley, Green leafy vegetables, Ezekiel or whole wheat bread (sparingly)

Protein - About 1 - 1.5 times your lean body weight per day in grams of protein.
    Sources -
    Steak, lean ground beef, chicken breast, tuna, salmon or other fish, egg whites or whole eggs, beef jerkey (if you don't mind the sodium) and whey protein (I have one shake after working out, try to stick with real food as much as you can).

Fats - Flax, Fish or olive oil, casein or dairy products, avacadoes, nuts, egg yolks, all natural peanut butter.

Without your bodyfat % I can't tell you how many calories you'll need to gain, but I'd keep it around 3500-3700 to start off with and take a look at your results and remove or add from there.

Put a diet together from this that works for you and list the times you eat each meal; and for a quality critique, include the macros of each meal.
    Also note the times that cardio and weight lifting fall into this diet.

Hope this helps.

hondata is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger02 View Post
    You'll need to be eating 5-6 meals per day to keep up your metabolism and get the most out of your diet.

Here are some good choices for your intakes of carbs, protein and fat.

Carbs - Sweet potatoes, red potatoes, oats (No sugar added), brown rice, wild rice, barley, Green leafy vegetables, Ezekiel or whole wheat bread (sparingly)

Protein - About 1 - 1.5 times your lean body weight per day in grams of protein.
    Sources -
    Steak, lean ground beef, chicken breast, tuna, salmon or other fish, egg whites or whole eggs, beef jerkey (if you don't mind the sodium) and whey protein (I have one shake after working out, try to stick with real food as much as you can).

Fats - Flax, Fish or olive oil, casein or dairy products, avacadoes, nuts, egg yolks, all natural peanut butter.

Without your bodyfat % I can't tell you how many calories you'll need to gain, but I'd keep it around 3500-3700 to start off with and take a look at your results and remove or add from there.

Put a diet together from this that works for you and list the times you eat each meal; and for a quality critique, include the macros of each meal.
    Also note the times that cardio and weight lifting fall into this diet.

Hope this helps.
    5-6 meals is easy lol.. So if i'm about 150 1.5 times your lean body weight per day in grams of protein. How much do I need to take in?
    Last edited by hondata; 10-31-2008 at 05:26 AM.

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Without your BF% I couldn't tell you that.

Thread Information