pumpkin069 is offline New Member

waking up to eat

Hey all,

Just wanted to get the boards opinion on waking up during the night to get in extra meals.. Lately i've been waking up every 4hrs to have a protein shake to try and minimize how hungry i am when i wake up in the morning.. I've heard this can be a bad idea as it takes 2hrs of sleep for your pituitary gland to function..

let me know what you think,

ta

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin069 View Post
    Hey all,

Just wanted to get the boards opinion on waking up during the night to get in extra meals.. Lately i've been waking up every 4hrs to have a protein shake to try and minimize how hungry i am when i wake up in the morning.. I've heard this can be a bad idea as it takes 2hrs of sleep for your pituitary gland to function..

let me know what you think,

ta
    i don't see a point in it unless you wake up during the night to pee normally, then having a shake in the fridge ready is a good idea, but you build muscle when you are resting and the best type of sleep is REM sleep, which you won't get much of if you wake up and interrupt your circadian rhythum

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    I am mixed on this as you need your rest to grow, but I have done it once during the night when I was bulking. as long as it doesnt' disturb your sleep too much, I napped a lot during the day, so I was fine with it. JMHO

pumpkin069 is offline New Member
    yeah i just set an alarm and have the shake next to the bed, so i don't have to be disturbed too much..

british bulldog 1 is offline Associate Member
    you have to rest to grow not wake up every 4 hours

Thread Information