Thread: My bulk diet!

Chubaka is offline New Member

My bulk diet!

Hi guys ive just restarted training after stopping for about 6 months due to superlong and everchanging working hours which made it impossible to maintain a diet and I prefered to catch up on some sleep rather than go to the gym.
    Anyway im back at the gym now trying to get back into shape.
    This time im determined to organise a proper diet
    Im obviosly not starting any kind of cycle.

So im 21 (soon 22)
    6ft
    80 kg
    20% bodyfat (says the calculator which i dont really believe)

5 workouts a week, 30min to 1hr cardio and 1bodypart per week weight training

Goals: Gain muscle as clean as possible.

Most of the macs of this diet are from fitday the rest from the nutrition values on the packet

Breakfast: 6 eggs, 2 whole; 1 cup oats / Pro: 37, Fats: 15, Carbs 26Cal: 424

Meal 2: 200g ground Beef / Pro: 38, Fats: 28, Carbs: 0, Cal: 404

Meal 3: 2 cans tuna, Oliveoil 1 tablespoon / Pro: 34, Fats: 28, Cal: 384

Meal 4: 200g Chicken breast, 100g brown pasta / Pro: 54, Fats: 5, Carbs: 61, Cal: 498

WORKOUT

Meal 5: Postworkout Shake, 1 Banana / Pro: 49, Fats: 2, Carbs: 67, Cal: 480

Meal 6: 200g Lean meat, 100g brown pasta / Pro: 54, Fats: 34, Carb: 61, Cal: 762

Meal 7: 200g ground pork, 1 tablespoon peanut butter / Pro: 38, Fats 31, Carbs: 12, Cal: 474

Totals: Pro - 301, Fats - 141, Carb - 237, Cal - 3424

As to veggies, well I HATE veggies!! But ill try force some down my throat especially in meals 2 and 6

A couple of questions:
    -Is it ok to eat all this meat?
    -Would you suggest I run a blood test to check whether cholesterol levels etc? (I have a family history of heart problems)
    -Is 141g fat too much???

Please critique my diet any help is greatly appreceated.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    first off i think you should post a pic so we can help you gauge your bf% if you don't believe the calculator is right

this formula will give you your basal metabolic rate, which is basically a measure of the amount of calories your body would burn if you stayed in bed all day and did nothing

Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

once you have that number, you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

Chubaka is offline New Member
    Yeah well i calculated that and it adds up to 3472 which is pretty close to what i got in the diet (add some veggies which are not calculated there and ill be spot on)

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    still would like to see a pic, as it's not healthy for you to bulk if you are at 20% already

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    still would like to see a pic, as it's not healthy for you to bulk if you are at 20% already
    Yeah, if you are 20% you already bulked and then some.

Thread Information