BrunkerVic is offline Junior Member

Leaning / lean muscle gain diet

about to start my second cycle (14 weeks) of:

Test p (500mg/wk)
    Eq (400mg/wk)
    Masteron (400mg/wk)
    Clen (first 2 weeks and 2 weeks during PCT) - was told clen should only be run for 2 weeks at a time.. i guess i could run it Every two weeks on/off.. but do i really need it that much?

I want to shred fat while maintaining/gaining lean muscle mass.

The Diet: (consists of 5 meals)

Meal1:
    -Tall glass of skim milk
    -organic peanut butter & natural unsweetened jam (on open-faced wholewheat peice of bread)
    - 2cups natural rolled oats (with 1 banana and some natural fat-free yogurt + egg whites)
    - Fresh fruit (pineapple, grapes, apples, that sort of stuff)

(first training session)

Meal2:
    - 3 whole eggs
    - bean salad (tomatoes, avocado, greens, etc)
    - flax seed oil

Meal3:
    - 1 whole yam/sweet potato
    - 1 chicken breast
    - fresh fruit:

(second training session)

Meal4:
    - 1 cup brown rice
    - 35gprotein (salmon/chicken/tuna)
    - 1 tall glass skim milk

Meal5:
    - 2cups 1% cottage cheese before bed

potentially throw in a whey shake to keep protein consistent throughout the day.

Will be supplementing with fishoils (for skin health and fatburn) and milkthistle (for liver health first 2 weeks)

anything im missing or overcalculating please let me know
    Last edited by BrunkerVic; 04-14-2009 at 09:02 PM.

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    seems we've got some work to do, but your in the right place

Quote Originally Posted by BrunkerVic View Post
    about to start my second cycle (14 weeks) of:

Test p
    Eq
    Masteron dosages??
    Clen (first 2 weeks and 2 weeks during PCT) why only the first two weeks?? why a split like this??

I want to shred fat while maintaining/gaining lean muscle mass. okay, we can do that, especialy on cycle

The Diet: (consists of 5 meals)

Meal1:
    -Tall glass of skim milk
    -organic peanut butter & natural unsweetened jam (on open-faced wholewheat peice of bread) omit jam, do a sugarless jam instead
    - 2cups natural rolled oats (with 1 banana and some natural fat-free yogurt + egg whites) drop the yogurt, how many egg whites??
    - Fresh fruit (pineapple, grapes, apples, that sort of stuff) drop the fruit, too high on the gi scale

(first training session)

Meal2:
    - 3 whole eggs 1 whole egg, 8 egg whites, minikmum
    - bean salad (tomatoes, avocado, greens, etc)
    - flax seed oil

Meal3:
    - 1 whole yam/sweet potato
    - 1 chicken breast how many ounces of chicken??
    - fresh fruit: omit

(second training session)
    so which training session is resistance training?? where's the pwo shake??
    Meal4:
    - 1 cup brown rice
    - 35gprotein (salmon/chicken/tuna)
    - 1 tall glass skim milk decent

Meal5:
    - 2cups 1% cottage cheese before bed
    horrible

potentially throw in a whey shake to keep protein consistent throughout the day.

Will be supplementing with fishoils (for skin health and fatburn) and milkthistle (for liver health first 2 weeks)

anything im missing or overcalculating please let me know
    looks like your diet needs an overhaul... let's set u up with some info

below is a link to a great nutrition video, take the time to watch it and it will give you a great idea as to what your diet should look like

So you wanna learn how to Diet?

then, we need to find your tdce, do some math for me
    Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

once you have that number, you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

when your done with all that, post up a NEW diet with macros (pro/fat/cal/carb) per meal and we'll tweak it for you

btw i need stats

height
    bf

age 20
    205lb
    5'10
    12%-(this was calculated by some dumb machine at fitnessworld, i dont believe im that low)

only concern I have is.. 1% cottage cheese has next to no fat and is packed with caesin protein which slowly absorbs while sleeping.. whats so horrible about that?

also.. why is fresh fruit a bad idea

also.. why is fresh fruit a bad idea
    fresh fruit will give you an insulin spike, causing alotta energy to turn into fat

cottage cheese runs through your system too quick.. i would do a lean beef like london broil instead.. your body will starve while you sleep if you dont

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    only concern I have is.. 1% cottage cheese has next to no fat and is packed with caesin protein which slowly absorbs while sleeping.. whats so horrible about that?
    I would go with fat free cottage cheese and add a fat source to it (ex. nattural pb, fish oil, almonds, etc.). There is nothing wrong with cottage cheese before bed as it is a slow releasing protein (casein). I might not be as slow digesting as say flank steak but it is a hell of a lot cheaper and more convenient. This is my before bed shake:
    1/2 cup ff cottage cheese
    1 cup water
    1 scoop ON casein powder (choc)
    1 tbl sp smart balance natty pb
    1 tsp cinnamon
    A little ice
    Blend all of this together and you got yourself a great pre-bed shake that actually taste pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    I would go with fat free cottage cheese and add a fat source to it (ex. nattural pb, fish oil, almonds, etc.). There is nothing wrong with cottage cheese before bed as it is a slow releasing protein (casein). I might not be as slow digesting as say flank steak but it is a hell of a lot cheaper and more convenient. This is my before bed shake:
    1/2 cup ff cottage cheese
    1 cup water
    1 scoop ON casein powder (choc)
    1 tbl sp smart balance natty pb
    1 tsp cinnamon
    A little ice
    Blend all of this together and you got yourself a great pre-bed shake that actually taste pretty good!
    doens't look too bad at all, though i follow the philosophy of eating real food as much as i can.. if you cant afford the meat, do this instead

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamyjamjr View Post
    doens't look too bad at all, though i follow the philosophy of eating real food as much as i can.. if you cant afford the meat, do this instead
    I agree with this philosophy as well Jamy, whole food is always better than shakes but "a brotha broke"! lol

the only other issue i have here is that the OP is 20 and cycling... pretty risky bud

well may the lord have mercy on my impatient soul.

last question, insulin spikes are good post work-out correct, so would that be the only good time to eat fresh fruit?

what about eating fruit 40-45 mins Pre workout considering they have the fastest absorbing carbs for quick energy

well may the lord have mercy on my impatient soul.

last question, insulin spikes are good post work-out correct, so would that be the only good time to eat fresh fruit?

what about eating fruit 40-45 mins Pre workout considering they have the fastest absorbing carbs for quick energy
    nope, do a complex carb pre-workout so you have sustained energy throughout your workout..

fruit for post workout has been said to be fine..

there is a contrary to that though...

fructose (ths sugar from fruit) is a single glycogen carb... iv spoken to many nutritionist that tell me, from some biological standpoint, that most of that energy will get stored in your liver and the rest will become fat, never reaching your depleated glycogen stores in your muscles...

the philosophy follows that you eat a semi-simple carb (these are three chained carbs) like a white bagel, white pita bread, white wild rice etc... this will allow for muscular glycogen replenishment...

iv tried the first way, im workin on the second way right now... it's working out well but i wont know for another 6 weeks for sure...

you could go either way with it..

im always trying the new "advance" in nutrition

I would like to know what your example of an ideal post-workout meal or shake consists of.

Whey protein is the best in this case correct?

Also, another thing on fruit, I love eating fruit, ive heard pineapple has benefits for the joints due to some enzymes it contains,
    Where, if you had to place it, would you put any fresh fruit into your daily diet?

post workout only

i personaly like on pro-complex.. it carries 8 diff sources of protien... add a green banana and im good to go... i like to take a whole foods approach to my food

green banana adds simple sugar? whats the benefit of green over yellow?

green bananas are a complex carb.. research it.. bananas dont go simple carb till they start to turn brown..

Bananas and plantains (cooking bananas) are nowadays grown in all humid tropical regions. The bananas are picked green from the trees, shipped and kept from ripening until they reach the shops. Imperfectly ripened bananas are composed of starch; but as the natural ripening proceeds, the starchy material is converted into dextrin and glucose.

The cooking banana is larger, coarser and less sweet than the kinds that are generally eaten raw. Its starch content is about 25%.

so where is your simple sugar source post workout to spike insulin levels?

so where is your simple sugar source post workout to spike insulin levels?
    it isn't a complete complex carb...

it's a semi-simple carb... 3 chained... lol

my daily caloric needs are 3762. how many calories should I consume per day if Im looking to cut fat

if you wanna preserve muscle while cutting fat, i would do a 3700kcal diet with am empty stomach cardio..... this has shown to work best in the past...

Thread Information