BigMax88 is offline Junior Member

Help with figuring out my diet/exercise.

I am around 16-17%bf or so. 194lb 6' 1" tall. I am trying to get really lean while maintaining my muscle. I work 14 mile away from where I live and have decided to start biking that distance roundtrip. So here is my current diet and daily schedule with some caloric information. I am unsure what I should be eating before and after my biking and swimming. I think I have my workout nutrition down. On a side note, my doctor said my thyroid is borderline slow so my metabolism is on the slow side.

5am: wake up, eat.
    2c frozen mixed berries, 1.5 scoop ON whey, 1tsp walnuts, 1/2c oatmeal, some water and ice cubes and blend.

5:45am: start biking 14 miles

7:20am(or so): Shower at gym. Lay in hot tub.

8am: Eat.
    1c fatfree cottage cheese, 1/2 scoop muscle milk, 1tbsp peanut butter, banana. All mixed together(takes kind of like cheese cake lol).

8:30am: hang out at beach

10am: start work (standing up painting for around 6 hours)

11am: carb control protein bar

2pm: meal replacement bar(those big things that are 420 cals)

4:30pm: start biking home

6:20pm: home. Load up on Waximaize(absorbs faster than sugar, 40g).

6:30pm: shower then head to gym.

7pm: intense free weight workout. 35-45min. Maybe some stair stepping too. Drink 25g whey, 40g honey, BCAA. Jump in the pool and swim lightly for 30min.

8 something pm: bike home and shower.

9pm: 5oz samon and 2 cups mashed potatoes.

10pm: 1c 2% milk and 1scoop muscle milk. Sleep.

Ok so on fitday.com it says that biking for 2 hours(that's roundtrip approx.) burns 1200cals. working out for 35min burns 262cals. Swimming 30min burns 225. And just living and working burns 2500cals. So I am burning around 4200cals a day when I am this active. I consume around 2300cals normally. Where should I increase my cals(if i should) and what can I improve.

I appreciate your time! Thanks.

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMax88 View Post
    I am around 16-17%bf or so. 194lb 6' 1" tall. I am trying to get really lean while maintaining my muscle. I work 14 mile away from where I live and have decided to start biking that distance roundtrip. So here is my current diet and daily schedule with some caloric information. I am unsure what I should be eating before and after my biking and swimming. I think I have my workout nutrition down. On a side note, my doctor said my thyroid is borderline slow so my metabolism is on the slow side.

5am: wake up, eat.
    2c frozen mixed berries, 1.5 scoop ON whey, 1tsp walnuts, 1/2c oatmeal, some water and ice cubes and blend. omit berries, omit whey (eat real food) add 10 egg whites, u can buy the liquid egg whites already prepaired, they're also pasturized, which makes them 95% bioavailable

5:45am: start biking 14 miles

7:20am(or so): Shower at gym. Lay in hot tub.

8am: Eat.
    1c fatfree cottage cheese, 1/2 scoop muscle milk, 1tbsp peanut butter, banana. All mixed together(takes kind of like cheese cake lol).
    i would omit the muscle milk, it's a crappy ass shake, use the on whey that u had mentioned earlier.. do 50mg and have this shake right after your done with your bike ride

8:30am: hang out at beach

10am: start work (standing up painting for around 6 hours)

11am: carb control protein bar eat real food, forget about protien bars.. how about 6oz of a lean meat and some sweet potatos or yams?

2pm: meal replacement bar(those big things that are 420 cals) again, eat real food if you can

4:30pm: start biking home

6:20pm: home. Load up on Waximaize(absorbs faster than sugar, 40g). add protien 50g minimum

6:30pm: shower then head to gym.

7pm: intense free weight workout. 35-45min. Maybe some stair stepping too. Drink 25g whey, 40g honey, BCAA. Jump in the pool and swim lightly for 30min. double up on whey

8 something pm: bike home and shower.

9pm: 5oz samon and 2 cups mashed potatoes.up to 8oz

10pm: 1c 2% milk and 1scoop muscle milk. Sleep. omit, do a lean meat like london broil

Ok so on fitday.com it says that biking for 2 hours(that's roundtrip approx.) burns 1200cals. working out for 35min burns 262cals. Swimming 30min burns 225. And just living and working burns 2500cals. So I am burning around 4200cals a day when I am this active. I consume around 2300cals normally. Where should I increase my cals(if i should) and what can I improve.

I appreciate your time! Thanks.
    my initial advice is in bold... damn man, that's alotta cardio in a day.. the bike trips and the swimming, theres no way your not gonna lose weight, but your gonna drop muscle too since your not eating enough...

do you know how to get macros?? fitday.com gives them to you...

while ur at it, since i dont know the validity of the tdee that you gave me, let's do some math..

Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

once you have that number, you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

i would multiply by 1.8, well that's if your doing this routine at least five days a week..

ill be waiting

BigMax88 is offline Junior Member
    My BMR is 2052. But with a slow metabolism I would put it around 1800? But with 2052 x activity it comes out to 3693cals.I have read your bolded advice. Thanks. I will try to rearrange my meals. Obvisouly I need more calories. But just enough so I drop fat. And this is 5 days a week. Thanks again!

Thread Information