MikeC123 is offline New Member

My Diet, Please Critique

I have read almost every post on the Diet section. I have tried to understand them and have complied what I think would work for me.

Also note that due to working I have to do weight training in the AM. My cardio I do by waking up 1/2 hour early and going in garage on eliptical for 30 mins right when I wake up. Empty stomach.

My stats:
    Age 38
    H 6'2"
    W 218
    BF 10-12%

Here it goes:

Meal 1-Pre workout 7:30

2 Instant oatmeal packs with 1 teaspoon of honey and 1/4 cup of granola
    6 Egg Whites

Train- 8:15

PWOM-9:00am
    1 isopure with 42 grams of Whey
    1 banana

Meal 3- 10:30

6 oz of chick breast-cooked with olive oil
    1 cup of vegies

Meal 4-12:30

6 oz of fish-cooked in olive oil
    1/2 cup of brown rice
    1 sweet potatoe

Meal 5- 2:30

1 can of chicken(similar to tuna, which I hate)
    1 cup of brown rice

Meal 6- 5:30 ish

6 oz Chicken Breast
    1 Cup of Fruit

Meal 8:30

8 oz of London Broil
    1 cup of vegies

My metabolism by nature is very high, which is why I always struggle to keep my weight. But I am at that stage where your body is holding what it has left for fat for dear life. I have read that I have to eat more to accomplish this.

I did forget to mention that on Monday and Wednesday nights I teach spinning at my gym. It is 1 hour and on average I burn about 700-900 calories. It is very intense.

I know that I have not complied my macros, simply because I do not know the formulas.

Your help and critisim will be appreciated.

Thanks.

M

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeC123 View Post
    I have read almost every post on the Diet section. I have tried to understand them and have complied what I think would work for me.

Also note that due to working I have to do weight training in the AM. My cardio I do by waking up 1/2 hour early and going in garage on eliptical for 30 mins right when I wake up. Empty stomach.

My stats:
    Age 38
    H 6'2"
    W 218
    BF 10-12%

Here it goes:

6 Egg Whites up to 10

1 isopure with 42 grams of Whey
    1 banana
    decent

1 cup of vegies add complex carb

1/2 cup of brown rice
    1 sweet potatoe
    decent

1 cup of brown rice
    good

6 oz Chicken Breast
    1 Cup of Fruit omit fruit.. causes insulin spike.. this is a great time to add an efa... almonds, avocado etc

8 oz of London Broil
    1 cup of vegiesadd efa

My metabolism by nature is very high, which is why I always struggle to keep my weight. But I am at that stage where your body is holding what it has left for fat for dear life. I have read that I have to eat more to accomplish this.

I did forget to mention that on Monday and Wednesday nights I teach spinning at my gym. It is 1 hour and on average I burn about 700-900 calories. It is very intense.

I know that I have not complied my macros, simply because I do not know the formulas.

Thanks.

M
    do some math for me... and i do need macros.. use fitday.com to figure those out

Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

once you have that number, you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer

My stats:
    Age 38
    H 6'2"
    W 218
    BF 10-12%

Here it goes:

6 Egg Whitesalot of sugar here, hidden in the instant oatmeal, honey, and granola.. id stick to 1 cup naturally rolled oats with the eggwhties.. add more 8-10

1 isopure with 42 grams of Wheywhat does this mean? how much protein is this
    1 banana thats ok, although i would try to get hands on plain bagel or waxy maize startch
    i would put a meal 1-1.5 hours after your pwo nutrition, with another carb liek sweet potatoes or brown rice

1 cup of vegiesthis is ok, maybe instead of cookin with olive oil grill it and add some almonds or another healthy EFA.. i did read somewhere that heating up olive oil too long can be really bad.. i forgot the thread

1/2 cup of brown rice
    1 sweet potatoe
    i think this would be great for your 1-1.5 hours PWO meal...how much olive poil are you using??

1 cup of brown rice
    i would elminate the carb here, subsittue with fibrous carbs not startchy complex.. like broccoli, leafy green veggies wiht some almonds or something

6 oz Chicken Breast
    1 Cup of Fruit
    no need for a fruit here, will cause insulin spike and have a faster conversion to fat

8 oz of London Broil
    1 cup of vegies
    good stuff, although try your best to get the macros

Thanks.

M

before all this you need to calculate you BMR. ALSO WATCH THE STICKY VIDS IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    haha damn you jammy

lol.. just keepin ya on your toes bud...

jamy i did the math for the calories and its 3263 now I owe you the macros. The macros are a long and difficult computation to do. But I will.

I appreciate your input and e's. I am now understanding why even during my bulk up stage I have not gone up in weight like I should. I do not think that even then I was eating that many calories! The forum has been an incredible wealth of knowledge.

BTW Jamy i have noticed that you love avocados, I see that you preach them on all of your diets. The funny thing is that I have always stayed away from them no matter what thinking they were toooooo fatty. Heck im happy with this diet, I will be eating alot more than I normally do.

Jamy also every how often do you believe in the cheat meal. Also I have seen mentioned a lot the RE- Feed. When should that be implemented in my diet.

Also I will be on Clen /T3 and Sust. I take lots of supplements also.

List:

L Carnitine
    CLA
    Glutamine
    Flaxseed oil
    Multi vitamin
    NEW
    Tuarine b/c of the Clen
    Potasium b/c of the clen

any suggestions of more or less supplements.

BTW all the info you give me is SO appreciated.

cheat at least once a week..

do a full refeed every 18 days, but this is predicuated on me seeing your macros

macros tomorrow

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    macros tomorrow
    looking forward to it

Thread Information