laduem88 is offline Senior Member

NEED Advice on cutting diet!

ok so this is what my day mon.-friday is going to look like. On a side not i will be on test p/tren ace (10 week cycle).....any advice would be greatly appreciated...

stats:

6', 215 pounds, 13%-15% bf

GOAL AFTER CYCLE:

215 pounds 7%-10% bf

6 am: get up and do cardio (low intensity 45min)

7 am: Protein shake (50g protein)

7 45 am: 10 egg whites, cup of oats (50g of protein, 60g carbs)

10 45 am: Whey & Oats shake (24g protein, 22g carbs)

1 00 pm: 8 oz turkey, broccoli (45g protein)

3 00 pm: 8 oz talapia, 1/2cup of oats (45g protein, 27g carbs)

5 30 pm: 8 oz chicken, 1 cup of oats (45g p, 60g c)

WORKOUT

Post work out cardio (Low intensity 45min)

7 30 pm: Whey protein/oats shake (50g protein, 22g carbs)

8 30 pm: 16 oz salmon, broccoli (80g protein, 24g fat)

10 30 pm: 8 oz turkey, broccoli (45g protein)

SLEEP

1736 cals from protein (434 g), 800 cals from carbs (200g)

495 cals from fat (55 g)
    Last edited by laduem88; 05-16-2009 at 12:02 AM.

(1*) is offline Member
    i'm not the pro here but i personally think you should do away with some of the whites and throw some whole eggs in there.
    i may be wrong here on saying this as well but i would think if you (with your build) are on prop and tren then you will weigh less than your goal with those amounts of macros, which isn't a bad thing if your mass to fat ratio satisfies you.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

once you have that number, you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

once you have that number, you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

i got 2183.85

then 2183.85 x 1.55 = 3385
    (my only activity is going to be AM low intensity cardio, working out (5days on 1 day off), then low intensity right after my work out) so you be the judge if im too high or too low

so i should be getting 3385 cals just for maintenance?

maybe have my cals at 2800?
    Last edited by laduem88; 05-16-2009 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by (1*) View Post
    i'm not the pro here but i personally think you should do away with some of the whites and throw some whole eggs in there.
    i may be wrong here on saying this as well but i would think if you (with your build) are on prop and tren then you will weigh less than your goal with those amounts of macros, which isn't a bad thing if your mass to fat ratio satisfies you.
    yea but i was thinking bc of all the cholesterol to stay away, since im on tren and prop

Quote Originally Posted by laduem88 View Post
    i got 2183.85

then 2183.85 x 1.55 = 3385

so i should be getting 3385 cals just for maintenance?

maybe have my cals at 2800?
    around there would be good

ok so this is what my day mon.-friday is going to look like. On a side not i will be on test p/tren ace (10 week cycle).....any advice would be greatly appreciated...

stats:

6', 215 pounds, 13%-15% bf

GOAL AFTER CYCLE:

215 pounds 7%-10% bf

6 am: get up and do cardio (low intensity 45min)

7 am: Protein shake (50g protein)
    whey isolate in water i'm assuming? if so drop to 25g and put half the carbs from the next meal in the shake
    7 45 am: 10 egg whites, cup of oats (50g of protein, 60g carbs)

10 45 am: Whey & Oats shake (24g protein, 22g carbs)
    double the oats

3 00 pm: 8 oz talapia, 1/2cup of oats (45g protein, 27g carbs)
    double the oats
    5 30 pm: 8 oz chicken, 1 cup of oats (45g p, 60g c)

WORKOUT

Post work out cardio (Low intensity 45min)

double the carbs
    8 30 pm: 16 oz salmon, broccoli (80g protein, 24g fat)
    cut to 10oz of salmon
    10 30 pm: 8 oz turkey, broccoli (45g protein)
    add in some fat here, fish oil could be good
    SLEEP

1736 cals from protein (434 g), 800 cals from carbs (200g)

495 cals from fat (55 g)
    recalculate and see what you get, i tried to drop the protein a bit and up the carbs

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    5 days on and one off? i think you need at least one day off in between there

Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    5 days on and one off? i think you need at least one day off in between there
    well this is the routine i was going to do

day 1:Shoulders/upper chest
    day 2: Quads/Clafs
    day 3: Back
    day 4: Chest (middle and lower)/triceps
    day 5: Traps/Hamstrings/calfs/biceps (sounds like alot but deadlifts/power cleans work multiple groups)
    day 6: Cardio

repeat

most people dont split up there legs between 2 days so considering that i do, i think 5 on 1 off would work...also my body is going to be recovering really fast as well...once i get off the cycle its going to change to this:

day 1: Shoulders/upper chest
    day 2: Quads/Calfs
    day 4: cardio
    day 5: Chest
    day 6: Traps/hamstrings/calfs
    day 7: arms
    day 8: cardio
    Last edited by laduem88; 05-16-2009 at 12:57 PM.

around there would be good

recalculate and see what you get, i tried to drop the protein a bit and up the carbs
    yea thats what i feel like i needed to do...my body type though is in between meso and endo....so i dont want carbs to be too high, do you think my goal of 215 @7-10 is possible

well this is the routine i was going to do

day 1:Shoulders/upper chesti would stick to just chest here and core
    day 2: Quads/Clafs

INSERT BREAK HERE TO ALLOW MORE CNS RECOVERY AND time for the body to heal
    day 4: Chest (middle and lower)/tricepsdo delts/tris here not working the posterior because youll want to implement rowing movements for back
    day 5: Traps/Hamstrings/calfs/biceps (sounds like alot but deadlifts/power cleans work multiple groups)[B]this is an awkard day, eliminate it looks liek your trying to get too fancy with it. id stick to this

this is what i currently run as a 4 day split, works great

mon-back, hams, calves
    tues-delts, tris, forearms, core
    wed-off
    thurs-quads, glutes, calves
    fri-chest, biceps, core

day 6: Cardio

repeat

most people dont split up there legs between 2 days so considering that i do, i think 5 on 1 off would work...also my body is going to be recovering really fast as well...once i get off the cycle its going to change to this:

day 1: Shoulders/upper chest
    day 2: Quads/Calfs
    day 4: cardio
    day 5: Chest
    day 6: Traps/hamstrings/calfs
    day 7: arms
    day 8: cardio
    bold

Diet Updated

how does this look?

6 am: get up and do cardio

7 am: Whey & oats shake (50g protein, 22g carbs)

7 45 am: 10 egg whites, 1/2 cup of oats (50g of protein, 30g carbs)

10 45 am: Whey & Oats shake (50g protein, 42g carbs)

3 00 pm: 8 oz talapia, 1 cup of oats (45g protein, 60g carbs)

5 30 pm: 8 oz chicken, 1 cup of oats (45g p, 60g carbs)

WORKOUT

8 30 pm: 8 oz salmon, broccoli (42g protein, 15g fat)

10 30 pm: 8 oz salmon, broccoli (42g protein, 15g fat)

SLEEP

419g protein (1676 cals)

241g carbs (964 cals)

50g fat (450 cals)

3090 cals

bold
    "this is what i currently run as a 4 day split, works great

mon-back, hams, calves
    wed-off
    fri-chest, biceps, core"

yea that looks like a good split...after your chest/bi day do you take an off day then go back to the back day?

"this is what i currently run as a 4 day split, works great

mon-back, hams, calves
    wed-off
    fri-chest, biceps, core"

yea that looks like a good split...after your chest/bi day do you take an off day then go back to the back day?

well since im not following a day1,2, etc. schedule, ill be doing back again monday so ill give my body another day of rest

well since im not following a day1,2, etc. schedule, ill be doing back again monday so ill give my body another day of rest
    if your off a cycle i think that would be good 3 off days and 4 training days...but if im going to be on tren and prop im going to try to train 5-6 days a week because my body is going to recover really fast + protein synthesis is going to be very high

no one has answered my question about if my goal is possible with how im going to be eating and by doing cardio 2x a day 7 days a week?

current:
    215 @13-15 bf

goal:
    210-215 @7-9 bf

anyone?

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    no one has answered my question about if my goal is possible with how im going to be eating and by doing cardio 2x a day 7 days a week?

current:
    215 @13-15 bf

goal:
    210-215 @7-9 bf
    The problem with your workout/cardio is after lifting days you should be doing 20 miutes of high intensity cardio after.

So instead of the 45 mins of low intensity after your workout you should do 20 mins of high intensity, some people say on a high carb day you can do 3 mins high 1 minutes low and on low carbs day i personally do 1 minute high 2 minutes low, but I want to shoot myself after the high intensity minute, lol.........

Also any ideas where your heart rate is on the low intensity morning cardio?? This is def important to know to optimize your fat burning cardio.

Also anything is possible with the right work ethic and devotion. I see alot of people put in work in the gym 5 days a week and when it comes to the weekend for some reason stuff goes to shit.

So anything is possible, but the exact time its going to take you to reach your goal all depends apon you and how your body reacts. Remember to change up intensity while lifting too when you notcie changes in your body.......

current:
    215 @13-15 bf

goal:
    210-215 @7-9 bf
    in order to do this you are going to have to lose 15lbs of fat and gain 15lbs of muscle, so yes i believe it's possible

Quote Originally Posted by MACKATTACK View Post
    The problem with your workout/cardio is after lifting days you should be doing 20 miutes of high intensity cardio after.

So instead of the 45 mins of low intensity after your workout you should do 20 mins of high intensity, some people say on a high carb day you can do 3 mins high 1 minutes low and on low carbs day i personally do 1 minute high 2 minutes low, but I want to shoot myself after the high intensity minute, lol.........

Also any ideas where your heart rate is on the low intensity morning cardio?? This is def important to know to optimize your fat burning cardio.
    ok cool, so on my lifting days il do 20 min of high intensity (3 min high, 1 min low).....on my off days il do (2 min high, 1 min low).

-as for the morning cardio should it always be low intensity no matter if its an on day or off day?

in order to do this you are going to have to lose 15lbs of fat and gain 15lbs of muscle, so yes i believe it's possible
    cool, every day even on the weekends im going to wake up at 6 to start my day, and eat the same thing at the same times...i might switch up the protein source around eventually but it all will come down to the same macros...i can not wait, iv never had a 6 pack, iv always been around 14-16 bf

ok cool, so on my lifting days il do 20 min of high intensity (3 min high, 1 min low).....on my off days il do (2 min high, 1 min low).

-as for the morning cardio should it always be low intensity no matter if its an on day or off day?
    I personally do ALL of my morning cardio at low intensity since you have no food/fuel in your system to burn and too high of an intensity in my eyes would def start to burn muscle, so overall the guys I know do all their morning cardio at a Low intensity (including the body builders i know).

I would def think of changing the intensity of your lifting though, that will definitely bring changes to your body sooner also, dont always get used to the same old lifting routine because the body is VERY complex and VERY smart so eventually it gets used to it. In the most recent Muscular Development magazine there is a article on a study done about the increase in mass and strength when lifting is done at a higher intensity compared to the very popular lower intensity lifting.........

cool, every day even on the weekends im going to wake up at 6 to start my day, and eat the same thing at the same times...i might switch up the protein source around eventually but it all will come down to the same macros...i can not wait, iv never had a 6 pack, iv always been around 14-16 bf
    Do not forget to cheat, its important because it pretty much gives your body a jump start to burning fat at a tremendous rate again......

Do not forget to cheat, its important because it pretty much gives your body a jump start to burning fat at a tremendous rate again......
    thats where i think i went wrong before...for a cheat meal i guess im going to have to go with chinese

I personally do ALL of my morning cardio at low intensity since you have no food/fuel in your system to burn and too high of an intensity in my eyes would def start to burn muscle, so overall the guys I know do all their morning cardio at a Low intensity (including the body builders i know).

I would def think of changing the intensity of your lifting though, that will definitely bring changes to your body sooner also, dont always get used to the same old lifting routine because the body is VERY complex and VERY smart so eventually it gets used to it. In the most recent Muscular Development magazine there is a article on a study done about the increase in mass and strength when lifting is done at a higher intensity compared to the very popular lower intensity lifting.........
    so maybe change time in between sets? or completely change my split? maybe add some drop sets and super sets? also remember im going to be on tren so you think i would still be able to do high intensity 3 min and 1 min of low intensity?
    Last edited by laduem88; 05-16-2009 at 10:45 PM.

if your cutting i would stick to just low intensity cardio and alt high and low ONLY if your CARB up

this will help
    To those who dont know

if your cutting i would stick to just low intensity cardio and alt high and low ONLY if your CARB up

this will help
    To those who dont know
    im so confused...so i shouldn't do high intensity cardio (3 on 1 off) right after i work out? as far as carbing up im going to do the diet i posted every day...il cut the carbs by maybe 50-80 on off days though

if your off a cycle i think that would be good 3 off days and 4 training days...but if im going to be on tren and prop im going to try to train 5-6 days a week because my body is going to recover really fast + protein synthesis is going to be very high
    you still need rest on workouts, the workout plan i have is great for roids or not.. you are not overtraining muscles and are getting plenty of rest for CNS recovery as well

im so confused...so i shouldn't do high intensity cardio (3 on 1 off) right after i work out? as far as carbing up im going to do the diet i posted every day...il cut the carbs by maybe 50-80 on off days though
    if your hopping on gear i would NEVER do high intensity cardio. at 240g carbs thats about what im intaking right now and i currently run no high intensity. if im around the 300g carbs than i will implement some sort of alternating high and low intensities post workout for 20 minutes.

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    i second this opinion... to the op.. im responding to your pm.. but seeing as how phate has already helped u.. there isn't much more i can do... he did teach me half of what i know.. lol... follow his advice to the T...

i dunno why you'd run high intensity cardio.. i would stick to low intensity 1 day and maybe play basketball or something the next.. this has always worked for me. (even though, after my workouts, i can barely shoot the damn ball) lmao...

Quote Originally Posted by jamyjamjr View Post
    i dunno why you'd run high intensity cardio.. i would stick to low intensity 1 day and maybe play basketball or something the next.. this has always worked for me. (even though, after my workouts, i can barely shoot the damn ball) lmao...
    Please see the WORKOUT section and click on the High intensity vs Low Intensity workout thread.........explained in full.......

i second this opinion... to the op.. im responding to your pm.. but seeing as how phate has already helped u.. there isn't much more i can do... he did teach me half of what i know.. lol... follow his advice to the T...
    i will, i just wanted to get as much feedback as possible lol, thanks though bro

iv read it bud.. cant say i disagree with it, just know how my body responds to things.. people forget that the advice we give out is with a self-induced need for microcalibartion...

well after reading everyones experiences with tren , idk if il be able to even keep on in basketball haha

well after reading everyones experiences with tren, idk if il be able to even keep on in basketball haha
    haha missed that part.. i tried playing bbal on tren .. i was crying for my mommy within 25min... keep ur cardio low-intensity.. do u have any t3?? it combats the stamina issue a bit at 50mcg ed

haha missed that part.. i tried playing bbal on tren.. i was crying for my mommy within 25min... keep ur cardio low-intensity.. do u have any t3?? it combats the stamina issue a bit at 50mcg ed
    i have some but iv been hearing from alot of people that t3 isnt something you want to take because of the risk of messing up your thyroid...so idk i did get some with my tren though but i dont think im going to use it...it would help me get to 8% though but i think i could get there with out it...should i cycle clen when im on or would that be too much stress on my heart?

Quote Originally Posted by laduem88;4634***
    i have some but iv been hearing from alot of people that t3 isnt something you want to take because of the risk of messing up your thyroid...so idk i did get some with my tren though but i dont think im going to use it...it would help me get to 8% though but i think i could get there with out it...should i cycle clen when im on or would that be too much stress on my heart?
    ur already gonna be sweating off your ass.. save the clen for post cycle...

i know what your saying about t3, but i dont think ur aware that tren suppresses your t3 production anyways.. if your really worried, keep the dosage at 25mcg... u'll be fine... the whole recovery of thyroid function is more of a myth then anything.. i know guys who've run t3 for 8 months straight and had their tyroids homeostat within 4 months of discontinuing...

ur already gonna be sweating off your ass.. save the clen for post cycle...

i know what your saying about t3, but i dont think ur aware that tren suppresses your t3 production anyways.. if your really worried, keep the dosage at 25mcg... u'll be fine... the whole recovery of thyroid function is more of a myth then anything.. i know guys who've run t3 for 8 months straight and had their tyroids homeostat within 4 months of discontinuing...
    well i only have 50 25mcg tabs so how should i run it...because im running tren for 8-9 weeks

Thread Information