jc95605 is offline Senior Member

Arrow Pre-Workout Foods

What do you guys like to eat before you go to the gym for energy? I'm not talking about shakes or drinks, nothin you mix. I mean actual foods. Let's hear it guys. Also does it give you energy for the entire time your at the gym? how long?

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    my carb source i use pre workout is ezekiel bread or 12 grain bread

jc95605 is offline Senior Member
    Does it last for 2hrs or so? does it last for the whole workout?

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    well i have two carb/pro meals prior to the gym and always have energy... if i go after one i usually feel more sluggish oats first meal then ezekiel or whole grain bread does the trick for me

bcbrett is offline Associate Member
    I as well always try and have at least two pro carb (complex) meals in me before i hit the gym. Also I wait at about an 45 minutes after eating to hit the weights.

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jc95605 View Post
    What do you guys like to eat before you go to the gym for energy? I'm not talking about shakes or drinks, nothin you mix. I mean actual foods. Let's hear it guys. Also does it give you energy for the entire time your at the gym? how long?
    Any whole food brown carb/sweet potato/brown rice/oats/cream of wheat or white carb/white rice/grits/potato does me justice,no /bagels not even whole grain breads even know the process is minimal with whole grain bread they still went through a process and any processed carb IMO is junk.But at what level is what you should figure out will work for you so you don't get bloated,1/2 cup 3/4 1,medium or large sweet potato I peel my sweet potato for a faster digesting.White carbs "FAST DIGESTING" mean a "GREATER" insulin spike which is picturesque in terms of building muscle because insulin is a hormone that regulates the metabolism of glucose and other nutrients,basically shuttlinG to the muscle what they need to grow.I prefer 1 medium sweet potato peeled past the white membrane with 4oz boneless chicken breast with 20oz coffee this will be sure to put you in high gear for your entire workout.If I could afford it I would trade the chicken for lean ground beef,there's no better protein for building muscle IMO.Sweet potato has just the rite amount of carbs and natural sugar to fuel your workouts and combined with lean beef as your protein source there's no better combination.I don't use supplement or drugs so for me there is no more guess work with whole food nutrition there's what works for the individual and what works for me,it's the whole foods that you'll need to figure out works best for your needs,goals and pre programmed metabolism.Check out my before and after pre work out no pump and pump during my calf workout I did with 4 oz salmon and 1/2 cup of brown rice.
    http://s680.photobucket.com/albums/v...view=slideshow
    Last edited by dedic8ed1; 05-16-2009 at 08:59 PM.

Thread Information