Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Clusk is offline New Member

Question Need some structure!!!

Ok so here is the thing I'm 22 and I need to drop some weight but when I say weight I mean I'm looking to loose 50lb's. I just took my weight and I'm 302 and I'm 5'10... Now before you say I just need a diet and work out I know all this I played football for 8 years and I am a born "linemen" I am just a big guy and I don't really have fat all over I just have a nice GUT So what I'm looking for on here is for some advice on what to eat and all that fun stuff I know I'm going to have to eat 5-6 small meals I just don't really know where to start... and I'm going to be back in the gym 5-6 days a week I just don't want to be 45 and look at a huge gut and say I should have taken care of it when I was 22... So if anyone has some advice or point me in the right directions that would be great...

I have looked threw the forum and I found a lot of diets I just don't know what one is the one I'm looking for...I do have a gym regiment so I'm good with that it's just the Diet I need help with

My Body fat is around 38%
    I'm 5'10
    Weight 302lb
    Goal around 240-250lbs
    Last edited by Clusk; 05-21-2009 at 08:30 AM.

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    lets do some math firsts

BMR (men and women) = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg)
    lean mass= your bf weight - your total weight.. let me know if you need help with this

once you have that number, you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

then, i need u to watch these videos...

So you wanna learn how to Diet?

Clusk is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamyjamjr View Post
    lets do some math firsts

BMR (men and women) = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg)
    lean mass= your bf weight - your total weight.. let me know if you need help with this
    I'm not sure how to get my bf weight as it like what 38% of 302 is??

thanks for the quick reply

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusk View Post
    I'm not sure how to get my bf weight as it like what 38% of 302 is??
    thanks for the quick reply
    187 lbs of lean.

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    187/2.2= 85kg

21.6 x 85= 1836 + 370= BMR 2206

Thread Information