Polska is offline Anabolic Member

Gatorade with BCAAs mixed in during my workout

I use one scoop of gatorade fruit punch flavored powder (delicious) with around 10-15g of BCAA's during my workout. 1 scoop has around 35g of carbs (140 kcal). I find that it helps a lot during leg and back days with energy when I incorporate this. As of right now I try to get 2 meals in before my workout, consisting of around 50g of slow digesting carbs each. Is drinking another 35g of simple carbs w/ BCAAs during the workout overkill? Anyone else incorporate simple sugars and aminos during a workout?

scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont know about the gatorade during my workout but i do know that you have some of the best avy's on the site...keep up the good work bro...

Quote Originally Posted by scerpico22 View Post
    i dont know about the gatorade during my workout but i do know that you have some of the best avy's on the site...keep up the good work bro...
    Lol its a fine line putting up nice ones that don't violate the rules... man some of the ones that I wish I could put up here... I'd have to wack off to my own posts

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    hmmm, now where have I heard of this mix before? lol

yes, I think it's a good idea.

I follow this protocol.

scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Polska View Post
    Lol its a fine line putting up nice ones that don't violate the rules... man some of the ones that I wish I could put up here... I'd have to wack off to my own posts
    feel free to PM me...ill be happy to judge...

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    It's not a bad idea at all. I add carbs to my intra workout mixture sometimes.

That being said I dont believe its necessary if you are in and out of the gym within 45 minutes, which I usually am.

You wont fully blow all your glycogen stores in that time frame and just sipping on some BCAA's themselves seems to be ok for me and then just consume carbs directly afterward.

If you are using slin pre workout than ya do the carbs lol.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    if you are in the gym for a short amount of time, i dont really think you need a mid drink or anything of that sort to get you through the workout.
    to hydrate is a different story, maybe your mistaken it with that.
    cause i do sometimes drink the powerade/gatorade sugar free drink and it hydrates me and dont seem to fatigue as quick.

So i dont think its really necessary..

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino View Post
    It's not a bad idea at all. I add carbs to my intra workout mixture sometimes.

That being said I dont believe its necessary if you are in and out of the gym within 45 minutes, which I usually am.

You wont fully blow all your glycogen stores in that time frame and just sipping on some BCAA's themselves seems to be ok for me and then just consume carbs directly afterward.

If you are using slin pre workout than ya do the carbs lol.
    Are you an advocate of using slin pre workout Bino? I've tried it before and can't say I noticed much difference to using it post workout or not using it at all.

Thread Information