i_make_you_fit is offline New Member

Diet for on the GO

Can everyone give me there input on a good diet variations for a truck driver? One who is trying to add size! By size i'm not talking about FAT but lean muscle while reducing body fat or at least maintaining current Percentage!!! Please Help!

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    that makes things a bit difficult... how long are your trips?? are u a cross country truck driver??

Duke07 is offline New Member
    buy a cooler and fill'er up with good stuff. Find the what's in your cooler thread.

i'm on the road for a max of two days at a time.

yea, that would make things easier.. watch these videos, do the math
    '
    So you wanna learn how to Diet?
    Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

once you have that number, you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

thanks for the info.. I'll watch the videos and get back with you .. I've already done the Math.. my final my DCE is 3046.. Training days it will be 3907 non training days I have as 2731 but it will need to be adjusted because I am burning alot of calories unloading my trailer.. I will have an estimate on that in about 2 weeks. I just got my polar HR watch back and I'm going to track the amount of calories burned while unloading which will ultimately change my non workout days calorie count.

(1*) is offline Member
    by far the best thing for you to do.... the ONLY thing for you to do to aviod bad foods on the road is to pack the cooler.... get a big one.

i have a big cooler.. the blug into the cig. type but the problem is what to PUT IN IT!... I need good quality finger food. Is it impossible... Right now I basically pack Turkey from the deli on 12 grain bread little bit of mustard and a slice of cheese.. and plenty of banana's

yea u need to cook you food for two days, put that shit in plastic and put it in your cooler.. u pretty much have to put your whole days serving of food in that thing.. so think alot bigger and alot more.. have the woman cook alotta chicken breast and fridge that shit for you.. u need to get creative..

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    i thought college was tough and eating.. lol .. get used to eating cold chicken!

i don't mind eating cold chicken.. was just looking for other options.. i still need my carbs..i'm burning about 2000 calories a day at work.. I was looking for suggestion on a more rounded meal.... I do thank you all for the input thus far.. I haven't had time yet jamyjamjr to view the video's but I will get to it. All this research is for preparation of my first cycle. Which I'm not sure what it will be... but thinking of Test.. i just need to get this diet dialed in more precise.... once I get that i'll be training 4 days a week.. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday....

Just got home from a two day trip. My meals consisted of:
    breakfast 2 pb&j on whole wheat bread 1 cup decaf coffee
    2 1/2 hours later 2oz Turkey on Brownberry 12 grain bread with a slice of cheese banana
    2 1/2 hours later the same thing
    then dinner consisted of three egg ham and cheese omelette.
    total calories for the day 2176
    protein 23 = 149g
    that was for Day one on the road.. Not enough for bulking ... more suggestions please...
    by the way I wore my HR watch and I 1317 calories that day unloading my truck.

Day two was even worse.. I burned 934 calories this day. and consumed about the same number of calories. Can ANYONE HELP please!!!!
    I'm going to post my workout in the workout forum for review as well..

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    You just need to add some more food. Get some of those "All whites" they sell in the egg section at the grocery store. Each container hold 8 egg whites and you can drink them while driving.

Get some Ezekiel bread. You should be able to find it on the road.

If you do stop to eat ask them to box up half of the meal before they even bring it out to you. They always give you more food then you need and this way you have a meal already prepared for later.

Thanks Tiger Shark for your input.. the egg white idea is a good one... I never drank it before but i'll start..

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    You can get some ostrich jerkey, Power Peanut Butter, drink pasteurized egg whites, ready to drink isopures/muscle milks.

Thread Information