BigWiLL35 is offline Junior Member

Pre workout meal?

Currently i am cutting and i was wondering if i should consume a pre workout meal? what do you guys recommend?

I take Gakic to help me push through my workouts. someone told me at the gym that its good to take in some good carbs and protein about an hour before i workout?

Any help is appreciated!

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWiLL35 View Post
    Currently i am cutting and i was wondering if i should consume a pre workout meal? what do you guys recommend?

I take Gakic to help me push through my workouts. someone told me at the gym that its good to take in some good carbs and protein about an hour before i workout?

Any help is appreciated!
    I'd have to agree with the guy at the gym on this one. Even when cutting, carb intake is important pre-workout. Personally, I have a crappy workout if I train without a good source of carbohydrate previously.

If you don't mind my asking, what are your stats, and what time of day do you train? If it's later, maybe make 2-3 meals with carbs - breakfast and PRE-WO and PWO sometime.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    as of right now onmy carb cycling diet i go breakfast which is my carb/pro meal than workout 1.5 hours later than have another pro/carb meal when i get home. if im not cutting then i go 2 pro/complex carb meals then workout

BigWiLL35 is offline Junior Member
    my stats are:

age 20
    230lbs
    6'3
    bf probably around 12%

but i workout twice a day now that i'm cutting...

I get up in the morning and drink some black coffee and go to the gym for some low cardio (120 - 130 bpm) and then i do some abs. I only do cardio in the am for about 30 - 45 mins then go home and eat breakfast right after. My breakfast usually contains about 8 egg whites, 3/4 cup oatmeal mixed with 1 scoop of whey, a banana, and 1 tbsp of peanut butter.

i try to eat about every 2 to 2.5 hours during the day, thus having me consume about 6 meals a day.

in a nutshell my meals consist of high protein meats such as tuna, turkey, salmon, chicken, and occationally steak.

my carb intake comes from oatmeal (before 2 pm) and from fruits and vegetables. (i dont eat more than 2 or 3 pieces or servings of fruit a day because of the sugar)

but other than that i think my diet is pretty lean.

When i workout in the evenings i take the Gakic about 30 mins before i workout cause it gives me an intense pump. I'm all natty and i am gonna try to keep it that way. I'm thinking of getting on some kinda fat burner but i dont know yet.

In the evening i workout with weights for about an hour to an hour and 15 mins.. then i follow it with some low intensity cardio for about 30 mins.. i usually leave the gym soaked!

When i workout with the weights i mostly do the high rep style, focusing on my fast twitch crap.. making sure i only rest for no longer than 90 seconds between sets.

Once every 2 or 3 weeks though ill go a whole week of low rep high weight to trigger muscle confusion... making sure that i rest a good 3 - 4 1/2 minutes between sets.

But my real question is,,,, what do you guys think is a good pre workout supp/meal?? shake?? opions greatly appreciated!!

my stats are:

age 20
    230lbs
    6'3
    bf probably around 12%

but i workout twice a day now that i'm cutting...

I get up in the morning and drink some black coffee and go to the gym for some low cardio (120 - 130 bpm) and then i do some abs. I only do cardio in the am for about 30 - 45 mins then go home and eat breakfast right after. My breakfast usually contains about 8 egg whites, 3/4 cup oatmeal mixed with 1 scoop of whey, a banana, and 1 tbsp of peanut butter.

i try to eat about every 2 to 2.5 hours during the day, thus having me consume about 6 meals a day.

in a nutshell my meals consist of high protein meats such as tuna, turkey, salmon, chicken, and occationally steak.

my carb intake comes from oatmeal (before 2 pm) and from fruits and vegetables. (i dont eat more than 2 or 3 pieces or servings of fruit a day because of the sugar)

but other than that i think my diet is pretty lean.

When i workout in the evenings i take the Gakic about 30 mins before i workout cause it gives me an intense pump. I'm all natty and i am gonna try to keep it that way. I'm thinking of getting on some kinda fat burner but i dont know yet.

In the evening i workout with weights for about an hour to an hour and 15 mins.. then i follow it with some low intensity cardio for about 30 mins.. i usually leave the gym soaked!

When i workout with the weights i mostly do the high rep style, focusing on my fast twitch crap.. making sure i only rest for no longer than 90 seconds between sets.

Once every 2 or 3 weeks though ill go a whole week of low rep high weight to trigger muscle confusion... making sure that i rest a good 3 - 4 1/2 minutes between sets.

But my real question is,,,, what do you guys think is a good pre workout supp/meal?? shake?? opions greatly appreciated!!

good pre workout meal 1.5 hours prior any sort of lower GI carb

oats
    yams
    ezekiel bread
    with protein of course*

pre workout supp-NO shotgun

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer

Any help is appreciated!
    Pre workout meal? So you arent having frequent meals throughout the day as it is?

How much time usually passes between the last meal you eat and when you go to the gym?

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    good pre workout meal 1.5 hours prior any sort of lower GI carb

oats
    yams
    ezekiel bread
    with protein of course*

pre workout supp-NO shotgun
    ^X2.

Also, make sure you're eating 6-8 meals a day, between 2-3 hours apart.

Morning cardio is great on an empty stomach, but personally I use BCAA or Whey and water about 20-30 minutes before-hand, and caffeine occasionally.

Lastly, if you train for 1 hour and 15 minutes, then do 30 minutes more cardio, I think that's a bit much. I'd drop the PWO cardio to preserve some muscle mass, especially if you're hitting it hard in the AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sizerp View Post
    ^X2.

Also, make sure you're eating 6-8 meals a day, between 2-3 hours apart.

Morning cardio is great on an empty stomach, but personally I use BCAA or Whey and water about 20-30 minutes before-hand, and caffeine occasionally.

Lastly, if you train for 1 hour and 15 minutes, then do 30 minutes more cardio, I think that's a bit much. I'd drop the PWO cardio to preserve some muscle mass, especially if you're hitting it hard in the AM.
    ive been eating at maintaneace and suing cardio to burn excess fat using about thsi protocol.. 1 hour lifts 30 mini PWO LI cardio... have gotten stronger and lost 2-3% BF... peoples anabolic windows are much larger thant hey think.. id say go 30 and if you start losing muscle just take your PWO shake immediately after cardio... then if you start losing with this cut back to 20-25min

Thread Information