The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member

Red face I know this is going to sound weird but...

Does anyone eat INSECTS as part of their DIET??

Insects harbor the greatest amount of protein per unit than Meat but less than fish... so if you went on a scale.. its Meat/chicken/insect/fish ...

From what i read somewhere...

They contain 4 times as much protein as red meat from Cow does... THAT'S ALOT... grant it .. they are insects dudes and are disgusting but SOME PEOPLE eat them... I am just curious if any of US bodybuilders incorporate this abundant food source into their Diet...

Gross I know but I had to ask...

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    HELL.......................... NOoooooooooooo

Where would you purchase insects at?? Certainly have never seen them in any local grocery around here

DrZach is offline New Member
    Not I :-)

Can't go into my local store and buy them. If I was going to eat them I certainly wouldn't be hunting for them outback. I saw on Discovery one time about people who eat bugs everyday...most bugs you would have to order form a good source (lol) so they aren't disease ridden like a bug you would catch.

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    my pet store carries, crickets and such for invertebrates, but I can't imagine how many you would have to eat to get enough nutrients to make it worth it

I didn't think so but I had to ask... lol...

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    HELL.......................... NOoooooooooooo

Where would you purchase insects at?? Certainly have never seen them in any local grocery around here
    most cultures around the world use insects in their cooking, just not here as much, i went to a site once though that shipped ready to eat insects and such

See i knew someone wouldnt think I was crazy on this whole thing... They have massive amounts of protein.. especially beetles and spiders, the camel spider actually I was just looking up for every 2 ounces it contains 39 grams of protein along with a host of vitamin a and d... weird I know but... if you look at it that way... it's mostly protein.. 2 ounces equates to 56 total grams and if 39 of it is protein then it's comprised of approximately 2/3's protein... that's outta control... it's not like I am about to start mowing down camel spiders in place of one of my meals but what if we were to disguise this with something and blend it up... put it in a shake and down the hatch...

NO?? haha... I didnt think so.. but hey .. at least its good to know that if the mammals on this planet ever go extinct.. we still have a GREAT source of protein to expunge upon and utilize and low and behold ... we will still have bodybuilders !!! WHERE THERE IS PROTEIN... THERE IS MUSCLE !

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I play cricket on my cardio days , Does that help ?

Bio-boosted is offline Member
    eating spiders? no way!

supragasm is offline Associate Member

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well crickets might contain about 4 times as much protein as red meat but do you really want to eat 250-300 grams of insects in one sitting?

Ground up in a bushel of blueberries and Oats and egg whites I guarantee and then sauteed in a frying pan would make for a killer PWO meal.. and I bet you wouldnt even be able to tell they were there...

JinNtonic is offline Member
    Fear factor BBing nice...

You are insane Deuce! lol

alilswole is offline New Member
    it sounds pretty gros but im sure its high in protein low in fat

Quote Originally Posted by JinNtonic View Post
    Fear factor BBing nice...

You are insane Deuce! lol
    LOL... I have been accused of that more than 1000 times in my life... I am starting to think there may be some truth to this...

Hey just because I like sticking needles in my butt, lifting heavy weights, and staring at myself in a mirror constantly examining every aspect of every muscle on my body and counting my macros religiously does not make me insane... it just makes me a hardcore BB !! I think... right?? Guys.. Guys... Guys??

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    most cultures around the world use insects in their cooking, just not here as much, i went to a site once though that shipped ready to eat insects and such
    This is true

However where we live (U.S.) this resource is not readily available for us and being this is bodybuilding; knowledge is not power, the application of knowledge is power and for one to use or look into a resource outside of what is available to them locally makes absolutely no sense especially when ones diet and/or body fat is not in check.

Its fine to be curious about such like The Deuce is but he can benefit much more from what he has available than looking into purchasing something such as this

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    This is true

However where we live (U.S.) this resource is not readily available for us and being this is bodybuilding; knowledge is not power, the application of knowledge is power and for one to use or look into a resource outside of what is available to them locally makes absolutely no sense especially when ones diet and/or body fat is not in check.

Its fine to be curious about such like The Deuce is but he can benefit much more from what he has available than looking into purchasing something such as this
    nice, i like it

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    nice, i like it
    I thought you might. I mean one does not have to have the physique in order to be considered knowledgeable but in competitive bodybuilding you gotta apply what you learn in order to be successful. The more one learns the more dangerous one can become in the sport........

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    that's the diff between being lazy and being a genius... ability to execute..

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    i think it was time magazine that had an article saying that insects will be the new food just because they cost less and yeild more food than cows or pigs.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    what the ****

No no no REED i was definitely not trying to find a different food source... I WAS JUST BEING INQUISITIVE .. That's all.. thanks for pointing out the fact again that I am still a fat fvck... loving that...

Well that truly wasn't meant for you

BUT since you say it, don't be such a p*ssy. You wanna be a competitive bodybuilder well you need to get use to criticism everyday by your peers, judges etc so if you can't handle it cause you're too sensitive then its time to find something else to do cause you'll feel miserable for the rest of your life

I know I'm not perfect

My legs need to be brought up, more separation in the quads, more size, same in the hamstrings. Overall calves are too small for my body.

Chest is behind and needs a lift, more thickness in the upper chest

My arms are lagging, I need more size in my inner triceps, my biceps need more peak and thickness

Back needs to be wider, more mass

Shoulders more cap

etc etc I could go on and on

You'll need to accept where you're at and progress from there and not be full of yourself thinking you're the shit when you are not, probably have never been in a show or won one, post pics of yourself of where you truly are at, and live in reality.

This is meant to help, take it or leave it

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I am not eating any insects. Ate some moths in the Army but I was hungry and desperate while on a training mission.

Well that truly wasn't meant for you

BUT since you say it, don't be such a p*ssy. You wanna be a competitive bodybuilder well you need to get use to criticism everyday by your peers, judges etc so if you can't handle it cause you're too sensitive then its time to find something else to do cause you'll feel miserable for the rest of your life

I know I'm not perfect

My legs need to be brought up, more separation in the quads, more size, same in the hamstrings. Overall calves are too small for my body.

Chest is behind and needs a lift, more thickness in the upper chest

My arms are lagging, I need more size in my inner triceps, my biceps need more peak and thickness

Back needs to be wider, more mass

Shoulders more cap

etc etc I could go on and on

You'll need to accept where you're at and progress from there and not be full of yourself thinking you're the shit when you are not, probably have never been in a show or won one, post pics of yourself of where you truly are at, and live in reality.

This is meant to help, take it or leave it
    Oh it does help man, DEFINITELY.. that's what I need to hear.. I really was joking.. lol.. thats why I added in the sad face... I could list everything too... because obviously nothing on my body is competition ready.. BUT I AM OK with that... the fact of KNOWING that I am progressing everyday is all that really truly matters to me... although I will say... I DO GOT ONE HELLA SET OF WHEELS ALREADY... hahaha I can not WAIT to fully develop them bad boys.. I dedicate 2 days to legs.. 1 quad, 1 hammy/calf... and then in between I do a 3 set of 25rep to just hit the calf a lil bit extra to bring it up... but ya I DEFINITELY HEAR WHAT YOU ARE SCREAMING MAN !!! Thanks for all the help.. it truly is appreciated... You are the man!!

Thread Information