phat_matt85 is offline Member

i uped my carbs and i lost weight??

Im still learning about diet, so hopefully someone can tell me what was the cause of the weight lose. Last week i did no carb and water day and then carb load day the following am. Then this whole week i was soooo hungry so i figured i would up my carbs to see what happenes and the carbs were mainly oatmeal i ate oatmeal 2-3 times a day. i drank a lot of water but not as much as i usually do. I weigh my self today and im down 4 pounds. I look more cut but the only thing i have noticed is my abs tend to hide a little bit thwords the end of the day. So would uping the carbs cause my metabolism increase?

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    i need to know your diet with macros and bmr/tdee

4:30 am Meal 1: 40-50 grams of carbs from oat meal and sugar free syrup 5 grams of crabs from that, 4-5 eggs usually only whites, fat free yogurt with 17g protein and 7 g of sugar, 20 grams of whey protein ever other day.
    Carbs 50-60 g, Protein 40-60 g, fat 15 g.

8:00 am Meal 2: eather 2 slices of wheat bread, with 6-7 oz of lean turkey or ham , or just chicken breast and hand full of almonds ( this depends if its a litfing day or not)
    C 30-40 g, P 40 g, F 20 g

11-11:30 Meal 3: 30-50 grams of carbs from some kind of beans and green veggies or brown rice, with 6-8 oz of lean chicken or turkey or fish on somedays ( latley i have been eating oat meal instead of beans
    C 30-50 g , P 50 g, F 10 g

2:30 Meal 4: 50 grams of elliet protein and hand full of almonds or 2 slices of whet bread and peanut butter with sugar free syrup.
    C 30 g, P 50 g, F 20 g

5:30 Meal 5 3-4 oz lean turkey, london broil, or chicken with red beans, brown rice
    C 30-40 g, P 35 g, F 10 g

6:30-7:00 gym, i drink gatore here sometimes, when i feel flat.

8:00-8:30 Post work out 40-50 grams of elliet protein, with 35-70 grams of glycomaize, now i started eating Bagel, I LIKE IT!
    C 60 g, P 50 g, F 3 g I think?

930: londol broil cooked with some oil all the wayy here, 4-5 oz and almonds sometimes if im still hungry
    P 30-40 g, F 10-30 g

Total
    Crabs 200-300 grams, protein 295-315 grams, fat 60-100 grams
    Lower cal day 2800 calories
    Higher cal day 3360 calories

I also like to play with my carbs, as have few low carb days but lately I have been staying the same so i can have some energy for work since im still getting used work.
    This is all i could find on my comp i got the rest somewhere as soon as i find it i will post it
    Last edited by phat_matt85; 07-11-2009 at 04:54 PM.

i did this a while ago, not sure if its right, well it will be lower now becuse im not as active as i was when i calculated it but my Bmr was 3407.

Im 24 years old
    weight 185 pounds now, went from 189
    height 5'11''
    b0dy fat 10-11%

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't know about overall diet , But often I see diets low in fiber .
    The oatmeal being a good fiber source , Do you think your passing more of the ingested foods ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dont wanna be old View Post
    I don't know about overall diet , But often I see diets low in fiber .
    The oatmeal being a good fiber source , Do you think your passing more of the ingested foods ?
    U might be right, there was a time where i ate alot of beans for fiber but it gave me gas like crazy lol so i switched to oatmeal, I did get fiber supplement but i havnt start taking it yet.

What else should i add for more fiber?

I live in area that has some Mediterranean resturants . I get fresh and packaged hummus .
    Then I get bag of baby carrots or head of cauliflower or broccoli , sometimes celery or whatever . You can stuff yourself and not be much for calories . This will make you light on your feet IMO . Hummus is ground chick peas so you tiny bit of protien .
    If you like or stomach hummus . They have like 2 or 3 flavors .
    I use it in tuna , I can buy cheap tuna and not tell its cat food grade . LOL
    If you get tired of dry chicken breast I spread hummus on it too .

If you need a sweet snack , no ones perfect , I buy honey raisin bran muffins . ( when on sale ) LOL
    This might be bad also : I love multi grain bagels , heated up in microwave . Then natural peanut butter .
    I would say same for multi grain waffles .

My diet plan consists of watching fat , sodium , getting fiber , protein and complex carbohydrates .

In order for me to succeed I need to enjoy dieting somewhat .

Quote Originally Posted by Dont wanna be old View Post
    I live in area that has some Mediterranean resturants . I get fresh and packaged hummus .
    Then I get bag of baby carrots or head of cauliflower or broccoli , sometimes celery or whatever . You can stuff yourself and not be much for calories . This will make you light on your feet IMO . Hummus is ground chick peas so you tiny bit of protien .
    If you like or stomach hummus . They have like 2 or 3 flavors .
    I use it in tuna , I can buy cheap tuna and not tell its cat food grade . LOL
    If you get tired of dry chicken breast I spread hummus on it too .
    I got to try that!

Anyone know why whould i lose weight? would upping the carbs be the cause?

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by phat_matt85 View Post
    Anyone know why whould i lose weight? would upping the carbs be the cause?
    Usually when someone hits a sticking point in a diet it's cause they have been undereating for too long. Adding in some carbs is a great way to get the body back in fat buring mode again.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    Usually when someone hits a sticking point in a diet it's cause they have been undereating for too long. Adding in some carbs is a great way to get the body back in fat buring mode again.

NICE!, i think thats what happened to me.

Should i continue with same about of carbs for a while? or go back to what was doing before adding more crabs?

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    if your losing weight, add 200kcal eod untill you stop losing weight... it's simple bro..

Quote Originally Posted by jamyjamjr View Post
    if your losing weight, add 200kcal eod untill you stop losing weight... it's simple bro..
    Sounds simple!..i will do that this week. Thanks guys

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    it depends what your goals are, if you want to keep on cutting, you do what you are doing.
    if you notice it is working, if you dont want to cut and you finding your losing weight.
    just add like jamy said.

and before you probably were under eating, so when you increased a little carb, it boosted your meto provided you with more energy and you probably trained better.
    hence for the pounds lost.

Thread Information