PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member

When cutting carbs should I have oats in the morning?

I'm 2 weeks into an 8 week cutting diet and have been adjusting my diet and cutting out my carbs. My goal is 1.5 grams or protein per lb of bodyweight and no more than 1 gram of carbs per lb. of bodyweight a day. I'm currently 176lbs. and 5'8" tall.

Anyways, should I have some carbs in the early morning such as oats so that I'm not craving them ALL day long? Since I cut my morning carbs I'm just starving for the entire day. Should I mix them in with a protein shake and just cut them out later in the day?

I really fined tuned my diet over the weekend and the 2 day average is as follows:

2167.75 Calories/ 268.5 grams Protein/ 153.145 grams Carbs/ 61.87 grams Fat

Thanks in advance,
    Pete

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Hey...im also on a cutting diet...you seem to be more fine tuned than me at the moment...i would def have oats in the morning..they are one of the best sorts of carbs. i did a very low carb day on saturday gone(oats in the morning was the only carb i used apart from a bit green veg with my dinner)

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    you still need carbs wihle cutting to have energy and preserve muscle (unless running keto). so yea use oats in the mroning if youd like

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    I'm 2 weeks into an 8 week cutting diet and have been adjusting my diet and cutting out my carbs. My goal is 1.5 grams or protein per lb of bodyweight and no more than 1 gram of carbs per lb. of bodyweight a day. I'm currently 176lbs. and 5'8" tall.

Anyways, should I have some carbs in the early morning such as oats so that I'm not craving them ALL day long? Since I cut my morning carbs I'm just starving for the entire day. Should I mix them in with a protein shake and just cut them out later in the day?

I really fined tuned my diet over the weekend and the 2 day average is as follows:

2167.75 Calories/ 268.5 grams Protein/ 153.145 grams Carbs/ 61.87 grams Fat

Thanks in advance,
    Pete
    good indicator that your losing muscle by starving... especially when your body needs carbs in the AM

Thread Information