Thread: Milk??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    aaron1mix is offline Junior Member

Milk??

I wanted a few opinions on the bad Ju Ju around milk. 80-90% of the advice on this forum is to drop it out of your diet.

I am assuming it's because of all the sugar and slow digestion. Is it really that bad for your diet?

I personally love milk, I try to keep it to 24oz a day max but my fat intake is normally less than 50g all day, even with the milk so I do see it as the worst thing I'm taking in.

I'm just wondering what the big bash is on it, makes the whey shakes so much tastier....

Opinions?

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    I also love milk!!!! i used to drink pints of the stuff....i now have 10onzes of skim milk a day with my morning oats...whey pro with water...

maybe in the future i will cut it out all together..

IMO milk has its place in many diets and times. ALthough milk has lots of sugars it is a low GI food that does not spike insulin and is slow digesting.

Where it works.
    If you have a mid day shake and only have whey pro, it goes great with that as it will slow the digestion down

Before bed with casien pro is the most ideal time imo

where it doesn't
    Post work out. after you worked out your body needs nutrients NOW, milk will slow the absorbtion

In the morning your body has been feeding off itself as in starvation mode, so it needs nutrients NOW, milk will only slow the digestion of these nutrients

cutting bulking it goes well with, competition prep not so much

Klimax is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chitownhoker View Post
    IMO milk has its place in many diets and times. ALthough milk has lots of sugars it is a low GI food that does not spike insulin and is slow digesting.

Where it works.
    If you have a mid day shake and only have whey pro, it goes great with that as it will slow the digestion down

Before bed with casien pro is the most ideal time imo

where it doesn't
    Post work out. after you worked out your body needs nutrients NOW, milk will slow the absorbtion

In the morning your body has been feeding off itself as in starvation mode, so it needs nutrients NOW, milk will only slow the digestion of these nutrients

cutting bulking it goes well with, competition prep not so much
    I also like milk, but in spite of the low glycemic index it has an high insulin index. I think it's due to the presence of pro, so i take it in any case.

aaron1mix is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for all the input. I love the stuff but from the responses given, it makes sense to start phasing it out.

I know everyone has an opinion on it, I just wanted to hear some of their reasons.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I just avoid milk altogether because of the extra sugars and fat. I have seen a difference since cutting it from my diet last year.

Thread Information