BuiltForThis is offline Associate Member

Eating Fruit At Night

Are fruits such as watermelon, cantaloupe, etc good to eat at night or no because of high sugar content? If they are not then what are the preferred fruits to be eating at night?

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    I prefer to have my late nights snacks consist of some pro/fat. If I am going to eat fruit it will be early in the day and I only eat berries and perhaps a banana, usually in a protein shake.

Klimax is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuiltForThis View Post
    Are fruits such as watermelon, cantaloupe, etc good to eat at night or no because of high sugar content? If they are not then what are the preferred fruits to be eating at night?
    Drop the carb in late hours as much as possible.

Bigzrs01 is offline Associate Member
    Eat some cottage cheese if you get the munchies at night, if you like it that is. Or maybe some pb

Smoothcut is offline New Member
    I'm guessing an avocado (fruit) would not be a good choice as well even though it is a great EFA source.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    im eating powered donuts and drinking a mnt dew and sitting at close to 10% BF. Eating fruit is fine, there may be some simple carbs in there but they are loaded with vitamins and minerals. They are not empty calories like the shit I am eating right now. The point I am trying to make in my sleep deprived state is if it figures into your overall calories you can pretty much eat whatever you want when you want within reason.

csavage0 is offline Member
    I like to drink plenty of ice cold water and eat sunflower seeds to stop late night cravings. Or natti pb. Fruit gives me an insulin spike and makes me want more.

sizerp is offline Banned
    I like eating an apple before bed sometimes.

After you're insulin gets spiked, sometimes you feel crashed afterwards, especially if it's a simple sugar.

Eat fruit to help get sleepy.

BuiltForThis is offline Associate Member
    Okay sounds good, thanks for all the input.

art
    art is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sizerp View Post
    Milk products are also useful for this purpose. Milk, yogurt etc. have high insulin index and cause insulin spike.

It's not good when you try to cut

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by art View Post
    Milk products are also useful for this purpose. Milk, yogurt etc. have high insulin index and cause insulin spike.

The Insulin Index right now is probably not the best guide to go by. There is really a very limited body of evidence relative to GL or GI. For example milk carbohydrates have a very low GL and GI because of milk sugars (lactose) beta 1,4 bonding structure, and also that only about 5% of milks component make up is lactose. So relative to other sugar compounds milk ingestion has a very low effect on serum blood glucose and insulin release.

I get what your saying though, because the Insulin Index in theory takes into account other nutrients effect on insulin release. Its just that the research and validity of said research is in its very early stages.

art
    May be I'm very sensetive to insulin but after 300 ml or more of yogurt I usuially feel something close to hypoglycemia but of course it's not strong.

It varys from person to person, I think. As for me, I tolerate milk products badly and I'm not alone. But some guys tolerate them well.
    Last edited by art; 08-20-2009 at 11:56 AM.

csavage0 is offline Member

After you're insulin gets spiked, sometimes you feel crashed afterwards, especially if it's a simple sugar.

THis may be true but for me the added carbs produce more energy and the insulin hormone makes me want to eat a entire jar of peanut butter ( dont try this lol) . This is just me we are all differnt though

art
    It's the same for me, Csavage And for a lot of people too

Blog Entries
    May be I'm very sensetive to insulin but after 300 ml or more of yogurt I usuially feel something close to hypoglycemia but of course it's not strong.

It varys from person to person, I think. As for me, I tolerate milk products badly and I'm not alone. But some guys tolerate them well.
    No man touches my Beer or my Milk, I would rot away with out both....

Undercover is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    No man touches my Beer or my Milk, I would rot away with out both....

i totally expected that

sizerp is offline Banned

I don't eat dairy, nor would I advocate the use of such products, in ANY DIET for ANY PERSON. It's disgusting, and makes me feel like shit. Just in case you were wondering... insulin aside.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by csavage0 View Post
    THis may be true but for me the added carbs produce more energy and the insulin hormone makes me want to eat a entire jar of peanut butter ( dont try this lol) . This is just me we are all differnt though
    Yeah that may be. If you are used to toned-down energy levels at the end of your day, than I understand. When bulking or cutting, I usually always have a minimal amount of carbs before I sleep, otherwise I wake up starving my ass off halfway through the night.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Yeah that may be. If you are used to toned-down energy levels at the end of your day, than I understand. When bulking or cutting, I usually always have a minimal amount of carbs before I sleep, otherwise I wake up starving my ass off halfway through the night.
    I have the same problem with the carbs. Protein shake, 2 TS of PB, & EFA's are usually the last thing to go in.

Thread Information