Thread: TOP and others

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"

TOP and others

I am not bulking or cutting, just eating. I eat a ton of food over my tdee. I have discontinued the diet plan as stated below because I did not gain past where I am right now. So I just eat good meals right now. But my diet plan below is some of the meals that will make up my diet, just in different combinations. anyway I was wondering if you guys could help me with some food combinations or come up with any reasons why I can eat 1k over my tdee and not gain a pound... help me out.

Daily Caloric Need = 2,406.25447
    I am eating way over my tdee. Is there any combinations of food you can help me with?

diet is roughly
    This does not include any shakes or any type of carb supplement and efa macros are not included and I do not drink anything but water
    Meal 1
    5 eggs whole 31.2p 2.1c 33.8f = 436
    lean steak 6oz 50.8p 0.0c 11.3f = 319
    wheat toast but usually veggies (green) 6.3p 26.7c 2.0f = 150
    88.3grams protein
    28.8grams carbs
    47.1grams fat
    905 calories

Meal 2
    7oz chicken 61p 0.0c 7f = 325
    sweet potato .5lbs 4.6p 47c .3f = 204
    ***** 3-6-9 2000mgs
    65.6grams protein
    47grams carbs
    10grams fat
    525 calories

meal 3
    tuna or other fish
    37.5grams protein
    0.0grams carbs
    1.2grams fat
    efa pills
    171 calories

workout
    pwo and other meals #’s 4-6 or 7
    the following is put into a blender except blueberries which are eaten separately pwo
    chicken 1.5 lbs 209.3p 0.0c 24.1f = 1,113
    sweet potato 1.5lbs 13.7p 140.9c 1.0f = 612
    Blueberries 1 cup(PWO) 1.1p 21c .5f = 83
    274.9grams protein
    161.9grams carbs
    36.9grams fat
    2,127calories

this is my usual give or take one meal

totals
    protein = 466.3 = 1,785.2
    Carbs = 237.7 = 950.8
    Fats = 95.2 = 856.8
    Calories = 3,592.8

also worth noting that I am constantly hungry. I eat two or three steaks at a time sometimes just because I am hungry. I could keep going but what is the use of eating all of my food for the week in one day. So why else could I be starving? I eat no sugar or fast digesting carbs. But shouldn't hunger subside after a while?

POPS is offline Senior Member
    are you doing 2 hours of cardio everyday?

Dam Twist, thats a lot of food.1k over and cannot gain? You must have a hell of a metabolism....

Klimax is offline Member
    Like i said in another thread that bulking diet is simply ridicolous. Eat half the proteins you're eating and 500g of carbs and you gain like crazy.

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Twist, havent i read somewhere that you are on TRT? When was the last time you had blood panels? Another thing is your protein is really high! Arent you like 165lbs? And you have written 4 meals whats the others?
    Last edited by **TOP**; 11-22-2009 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by popsinc View Post
    are you doing 2 hours of cardio everyday?

Dam Twist, thats a lot of food.1k over and cannot gain? You must have a hell of a metabolism....
    Yeah I eat a lot. lol

not doing any cardio right now, maybe 20 minutes pwo.

Quote Originally Posted by Klimax View Post
    Like i said in another thread that bulking diet is simply ridicolous. Eat half the proteins you're eating and 500g of carbs and you gain like crazy.
    It is ridiculous, but that is not the point. I was lower, then I upped it until I made gains. I upped my food intake until this was what I was eating and after weeks of no gains I just started eating when I want. Coincidentally I eat about the same amount... just a little different. Still WAAAAAAYYYY over my tdee though. SO maybe I need to put some different combinations in there? I stay the same weight whether I eat maintenance or 1k over. same weight

Quote Originally Posted by **TOP** View Post
    Twist, havent i read somewhere that you are on TRT? When was the last time you had blood panels? Another thing is your protein is really high! Arent you like 165lbs? And you have written 4 meals whats the others?

I am on trt and get blood drawn about once a month. beginning of november was the last time and I was in the 800 region. I stay in the 800 area.

I am ONLY 165LBS!! Actually 162 today....

The last four used to be blended into a big tupperware and eaten all through night class. If I am not at night class I don't have to blend my foods. I usually just eat 2 steaks of buffalo or such and a whole bundle of asparagus along with efa caps at every meal (so that meal three times per night)

way over my tdee, so why no weight gain?
    Last edited by Twist; 11-22-2009 at 06:36 PM.

Hey twist, if in fact you are eating this much and not gaining,or loosing in your case, you may need to seek an ENDOCRINOLOGIST. How old are you and did they ever find a reason for such low test at a young age? It sounds as if something was possibly wrong from the get-go. If someone else were to tell you this problem you would say one of two things#1 hes lying and not eating what he says hes eating.#2 There is something wrong with this individual that diet cannot help and needs to seek an Internal med doc or an endo out. Twist i would love to say i know what your problem is and tweek your diet,but the fact remains that i dont understand what is going on in your body to make it do such a thing.But the red flag that jumps out at me is that you are on TRT and that can effect other things itself,now the question is,is there something else your body is not properly responding to for this to happen.This is what bothers me.Make an appt with an ENDO and keep us posted.Good luck my friend............TOP

I do monthly endo appointments. Found nothing else... Idk what else I can do. I look good so I am happy, just kinda wondering if there is more I can do. Oh well. thanks for the responses

Klimax is offline Member
    t is ridiculous, but that is not the point. I was lower, then I upped it until I made gains. I upped my food intake until this was what I was eating and after weeks of no gains I just started eating when I want. Coincidentally I eat about the same amount... just a little different. Still WAAAAAAYYYY over my tdee though. SO maybe I need to put some different combinations in there? I stay the same weight whether I eat maintenance or 1k over. same weight

Yes, but why did you increaser only proteins?
    Too many proteins decrease also test production. I really don't understand why you're eating so many proteins and so few carbs, if you're trying to bulk. Try to do what i said and you'll begin to gain again.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    What's your training look like Twist?

High volume? Low Volume?
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Yes, but why did you increaser only proteins?
    Too many proteins decrease also test production. I really don't understand why you're eating so many proteins and so few carbs, if you're trying to bulk. Try to do what i said and you'll begin to gain again.
    I am not really trying to bulk or anything like stated above, I just like to eat a lot. why do you think that I can lower the amounts I eat and that will cause me to gain? I have eaten 500kcals over, then I raised it to 600, then 700, then just as much as I can eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos View Post
    What's your training look like Twist?

High volume? Low Volume?
    I change my training every 2 months or so. right now it's low volume.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    I am not really trying to bulk or anything like stated above, I just like to eat a lot. why do you think that I can lower the amounts I eat and that will cause me to gain? I have eaten 500kcals over, then I raised it to 600, then 700, then just as much as I can eat.
    Because I'd fathom that a good deal of what you're eating (protein-wise) isn't being utilized. You'd be better off eating more carbs and less protein IMO.

I'm about 40 lbs heavier than you are right now, and I don't take that much protein. Heck, my protein is probably half of that amount. My carb intake is 3 times (most days) the amount you're taking in.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    You might want to have your thyroid checked??????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tboney View Post
    Good suggestion.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    Good suggestion.
    Thanks Nark!!! I hope all is well with you!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Nark!!! I hope all is well with you!
    I'm cool mate. Hope all is well with you and yours as well.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

His ENDO "should" have done this already.

Klimax is offline Member
    why do you think that I can lower the amounts I eat and that will cause me to gain?
    I didn't say to drop kals, but to drop proteins and raise carbs.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Like others have said, lower your protein slightly and raise your carb intake. If you are worried about fat gain taper off the carbs at night...so stuff your face w/ carbs throught the day and PWO, and then go pro/fat for your last meal or even your last 2 meals.

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    workout
    pwo and other meals #’s 4-6 or 7
    the following is put into a blender except blueberries which are eaten separately pwo
    chicken 1.5 lbs 209.3p 0.0c 24.1f = 1,113
    sweet potato 1.5lbs 13.7p 140.9c 1.0f = 612
    Blueberries 1 cup(PWO) 1.1p 21c .5f = 83
    274.9grams protein
    161.9grams carbs
    36.9grams fat
    2,127calories
    Dude, are you serious? A steak and potato shake. WTF? Am I reading this right...?

Because I'd fathom that a good deal of what you're eating (protein-wise) isn't being utilized. You'd be better off eating more carbs and less protein IMO.

I'm about 40 lbs heavier than you are right now, and I don't take that much protein. Heck, my protein is probably half of that amount. My carb intake is 3 times (most days) the amount you're taking in.
    I am well aware that most likely my body does not get even 1/4 of what I put into it. I can eat cake and shit all day and not get fat. but I can get sloppy looking. I like to keep my bf low unless I am bulking and since it takes a shit ton of food to bulk I am just sticking with where I am at. But it is hard to believe that I can eat all that and not gain weight. It makes me think I am not eating in the right combinations and am maybe neglecting things like antioxidants and other things I may not have even heard of.

I believe I already did sir. (not 100% because I have taken so many damn tests...)

I didn't say to drop kals, but to drop proteins and raise carbs.
    I can deal with eating more carbs than I need and only getting say 1/2 of the carbs I put into my body, but I can't afford to do that with protein. If I do not digest food properly in the sense that I don't derive the full potential of nutrients, I want to have a constant influx of slow digesting proteins. Plus I love the way it tastes. I love steak. breakfast today was two ny strips and 6 full eggs, efa, and oats! delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by yungone501 View Post
    Dude, are you serious? A steak and potato shake. WTF? Am I reading this right...?

Do what you have to do.

worth noting that if I eat almost no carbs I can maintain the same weight... Idk if that means anything. Maybe I just don't digest protein well? used to have a kidney problem that caused me to leak protein while standing but not while lying down. I fixed that with hgh though (tested and proved) so unless it came back I should be ok. I believe that is called proteinuria. or oste something. idk it was years ago.

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Twist;4960393]

Do what you have to do. I done did do it.
    QUOTE]

Klimax is offline Member
    It makes me think I am not eating in the right combinations and am maybe neglecting things like antioxidants and other things I may not have even heard of.
    How should i tell you? You forgot carbs. Why not try this way?

mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    that tdee sounds a little low--aint done the numbers---im 156lbs and my tdee is higher than that--unless by low volume u mean 1-2 times a week

How should i tell you? You forgot carbs. Why not try this way?
    I have tried it that way 40/40/20 then just kept upping. I have already started upping my carbs so we will see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by mg1228 View Post
    that tdee sounds a little low--aint done the numbers---im 156lbs and my tdee is higher than that--unless by low volume u mean 1-2 times a week
    My tdee is not 3500 anyway so it doesn't really matter. I find tdee is off anyway and I just find how much food my body needs before I start to lose weight and that is what I use as my tdee.

Klimax is offline Member
    If your goal is bulking i would try a 50 carbs 30 pro 20 fat split. The 40 40 20 if used in bulking forces to eat to many proteins imo.
    Keep us updated, bro.

If your goal is bulking i would try a 50 carbs 30 pro 20 fat split. The 40 40 20 if used in bulking forces to eat to many proteins imo.
    Keep us updated, bro.
    I am assuming that my body does not properly absorb all that I put into it. so I assume I don't get 3-400 calories.

Klimax is offline Member
    I heard that 25% of the enrgy by proteins is wasted because of thermogenesis.
    You could also check if you have intollerance for some kind of food.

I heard that 25% of the enrgy by proteins is wasted because of thermogenesis.
    You could also check if you have intollerance for some kind of food.
    I did. thanks for all the help guys. I appreciate it. interesting about this protein. I assume my body does not absorb protein well. To run all the tests I want to is way too expensive. I wish I was riiiiiiiccchhhh

Blog Entries
    ^^The cheapest 'test' would be to change your diet mate.

Process of elimination.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

^^The cheapest 'test' would be to change your diet mate.

Process of elimination.
    I already did. but you guys are forgetting that my diet was already different. I am just changing it back. I only upped all my values because I was not gaining, in the process the portions became distorted. I can tell you that although I cannot add weight I can manipulate the way my muscles look. like better bicep peak and all that. but no weight gain like I should be getting.

this was my old diet from about 6 months ago. I am 5lbs lighter but look better. I could eat this and not lose weight.
    Protein shake

Meal 1
    Egg whites 48g protein, 8g carbs, 0g fat
    Mild cheddar Cheese 14g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fat

Meal 2
    7oz chicken 45g protein, 0g carbs, 23g fat
    Peas 2cups 16g protein, 42g carbs, 1g fat
    *****-3 and efa here

Meal 3
    8oz steak (filet mignon) 62g protein, 0g carbs, 34g fat (way less I am guessing)
    Brown Rice 1 cup 5g protein, 44g carbs, 2g fat

Workout - when doing pwo cardio there will be a 40g protein shake consumed along with bcaa, no carbs and no fat.

Meal 4 PWO
    Cod Fish 23gprotein, 3g carbs, 8g fat
    White Rice 1 cup 4g protein, 44g carbs, 1g fat (less)
    Chobani Yogurt 18g protein, 7g carbs, 0g fat
    Efa and O-3

Meal 4
    Cod Fish 23gprotein, 3g carbs, 8g fat
    Add something here?

Meal 5 (last)
    8oz steak (filet mignon) 62g protein, 0g carbs, 34g fat (way less I am guessing)

Total: 320g protein, 152g carbs, 111g fat = 583
    Calorie Total: 1,280 p, 608 c, 999 f = 2,887 calories (not including protein shakes and any snacks)
    44%p, 21%c, 34%f

50% carbs seems really high to me. I will do it if there is a consensus that it is a good idea. Not that I don't trust you Klimax, just want other opinions or some reassurance. so please nark and all do you agree?

Thread Information