POPS is offline Senior Member

Critique diet please!!

hello! Just wondering if you could give me a little tweakin if necessary on my diet. Im 5'7 39, 186 and cutting to lose bf....My tdee is @2900 so I have my cals around 2200 depending on a few snacks here and there. Cardio is pwo for 45 min x 6 days/week. Heres my diet:

MEAL 1 - WHEY SHAKE W/OATS, MULTI, VITAMIN C, TRIPLE *****S, L-ARGININE/L-ORNITHINE, 1 CAP KRE-ALKILYN CREATINE

MEAL 2 – 1 SERVING OF TURKEY CHILI, 1 CAP FISH OIL

MEAL 3 – 1 SERVING OF TURKEY CHILI, 1 CAP FISH OIL

PRE-WORKOUT – 1 CAP KRE-ALKILYN CREATINE, 2 CAPS L-ARGININE/L-ORNITHINE

TRAINING/PWO CARDIO

POST-WORKOUT – BCAA’S, 1 CAP KRE-ALKILYN CREATINE

30 MIN LATER – PWO SHAKE ( WHEY PROTEIN ) WITH OATS

MEAL 4 – LEAN STEAK, CHICKEN, FISH OF TURKER BURGERS WITH EITHER A SALAD, STEAMED VEGGIES, OR SWEET POTATOE

BEFORE BED – CASEIN SHAKE, 1 CAP FISH OIL

I know the first thing youre going to say is less shakes and more real food. I understand 100% but I just added extra shifts at work and Im running against the clock so I need to eat and go go go!

Thanks in advance....
    Last edited by POPS; 10-20-2009 at 07:10 PM.

Bump.....

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    why are you starting with your cals so low? when I cut I like to keep cals relatively high and let cardio create the caloric deficiency.

That way you have something to pull from when fat loss stalls.

how far apart are your meals?

what the hell is in turkey chili?

why no carbs pwo?

Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    why are you starting with your cals so low? when I cut I like to keep cals relatively high and let cardio create the caloric deficiency.

That way you have something to pull from when fat loss stalls.

how far apart are your meals?

what the hell is in turkey chili?

why no carbs pwo?
    I read that dropping your cals by 500 when cutting is a base to start and go from there. My meals are roughly 2-3 hrs apart. My chili is just like regular tky, but I make it with ground turkey and no beans and a lot of spices. Its actually really good! Plus it works with my macros. Good cals, fats and protein. I was chatting up with C Bino and he gave me the idea of bcaas pwo not mixed with whey. Then about 30min later I have my shake/oats ppwo on lifting days. Followed by regular meals. On cardio only days ( today ) Ill go with very little carbs and have pro/fat most of the day. These are a few tips I have gotten from Bino recently...

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by popsinc View Post
    I read that dropping your cals by 500 when cutting is a base to start and go from there. My meals are roughly 2-3 hrs apart. My chili is just like regular tky, but I make it with ground turkey and no beans and a lot of spices. Its actually really good! Plus it works with my macros. Good cals, fats and protein. I was chatting up with C Bino and he gave me the idea of bcaas pwo not mixed with whey. Then about 30min later I have my shake/oats ppwo on lifting days. Followed by regular meals. On cardio only days ( today ) Ill go with very little carbs and have pro/fat most of the day. These are a few tips I have gotten from Bino recently...
    well, everyone will have different philosophies. I prefer to keep cals higher when I start cutting. But whatever works for you. When you hit a wall, what are you going to do, though? drop your cals to 2000?

If your meals are 2-3 hrs apart (which is fine) I don't see why you're only getting in 5 meals a day.

What's the fat content of your turkey chili? I get lean ground turkey that has the same fat content as chicken.

overall, it looks like you're trying to go low carb, but aren't getting enough fats. If you want to go low carb, fine. But I just don't see how you're getting enough fat for an energy source.

Also, you could add eggs/egg whites in meal one. And try to get some real food pre-bed. Everyone seems convinced they have to have a cassien shake before bed. lol.

I agree on the bcaas pwo. I do that too, but you didn't say anything about oats pwo, that's why I asked.

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    well, everyone will have different philosophies. I prefer to keep cals higher when I start cutting. But whatever works for you. When you hit a wall, what are you going to do, though? drop your cals to 2000?
    If your meals are 2-3 hrs apart (which is fine) I don't see why you're only getting in 5 meals a day.

What's the fat content of your turkey chili? I get lean ground turkey that has the same fat content as chicken.

overall, it looks like you're trying to go low carb, but aren't getting enough fats. If you want to go low carb, fine. But I just don't see how you're getting enough fat for an energy source.

Also, you could add eggs/egg whites in meal one. And try to get some real food pre-bed. Everyone seems convinced they have to have a cassien shake before bed. lol.

I agree on the bcaas pwo. I do that too, but you didn't say anything about oats pwo, that's why I asked.
    Agreed thats also why i tell people to stay away from fat burners until they have plateaued!!!!! Its like walking down stairs you take one step at a time, you dont jump from the 20th stair!!

Thanks for the advice. Ill do this for a few weeks and see what happens. And I have the fat content figured for 1 serving of chili at 8grams. My total fat intake per day not including any fish oil is around 44g/day....what do you guys suggest for daily fat intake? I could easilly throw in some almonds and snack on them throughout the day..

Yashp is offline Junior Member
    What argument did your friend have for taking the whey 30 mins after the workout, instead of straight away?

Quote Originally Posted by Yashp View Post
    What argument did your friend have for taking the whey 30 mins after the workout, instead of straight away?
    Not really an argument. Just going to try his theory for a while to see what happens. Bcaa's immediately after training and pwo shake 30 min later....

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    your fats should be up in the 20% range. Thats what i have learned since i joined here. And today im at 87.6 grams from 2800 cals. Thats 25% of my macros.

Just my opion thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by goode80 View Post
    your fats should be up in the 20% range. Thats what i have learned since i joined here. And today im at 87.6 grams from 2800 cals. Thats 25% of my macros.

Just my opion thats all.
    according to my diet my macros is as follows : 51pro/29carbs/20fats. I only go next to no carbs on Tuesday, which is cardio only then go back to normal Wednesday..

Thread Information