rookie28 is offline Junior Member

PWO nutrition for cutting

I already asked this question in someone else's thread but I'm starting a new thread cause I didn't want to hijack it. What should be my PWO nutriton if I'm cutting and I always do 30min cardio after my lifting routine and then I take my PWO shake? It's the only thing I'm not able to understand in my diet because there are so many different opinions. The rest is perfect because I'm always learning in this forum.

Pro/complex carbs?
    Pro/simple carbs?
    Pro/fat? (remember that my cardio is done after lifting)

ectomorph28 is offline Associate Member
    I'd try to separate lifting and cardio because after cardio I usually do a pro/fat combination.

After lifting, I get some carbs in but not too much.

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rookie28 View Post
    I already asked this question in someone else's thread but I'm starting a new thread cause I didn't want to hijack it. What should be my PWO nutriton if I'm cutting and I always do 30min cardio after my lifting routine and then I take my PWO shake? It's the only thing I'm not able to understand in my diet because there are so many different opinions. The rest is perfect because I'm always learning in this forum.

Pro/complex carbs?
    Pro/simple carbs?
    Pro/fat? (remember that my cardio is done after lifting)

rookie28 is offline Junior Member
    topherhinton, thanks for your answer but I would like to know why a lot of people say it's bad for the muscles if I don't take any carbs after lifting and that should be even worst after lifting and cardio combined. thank you

Klimax is offline Member
    Imo the powo nutrition should depend from the cutting diet you've chosen. If you're doing a keto, avoid carbs; if you're doing a low carb have complex carbs at breakfast and postwo.

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rookie28 View Post
    topherhinton, thanks for your answer but I would like to know why a lot of people say it's bad for the muscles if I don't take any carbs after lifting and that should be even worst after lifting and cardio combined. thank you
    Its actually been proven counter productive to have pwo carbs. You will need to make your own dicision!When i cut i dont have pwo carbs period. Read this post i started a while back just click the link and then the first one in the thread. The guy that wrote this is world renowned!! ROBERT DE PASQUALE

Possibly a new take on post workout nutrition

Thread Information