woody86 is offline New Member

Help me gain more mass

Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 155
    BF: 14%

I am trying to add more natural mass before taking the leap to aas. Let me know what you think of the diet. Any criticism is appreciated.

Meal 1: 8 egg whites, 2 packs instant oatmeal, banana,and glass of orange juice

Meal 2: 24g protein shake (if you consider this a meal)

Meal 3: whole grain rice with shrimp, steam veggies, and fruit

Meal 4: real mass weight gainer

Pre-work out: Creatine, pre workout spike with NO and 24g protein shake

Post work out: Creatine, protein shake

Meal 5: Salmon, veggies, dirty rice

Meal 6: 1 can tuna, few whole grain crackers

Bedtime: 24g protein shake, fish oil, BCAA's

That is the meal plan that I have for today. Not sure if you count the protein shakes or the real mass weight gainer as a meal. I know that this is probally a horrible diet. Not much that I can do during the day since I get what the galley serves. Let me know what you think.

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    IMO i wouldnt say you needed to add more mass, you claim

I assume you are looking for a bulking diet? I wouldnt recommend a bulking diet,you dont need more mass you need to try to get the bf to come down a bit especially if you are wanting to start AAS. As for your diet i would loose the oj and banana in the am also you dont have many fats mixed into the diet.
    your tdee is between 2200-2700 assuming you have moderate daily activities but only you can adjust that so find out for sure what your tdee is. After that a diet can be worked more thoroughly....TOP
    Last edited by **TOP**; 11-23-2009 at 08:59 PM.

We need your activity level. As in how many days a week do you exercise? How phisical is your job? Etc. And the times of your meals more or less to see if you are eating frequent enough. As far as your diet I could say right now you have 3 shakes you should sub at least one of them for a real meal and definetly lose the orange juice it's just empty cals. Drink plenty of water instead.

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woody86 View Post

I am trying to add more natural mass before taking the leap to aas. Let me know what you think of the diet. Any criticism is appreciated.

That is the meal plan that I have for today. Not sure if you count the protein shakes or the real mass weight gainer as a meal. I know that this is probally a horrible diet. Not much that I can do during the day since I get what the galley serves. Let me know what you think.
    Im with TOP on this one. Your BF is way too high for AAS and you'll need to clean your diet up to shed some fat and gain some QUALITY mass. Throw out the instant (sugar dense) oatmeal, banana, and OJ for starters in your 1st meal. There's alot of unnecassary sugars there that do nothing for your BF. Also, like they say here: Drop the shake grab a steak. Mass gainers are really bad for losing BF and building that lean muscle. Add another meal there, especially being the meal before your workout. Steak and (sweet) potato that shit bro! Everything else seems decent but you must, as suggested, find your required caloric intake and adjust diet accordingly. You will be happy with these changes and might even gain enough to eliminate the need (or want) for AAS. Good luck my man.

Thanks TOP for correcting me, yes i am looking for a bulking diet. My tdee is 2473.

I have a pretty active day most of the time. I am normally carrying things, lifting equipment and I climb a ton of stairs. Also, I have a 5 day split workout with 2 days of cardio. I understand that my BF is high right now. I am trying to put on more muscle and size during the winter and slim back down for summer.

Ok so I need to loose the oatmeal for breakfast, add a meal instead of a shake and drop the weight gainer. So what would you suggest for breakfast? What about the rest of the day?

PC650 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yungone501 View Post
    Im with TOP on this one. Your BF is way too high for AAS and you'll need to clean your diet up to shed some fat and gain some QUALITY mass. Throw out the instant (sugar dense) oatmeal, banana, and OJ for starters in your 1st meal. There's alot of unnecassary sugars there that do nothing for your BF. Also, like they say here: Drop the shake grab a steak. Mass gainers are really bad for losing BF and building that lean muscle. Add another meal there, especially being the meal before your workout. Steak and (sweet) potato that shit bro! Everything else seems decent but you must, as suggested, find your required caloric intake and adjust diet accordingly. You will be happy with these changes and might even gain enough to eliminate the need (or want) for AAS. Good luck my man.
    14% is not too high for aas , you obviously havent use before or just got wrong info somewhere.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PC650 View Post
    14% is not too high for aas , you obviously havent use before or just got wrong info somewhere.
    x2 but the diet needs work. Gimme a minute here.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member

Meal 1: 8 egg whites, 2 packs instant oatmeal, banana,and glass of orange juice Do a cup of real oats w/ water and use a no cal sweetener like splenda. Skip the banana and OJ, add a couple scoops of some nut butter or feel free to have 2-3 whole eggs also.

Meal 2: 24g protein shake (if you consider this a meal) It's a meal but a poor choice for one. Have a lean protein/complex carb/fat/veg. I always like a sandwich for my 2nd meal, I usually do ezekiel bread w/ baby spinach, roasted tomatoes, grilled chicken, a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and a good bit of EVOO for example. Works well w/ tuna too!

Meal 3: whole grain rice with shrimp, steam veggies, and fruit Skip the fruit, it will not help you here. Also, shrimp is a delicious pro source but you should be shooting for 40g per serving - know that 4 oz. of cooked shrimp has 18 grams or so. Don't waste meals if you're only having a few.

Meal 4: real mass weight gainer Probly lots of sugar in this. Post the nutritional info if you would, most weight gainers are pretty bad imo.

Pre-work out: Creatine, pre workout spike with NO and 24g protein shake assuming this meal comes 2 hours or more after meal 4 - it needs to contain a complex carb. Save the whey for PWO only and have a real meal!

Post work out: Creatine, protein shake make sure you get at least 40g of pro here, 100% anabolic state.

Meal 5: Salmon, veggies, dirty rice My recipe for dirty rice is tasty but poisonous! Not part of a quality BB diet. Pork fat, white rice, tons of creole style seasoning, chunks of fatty pro. Just no. Maybe you can make it w/ soy sausage and brown rice or something /gag.

Meal 6: 1 can tuna, few whole grain crackers I'd skip the crackers, have a serving of fat via EVOO or nuts w/ your tuna.

Bedtime: 24g protein shake, fish oil, BCAA's Get some casein shakage or other source of caseinate pro like cottage cheese. You need to feed your body w/ a slow digesting pro as you sleep.

Missing a lot of vital info, I'm sure you'll get it posted soon enough. I know diets are circumstantial but if you can make the above changes, you'll be exponentially better off.

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    If so I apologize for misinforming. Im around 8% and its just hard for me to imagine 14% I guess. Sorry.

Amt Per Serving % Daily Value*
    Calories 620
    Calories From Fat 108
    Total Fat 12g 6%
    Saturated Fat 4g 2%
    Trans Fat 0 0%
    Cholesterol 100mg 33%
    Sodium 260mg 10%
    Potassium 400mg 11%
    Total Carbohydrate 78g 26%
    Dietary Fiber 6g 24%
    Sugars 14g **
    Protein 50g 100%
    Vitamin A 4500IU 90%
    Thiamin 1.5mg 100%
    Vitamin C 60mg 100%
    Vitamin D 350IU 88%
    Vitamin E 18IU 60%
    Vitamin K 80mcg 100%
    Calcium 250mg 25%
    † Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
    ** Daily Value not established
    REAL MASS™ Proprietary Skeletal Muscle & Body Weight Blend 133.26g
    Myofusion Athlete’s Edge Complete Protein Blend (Cross-Flow, Cold Infused Whey Protein Concentrate, Cross-Flow, Cold Infused, Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate, Egg Albumin, MilkProtein Isolate, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine).
    Instant Hypertrophy Matrix (Maltodextrin, Palatinose, Trehalose, Fibersol (Soluble Fiber Glucose Polymer Complex), Dextran, 4-Hydroxyisoleucine)
    RM Pro-Compliance Lipid Complex [Cold-Processed Sunflower Oil Powder, CLA (Micro-Encapsulated Conjugated Linoleic Acid), Cold-Processed Flax Seed Oil Powder]
    GaspariZyme™ [Lactase (Lactose Reduce Enzyme), Protease], Bromelain, Amylase, Cellulase And Hemicellulase.
    Other Ingredients:
    Nonfat Dry Milk, Cocoa Powder, Rich Mix® (Sunflower Oil, Corn Syrup Solids, Calcium Caseinate, Mono-Glycerides, Di-Glycerides, Di-Potassium Phosphate), Natural And Artificial Flavors, Vitamin And Mineral Blend Consisting Of Vitamin A Palmitate, Beta Carotene, Ascorbic Acid, Cholecalciferol, DL-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Orthophophate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Potassium Iodide, Magnesium Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Sodium Selenite, Manganese Sulfate, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Choline Bitartrate), Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum, Ace-K, Sucralose.
    Allergen Warning:
    Contains ingredients from milk and egg. Made in a plant that also processes egg, soy, peanut, tree, nut, fish, crustaceans/shellfish, and wheat products.

Sorry it took so long to get back. here is the info from the real mass weight gainer.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    I disagree. He is not 200lbs at 14% bf, he is 155lbs. he is not a big guy. He is short but still has like 20lbs of fat. If he bulks he will gain more fat. Not a good idea IMO. No reason to ever go above 15%bf.

get rid of the shakes and add real food. only shake should be pwo - if even that. eat real food

I would love to have the option to eat real food. But during the day I am not able to leave my compound. That is the reason that I have so many shakes. Also, I dont have a place to put my food if I packed it.

Twist, your correct. I am not a big guy at all. Right now I dont care if I put on a little more weight. I loose weight pretty quickly when start my cutting phase.

I think that I am at a point I am not going to get any bigger naturally. That the reason I am looking for some help with my diet. Just want to make sure that I wont be making a mistake if I choose aas.

diet will make you look great my friend. If you are at your natural potential (not likely but possible) then get there and be at a good bf% and you will look ripped so when you add aas, you will really progress. anyway aas or not you need to get this diet worked out for the cycle anyway, so just get the diet down, run it for a couple months, then decide (we can go more in depth in this matter if you want, but there are many reasons to get your body into the best position before cycle). the shakes are probably your problem.
    do you have a fridge for a drink?
    I find it hard to believe you can't eat at all. Try jerky. lean protein and slow digesting. also anything can be made into a drink. all you get out of that shake shit is the sugar.

Never said that I could not eat at all. We get 2 meals while I am at work 6 a.m. and 11:30. That is the only time I get to eat. No I do not have anywhere to store food. I put protein in a shaker before work and then add water when I go to drink it.

My protein shake only has 1g of sugar. The only thing that has a lot of sugar is the weight gainer. But I have cut that out.

I would like to go into the diet a little deeper. I have never really studied dieting. I just know what works for me when cutting. Now I want to gain mass and I am a little confused on what to eat and when.

Never said that I could not eat at all. We get 2 meals while I am at work 6 a.m. and 11:30. That is the only time I get to eat. No I do not have anywhere to store food. I put protein in a shaker before work and then add water when I go to drink it.

My protein shake only has 1g of sugar. The only thing that has a lot of sugar is the weight gainer. But I have cut that out.

I would like to go into the diet a little deeper. I have never really studied dieting. I just know what works for me when cutting. Now I want to gain mass and I am a little confused on what to eat and when.
    You will go about gaining mass better by getting a good diet worked out and that way we can target your bf and support all muscle growth. this will help you keep what you have, if not gain muscle, and lose fat. but first we need to figure out this work thing because It is probably the issue. you must store your shaker somewhere, where? can it be refrigerated?

Shaker is stored in a locker. Power does not have to be in a refridge. I could make a small lunch box fit but that is about it.

ok so you have a locker? tuna and mayo premixed? jerky? cold chicken bites? I eat cold food constantly. make a small salad of green veggies, chicken diced up, ital dressing or balsamic or something and shovel it down. what is your job and the hours?

gym session brb to answer

PC650 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    I disagree. He is not 200lbs at 14% bf, he is 155lbs. he is not a big guy. He is short but still has like 20lbs of fat. If he bulks he will gain more fat. Not a good idea IMO. No reason to ever go above 15%bf.
    i disagree!! 5'4 at 155 is not fat i dont know what you think is fat is?

i disagree!! 5'4 at 155 is not fat i dont know what you think is fat is?
    I am not saying he is fat, just saying he can get better. 14 is borderline and if looking good is the goal and not just being higher in numbers on the scale, then get that bf down.

most peoples goals are to get girls and look better naked. Either way, in this situation, cut first - rather more of maintain but focus on fat burning to keep bf down and create carb sensitivity.

I realize that I need to lower my BF but I am also trying to gain more muscle. Like I said i have never studied diets so I thought that you had to and body weight to produce more muscle. Guess I was wrong for assuming that. Not saying that i needed to get fat to gain muscle just needed more calorie intake and more carbs and pro. Oh I could care less about picking up girls im married. Sometimes I wished I could go back to picking up girls. Wait did I said that?

Yea I do have a locker, but I dont think that i could pack 2 or 3 meals and make it fit. I work for a government contractor from 6 am to 6pm.

I realize that I need to lower my BF but I am also trying to gain more muscle. Like I said i have never studied diets so I thought that you had to and body weight to produce more muscle. Guess I was wrong for assuming that. Not saying that i needed to get fat to gain muscle just needed more calorie intake and more carbs and pro. Oh I could care less about picking up girls im married. Sometimes I wished I could go back to picking up girls. Wait did I said that?

Yea I do have a locker, but I dont think that i could pack 2 or 3 meals and make it fit. I work for a government contractor from 6 am to 6pm.
    How about this. one tupperware or even better the same shaker you used for protein mix, two or three cans of tuna, and some light mayo. put it in there and eat it with a spoon whenever you get a chance? pro/fat meals right there. this same thing can be applied to other meals. I blend sweet potatoes and chicken and it works out nicely.

rewrite your diet including the times and next to the meal # right (at work) if it is when you will be working.

PS. everyone wants to be able to pick up girls, whether you act on it is a different story.

oscarjones is offline Banned
    Shrimp can affect cholesterol levels in a negative way, I'd suggest tilapia or salmon or another fish source.

meal 10515: 6 egg whites 2 whole eggs, 1 cup oatmeal
    meal 2 0800(work): Nuts, 1 can tuna with EVOO, 2 slices wheat bread
    meal 3 1115(work): salmon, brown rice, carrots, green beans
    meal 4 1400(work): Nuts, 1 can tuna with EVOO
    meal 5 1730: Creatine, pre workout spike with NO
    meal 6 1900-1930: 2 scoops protein 24g each, creatine
    meal 7 2000: chicken breast, corn, broccoli, sweet potato

I dont really get a chance for a pre-work out meal. I eat at 1400 and then work out as soon as I get home about 1745. Should I add something before the work out?
    Here is the meals that I have planned out for today.
    Twist I took your advice and took some tuna and nuts to work. Thanks for the advice

One more thing, I put about a teaspoon on EVOO on both servings of tuna, is that good or bad?
    Last edited by woody86; 12-01-2009 at 04:00 PM.

meal 10515????: 6 egg whites 2 whole eggs, 1 cup oatmeal
    ****OK
    meal 2 0800(work): Nuts, 1 can tuna with EVOO, 2 slices wheat bread
    ****no wheat bread, two cans tuna.

meal 3 1115(work): salmon, brown rice, carrots, green beans
    ****try to make this meal a meal with something that takes longer to digest like red meat (ground is good, doesn't have to be steak), chicken is better than fish. Omit brown rice and carrots and eat more green beans to compensate

meal 4 1400(work): Nuts, 1 can tuna with EVOO
    ****2 cans tuna

meal 5 1730: Creatine, pre workout spike with NO
    ****meal here^

meal 6 1900-1930: 2 scoops protein 24g each, creatine
    ****!!!This meal is 5 hours after your last one with a workout in between. and this is just a shake. we need to fix this. make it a real meal also. put sweet potato and fish in here.

meal 7 2000: chicken breast, corn, broccoli, sweet potato
    ****no corn and put sweet potato in meal before this and only eat broccoli if any carbs before bed.

I dont really get a chance for a pre-work out meal. I eat at 1400 and then work out as soon as I get home about 1745. Should I add something before the work out?
    ***YES
    Here is the meals that I have planned out for today.
    Twist I took your advice and took some tuna and nuts to work. Thanks for the advice
    One more thing, I put about a teaspoon on EVOO on both servings of tuna, is that good or bad?
    ****better than mayo
    ****look for the ****

Thanks for the input. I am going to have to do a lot of reading to figure out what to eat and when and why. Still not too sure what different food do for you during different times of the day. Just have not gotten the concept yet. Plus I have not gotten used to eating so much food in a day. Is there anything else that I should know that you can think of. Anyone else have some good info?

if you can hunt it, pick it, or grow it, eat it.
    you can apply that to things = steak can be hunted so eat it, bread cannot be picked, it has to be processed and stuff therefore it IMO is inferior.

if there is a long time before the next meal, eat a slow digesting protein. If it is after vigorous activity, you want something quick so use a fast digesting protein. carbs should always be complex, and fats should never be saturated or trans, and efa whenever possible.

oscarjones is offline Banned
    Yeah wheat breads and most other grains contain gliadin composites known as gluten which are fairly harmful proteins. They do a number on your digestive system. It's like glue.

Oats contain avenin which is similar in structure to gluten, however most people can tolerate it well enough.

Also, if you want some good healthy choices for complex carbs you could go with lentils, quinoa, sweet potatoes/yams, black beans and buckwheat. All are gluten free.
    Last edited by oscarjones; 12-01-2009 at 10:18 PM.

Thread Information