suprman09 is offline Associate Member

Keto, Low carb, Carb Cycle?

Hey guys,

I am starting to put together a cutting diet starting Monday. I have done Keto with good results, but was wondering how I should go about this. I really want to go on a cutting diet until the summer, and I know I can't stay on one particular cutting diet that long esp. keto. Should I do keto for 8-12 weeks and then switch it to low carb for 8-12 weeks and so on.

5'10
    Bf-18-20%

Keto- 300p(1200), 120f(1080), 40c(160)= 2440 cals
    Low carb- 300p(1200), 150 carb(600), 75f(675) = 2475

Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

Unoid is offline Member
    I consider low carb as less than 80g a day personally.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    I would do it like this:
    keto from 20%-17%BF
    medium carbs for three days to a week
    low carbs with refeed only after 2weeks of low carb
    then 1 refeed per week until your goals are met.
    I am also huge on using veggies (primarily asparagus or broccoli) as carb source in a good cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Unoid View Post
    I consider low carb as less than 80g a day personally.
    150 carbs seems high to me as well for low carb. Would you decrease carbs and increase fat? I don't want my cals too low.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    I would do it like this:
    keto from 20%-17%BF
    medium carbs for three days to a week
    low carbs with refeed only after 2weeks of low carb
    then 1 refeed per week until your goals are met.
    I am also huge on using veggies (primarily asparagus or broccoli) as carb source in a good cut.
    Thanks twist. I think I am going to give this a try. What do you consider low and medium carbs? I have some more questions to ask, but I will post them later since I am on my phone.

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Why not do keto mon-fri and allow sat and sun refeed days? This can, and has been, done year round,with proven benefits..TOP

Quote Originally Posted by **TOP** View Post
    Why not do keto mon-fri and allow sat and sun refeed days? This can, and has been, done year round,with proven benefits..TOP
    Thanks Top.

That does seem like something I can do until the summer. On the refeed days how many carbs do you think would be sufficient? I would use sources such as sweet potatoes, brown rice, and oats. Also, what do you think about my macros for keto:

300p=1200 cals
    120f= 1080 cals
    30c=120cals

Total of 2400 cals.

My TDEE is about 3200 so should I increase the cals by 200-300? Increase fat by about 25 grams?

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suprman09 View Post
    Thanks Top.

That does seem like something I can do until the summer. On the refeed days how many carbs do you think would be sufficient? I would use sources such as sweet potatoes, brown rice, and oats. Also, what do you think about my macros for keto:

300p=1200 cals
    120f= 1080 cals
    30c=120cals

Total of 2400 cals. add the 300 from fat!!
    My TDEE is about 3200 so should I increase the cals by 200-300? Increase fat by about 25 grams?Thank god! its nice dealing with someone thats done the work already good job!!
    As far as the glycogen supercompensation on the weekend goes there are a few theories one of which says to eat simple and taper to complex,one says stay with complex. Point is you have been using bodyfat as to fuel your workouts the whole week and the weekend you want to carb up to shuttle nutrients into the muscle cells,I would suggest dropping the ratio of your food to low protein high carbs and moderate fats for the weekend sticking with the same cals. I hope ive helped...TOP

Quote Originally Posted by **TOP** View Post
    As far as the glycogen supercompensation on the weekend goes there are a few theories one of which says to eat simple and taper to complex,one says stay with complex. Point is you have been using bodyfat as to fuel your workouts the whole week and the weekend you want to carb up to shuttle nutrients into the muscle cells,I would suggest dropping the ratio of your food to low protein high carbs and moderate fats for the weekend sticking with the same cals. I hope ive helped...TOP
    thanks top...i have been on keto a few days now...i aim for 50p/20-25f per meal. 6 meals a day. Two meals are shakes with nuts. I think I am going to skip carbs this weekend and start with the refeeds next weekend. I started cardio at 30 mins post workout. i will update this thread weekly or so. i am going to post my exact diet and pics soon.
    Last edited by suprman09; 12-03-2009 at 04:43 PM.

Thread Information