A7X
    A7X is offline Junior Member

Good Bulking diet for me?

I have read the bulking stickies and watched the videos. Here is what i have come up with, i was hopeing you guys would look it over and tell me what to change. My goals are to gain 10-15lbs of muscle (dont know how long that is suppose to take.) I lift 5 days a week one muscle a day and i am going to start doing major cardio at least 3 days a week and probley swimming the other 2 days. I am 20 years old and i weight about 163lb i have very low boby fat and its pretty hardfor me to gain weight i calculated my BMR around 1802.7 and i put my self in the very active area and got the number 3110(calories). Is that right? According to the videos i need to get any were between 1.5-2grams of protien per pound so i went with 2grams according to that i need about 320grams a day and the video said anywere between 300-500grams of carbs i went with 450 and no more than 100g of fat a day. U guys still with me? I wanted to eat 6 times a day but i think im going to try for 8 times a day.
    Meal

1. Protein - 40g ; Complex Carb 56g ; Fat 0g (besides whats inthe other food)
    2. " " ; Fiber Carb 56g???
    3. " " ; Complex Carb 56g
    Work out
    4. " " ; Simple Carb 56g i know this is supposed to be a PWO how do i make it a good PWO meal?
    5. " " ; CPC 56g
    6. " " Fiber Carb 56g
    7. " " Fiber Carb 56g
    8. " " Fiber carb 56g

Will that work at all or to many carb? to many fiber carbs? not enghf fats? (i assumded i would get all the fats i needed from the meats; besides ***** 3 and 6) I want to chage the type of protien meat almost every meal. I was thinking Whey protien for PWO and maybe one or 2 more protien drinks for a few meals. And how can i get a list of Fiber Carbs and Complex and simple?
    if i need to adjust stuff and repost just let meknow and ill do more reaserch.
    thank you

dangerous dan is offline Anabolic Member
    how is anyone ment to work out that diet of yours? wheres the protein? the fats?

A7X
    Im trying to do 40grams of protein every meal... meal 1 being egg whites meal 2 somthing like chicken... meal 3 like fish... ect... according to the videos if i eat beef chicken ect it will have all the fats i need in them... or do i want to have some meals with good amounts of fat in them? all i dont nessicaly want a body building diet... just somthing i can gain some lean muscle on.

POPS is offline Senior Member
    you have to get a little more detailed here. What are your carb choices? Also you have no fats. You need atleast 40-80g of fats per day. And 5 days of cardio and trying to put on 10-15lb of muscle?

Try using fitday and get back to us on some solid meals and numbers....

A7X
    i have been looking at fitday and googled some info heres what i got.

Meal
    1. 6 Egg Whites 1 cup oatmeal mixed with a little whey protein
    2. 6oz of chicken with celery and carrots
    3. Whey Protein w/ Rice
    4. Whey Protein w/ Fruits
    5. Fish w/ Potatos
    6. Beef w/ Broccli
    7. Turkey w/ (Some Type of Fat??)
    8. Whey Protien

I am really new at this.... will that work at all?? i want around 320g of protein and 375-450g of Carbs and a max of 100g of fat...
    If i cant do 5 days of cardio how many should i do??
    Last edited by A7X; 12-13-2009 at 04:25 PM.

Klimax is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A7X View Post
    i have been looking at fitday and googled some info heres what i got.

Meal
    1. 6 Egg Whites 1 cup oatmeal mixed with a little whey protein
    2. 6oz of chicken with celery and carrots
    3. Whey Protein w/ Brown rice
    4. Whey Protein w/ White rice
    5. Fish w/ Potatos
    6. Beef w/ Broccli Add fats
    7. Turkey w/ (Some Type of Fat??) Yes
    8. Casein Protien Add fats

I am really new at this.... will that work at all?? i want around 320g of protein and 375-450g of Carbs and a max of 100g of fat...
    If i cant do 5 days of cardio how many should i do??
    Take some fish oil as fat source.

A7X
    How many grams of fat? Are fish oil pills alright or should i get like flaxseed oil?
    Thanks for all the help

Klimax is offline Member
    Try with 10g of fish oil, but it would be better to see a real diet in order to tell you.

Thread Information