xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member

Cup of OATS!!!!!

Man i'm so sick of oats, I want to ban them from my diet. I can handle the ones I put in my pwo shake but as far as my morning meal, I don't think I can stand eating another full ass bowl of them.

I do the pancake thing from time to time, but what are some other good morning carbs I can switch with oats until I get over this?

I really like the kashi high pro almond flax cerial but how good of a carb source is this?

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    i only settle for oatmeal pancakes... im fieniding them so bad right now on keto

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by xnotoriousx View Post
    Man i'm so sick of oats, I want to ban them from my diet. I can handle the ones I put in my pwo shake but as far as my morning meal, I don't think I can stand eating another full ass bowl of them.

I do the pancake thing from time to time, but what are some other good morning carbs I can switch with oats until I get over this?

I really like the kashi high pro almond flax cerial but how good of a carb source is this?
    bro, oats are my saving grace right now, they are the only starchy carb i eat and every other carb is fibrous, lol be glad you can each them more than once a day

How do you go about making them then?

If I do 1 cup of oats and add 1 3/4 cups of water it makes them expand so much.

If I make them with less water like 1 cup, they get super thick.

I'm not trying to be a cry baby about them, i'm just looking for another carb I can replace with oats forever.

guess i'll go to grits and cerial for awhile

thabeastmaster is offline Associate Member
    i switched over to Steel Cut oats and am forever in love with them....much more palatable and overall a better quality carb...a little more expensive, but if you throw a couple raisins it makes for such a wonderful meal...will never go back to processed oats again...

sizerp is offline Banned
    Try Steel Cut - or Quinoa.

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    ezekiel bread is a good choice to switch over too.. make some toast and get you some blueberry jelly

british bulldog 1 is offline Associate Member
    oats are a must

i'll try the steel cut and if I can ever find that ezekiel bread i'll buy the store out of it.

I don't know why but it's been killing me trying to get those oats down. Esp after that monster plate of eggs and pb ww mini bagel

Quote Originally Posted by british bulldog 1 View Post
    oats are a must
    See I know they are the best carb source, but why are they so much better then wheat bread, grits or cereal? Other than GI value?

stpete is offline Banned
    I don't know what i'd do without my oats and hard boiled eggs. I switch the oats with grits 2x a week. Usually on off days.

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    How do you go about making them then?

If I do 1 cup of oats and add 1 3/4 cups of water it makes them expand so much.

If I make them with less water like 1 cup, they get super thick.

I'm not trying to be a cry baby about them, i'm just looking for another carb I can replace with oats forever.
    i eat natural oats with water and i dont add a god damn thing.. do it twice a day, every day for the last 4 months....

quit your bitching, did u really think there wasn't gonna be sacrifice??

you can also switch to diff complex carbs.. theres a big list of them, ezikiel bread was mentioned, that's a good one.. brown rice, brown pasta, yams, whole wheat cereal (the natural kind).. granola... (no raisens please)....

get creative.. everybody gets sick of oats, shit, im sick of it.. .but i switch it up every once in a while.. im gonna go keto for 8 weeks, it's not gonna be fun.,..

Russasaur is offline New Member
    I just put my oats in my shaker mix them with cold water and drink them nice and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by jamyjamjr View Post
    i eat natural oats with water and i dont add a god damn thing.. do it twice a day, every day for the last 4 months....

quit your bitching, did u really think there wasn't gonna be sacrifice??

you can also switch to diff complex carbs.. theres a big list of them, ezikiel bread was mentioned, that's a good one.. brown rice, brown pasta, yams, whole wheat cereal (the natural kind).. granola... (no raisens please)....

get creative.. everybody gets sick of oats, shit, im sick of it.. .but i switch it up every once in a while.. im gonna go keto for 8 weeks, it's not gonna be fun.,..
    Keto is what I would imagine hell to be like. No way I could ever go that route.

I hate to come off as bitching, just looking for a carb equal to the value of oats. I don't do this for competition, just for self-confidence. So I shouldn't have to gag while eating just to get in better shape.

I've went and bought a few boxes of that kashi almond flax high pro cereal
    http://www.kashi.com/products/golean...ey_almond_flax

what do you think about this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Russasaur View Post
    I just put my oats in my shaker mix them with cold water and drink them nice and easy.

I remember this was up for discussion awhile back, and the nutrition value gets jacked up when you drink your oats.

Anyone have more info on this?

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    Keto is what I would imagine hell to be like. No way I could ever go that route.

I hate to come off as bitching, just looking for a carb equal to the value of oats. I don't do this for competition, just for self-confidence. So I shouldn't have to gag while eating just to get in better shape.

I've went and bought a few boxes of that kashi almond flax high pro cereal
    http://www.kashi.com/products/golean...ey_almond_flax

what do you think about this stuff?

google a glycemic level chart and use that.. it'll tell you what foods are in the same GL as oats..

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    I remember this was up for discussion awhile back, and the nutrition value gets jacked up when you drink your oats.

Anyone have more info on this?
    i drink my oats in cold water for all my 8 meals.

for the last year

damn well better not affect the nutritional value of them

id be pissed

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I switch up between oats, oat bran and quinoa. Each and all of em I add some splenda and cinnamon to and they are great.

jackjackson is offline Senior Member
    I also add water and spoon it soggy.
    I cant stand microwaving them, expands like x 3

Quote Originally Posted by jackjackson View Post
    I also add water and spoon it soggy.
    I cant stand microwaving them, expands like x 3
    Yeah that's what i'm talking about, i'm just going to blend and drink em them since noone has chimed in about this not being a good idea. let me also add i'm natty and don't have a monster appetite like some of you guys. (don't take that the wrong way)3kcals is alot for me. I'm just looking for a less filling carb that goes well with my eggs and ww mini bagel with pb on it. I already eat sweet potatoes 2x a day, ww pasta 1x a day and whole wheat bread 1x so I don't want to use those for breakfast.

oatmeal is cheap and great source of complex carbs so i'll have to keep using it...Also you know what your eating hasnt been through a dozen processings and had additives/preservatives added.

Now anyone have solid info on the drinking oats or eating them uncooked subject?

Of course I can man up and eat them cooked, i'm just after the best option while keeping my sanity.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    oatmeal is cheap and great source of complex carbs so i'll have to keep using it...Also you know what your eating hasnt been through a dozen processings and had additives/preservatives added.

Now anyone have solid info on the drinking oats or eating them uncooked subject?

Of course I can man up and eat them cooked, i'm just after the best option while keeping my sanity.
    Chewing is way more beneficial. Blending and drinking isn't bad but raises the GI slightly. Our bodies were designed to chew and break down / digest food. Enzymes are released during the chewing process that aid in digestion. Chewing also keeps me fuller longer as the assimilation process is slower. Remember shakes and blenders did not exist when we all lived in caves.

I have my oatmeal dry now and I find I can take it down way easier. Or just add a bit of almond milk to it and eat it like cereal. I used to cook my oatmeal and eat it hot but now I can't be bothered. I prefer eating it cold/raw.

That said I still blend 3/4 cup of raw oats with egg whites, whey, and half a banana for PWO. I think the faster assimilation works to your advantage in that case.
    Last edited by Polska; 07-16-2009 at 06:39 PM.

keithdolby is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=Polska;4764212]Chewing is way more beneficial. Blending and drinking isn't bad but raises the GI slightly. Our bodies were designed to chew and break down / digest food. Enzymes are released during the chewing process that aid in digestion. Chewing also keeps me fuller longer as the assimilation process is slower. Remember shakes and blenders did not exist when we all lived in caves.

I have my oatmeal dry now and I find I can take it down way easier. Or just add a bit of almond milk to it and eat it like cereal. I used to cook my oatmeal and eat it hot but now I can't be bothered. I prefer eating it cold/raw.

That said I still blend 3/4 cup of raw oats with egg whites, whey, and half a banana for PWO. I think the faster assimilation works to your advantage in that case.[/QUOTE

Have never thought about eating oats raw, didnt even know you can do that. For the orginal poster, I used to boil my oats in water and almond milk and yes the oats would expand big time, so youre pretty much forcing down the oats at the end. I mostly microwave oats now, they dont seem to expand as much, so it seems easier to eat the same amount, although you may not like microwaves. Eating raw oats with a little almond milk seems like a good idea.

Thread Information