Kibble is offline Anabolic Member

What I ate today.

Tis is what I ate today. It is a typical diet day for me. I am currently running 500mg Test E/Week, and 50mg Dbol /ED. My goal is maximum strength gain with minimal weight gain. This is my first cycle by the way. 6', 240lbs, 15%bf. I am trying not to gain too much weight. I just want the strength. Basically, I will list what I ate today. Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

5am: Protein Shake, Bananna Nut muffin (have to keep it light since I have morning cardio)
    8am: 7 Egg whites, 1 whole egg, 2 slices wheat bread, strawberries
    10am: Rigatoni pasta with lean ground beef
    12pm: Protein shake w/ bananna
    1245pm: Footlong Meatball Sub (Subway)
    230pm: Rigatoni pasta w/ lean ground beef, carrots
    4pm: Protein shake, granola bar(nutrigrain or natures valley)
    630pm: Lasagna (Late carbs- I know... but I have family dinner with my kids)
    930pm: Protein shake w/ 1 tbs peanut butter, orange

I hate to come in here and ask for an overhaul, but I believe that I am doing the best I can. I have 2 kids, a pregnant wife, and a mother living with me (she is helping with the kids). I go to work at 5am, and don't come home until 6pm. Then I have to get my kids ready for bed and do homework, etc. If I can't prepare beef and rice for lunch the next day, then I just take leftovers. Basically, tomorrow I will have lasagna pre and post workout
    Last edited by Kibble; 12-16-2009 at 06:34 AM.

oscarjones is offline Banned
    So 4 out of 8 meals are shakes?

Carrots are sugary too.

What is your TDEE? I think you can clean that up and add more protein from animal sources. In every meal too.

Yeah I have a shake in the morning, pre workout, post workout, and before bed. Sorry, but what exactly is TDEE?

I understand that I should be getting more whole-meat protein, but my wife constantly nags when I eat all of the chicken. I started to keep food at the freezer at work, but it keeps coming up missing

Forgot to add my lunch at Subway ^

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    TDEE=Total Daily Energy Expenditure

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKuntry1984 View Post
    Tis is what I ate today. It is a typical diet day for me. I am currently running 500mg Test E/Week, and 50mg Dbol /ED. My goal is maximum strength gain with minimal weight gain. This is my first cycle by the way. 6', 240lbs, 15%bf. I am trying not to gain too much weight. I just want the strength. Basically, I will list what I ate today. Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

5am: Protein Shake, Bananna Nut muffin (have to keep it light since I have morning cardio) Eat real food. Egg whites. Muffin is another word for cake. Have 1 cup of oats.
    8am: 7 Egg whites, 1 whole egg, 2 slices wheat bread, strawberries Fine but regular wheat bread is a weak carb source. More oats or ezekiel bread.
    10am: Rigatoni pasta with lean ground beef If it's whole wheat pasta. You need some veggies as well man. The only way I'd say this is an acceptable meal on a cycle is if the sauce is garlic/olive-oil primavera (vegetables)
    12pm: Protein shake w/ bananna Real food. Lean beef/chicken/bison/venison. No banana - have a healthy fat - say 1/2 cup almonds. You are also lacking EFA's
    1245pm: Footlong Meatball Sub (Subway) God no. Lean protein/sweet potato or other complex carb here.
    230pm: Rigatoni pasta w/ lean ground beef, carrots Add green/fibrous veggies. Again, needs to be wheat pasta.
    4pm: Protein shake, granola bar(nutrigrain or natures valley) No granola bar, it's just a candy bar really if you look at the NF - usually as much as 35g sugar - minimal effective carbs. Just put oats/PB in your shake, I'm assuming this is PWO.
    630pm: Lasagna (Late carbs- I know... but I have family dinner with my kids) Yeah, you'll gain fat. Daddy can eat something different. Pro/lots of veggies. If it must be so, wheat lasagna noodles/brown rice/etc taste the same imo.
    930pm: Protein shake w/ 1 tbs peanut butter, orange Casein!

I hate to come in here and ask for an overhaul, but I believe that I am doing the best I can. I have 2 kids, a pregnant wife, and a mother living with me (she is helping with the kids). I go to work at 5am, and don't come home until 6pm. Then I have to get my kids ready for bed and do homework, etc. If I can't prepare beef and rice for lunch the next day, then I just take leftovers. Basically, tomorrow I will have lasagna pre and post workout
    Your diet is pretty atrocious for someone on a cycle, with all due respect. Wasting the gear wouldn't be an overstatement. Even if you've had decent results up till now with this diet or something similar, you won't continue to do so (i know from your cycle thread, you're quite a beast). There's a lot more help to be had here but my corrections in bold are, for now, a must. Don't eat like this again tomorrow.

thanks for the insight. Yeah my diet is atrocious. I will make as many changes as I can to that. The only reason that I have a proetin shake first thing in the morning is because I do extensive morning cardio. It is hard to run 5 miles when my stomach is filled with eggs lol

oscarjones is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKuntry1984 View Post
    thanks for the insight. Yeah my diet is atrocious. I will make as many changes as I can to that. The only reason that I have a proetin shake first thing in the morning is because I do extensive morning cardio. It is hard to run 5 miles when my stomach is filled with eggs lol
    Empty stomach cardio FTW!

Or like 1/2 scoop whey and water 20-30 minutes before you start your low intensity CV session. Caffeine will help burn some fat and preserve muscle too.

Come back from AM cardio, eat your breakfast... then go lift when you're ready.

Thread Information