Thread: Diet Critique

valenti00 is offline New Member

Diet Critique

Hey guys,

Here's a little background info on me. The past 12 weeks i havent been able to be in the gym due to some family issues. Unfortunately during my 12 week hiatus my diet was not in check and i got much softer than i had become accustom too. I was 162lbs working out twice a day, low intense cardio for 45 min in the AM Lifting in the PM.

I currently am 5'9" 167lbs (i know it's only 5 lbs heavier but i'm alot softer than i was and just dont have nearly the same look i did)

I can no longer do a morning session of cardio on am empty stomach so here is what my workout schedule and diet look like.

My BMR is 2700 calories a day just to maintain my current weight on my current workout schedule.

8 A.M - Meal 1 - Whole Wheat Piece of toast, 2 Whole Eggs, 4 Egg White, 1 Small apple - (460 calories)

11 A.M (Prework out meal) - Meal 2 - 2 Whole Egg, 4 Egg Whites, Cup of Mixe Greens, Small Baked Potatoe, Slice of No Fat Cheese - (450 Calories)

12:30-1:30 - I do the insanity cardio workout, it's a high intense cardio workout 6 days a week.

2 P.M - Meal 3 (Post workout 1) - 2 Scoops Whey Protein, 3/4 cup Dry Oats (400 calories)

4:30 P.M - Meal 4 (pre workout meal 2) - 1 OZ Whole Wheat Pasta, Cup Mixed Greens, 8 Oz Chicken (400 Calories)

5:30 - 6:30 - Weight Training Session - I Lift 5 days a week. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. I break it down into 5 parts, Legs, Chest, Back, Shoulders, Arms.

7:30 - Meal 5 (Post Work 2) - 8oz Grilled Tilapia, 1 Cup Mixed Greens, TSP Olive Oil, Baked Potatoe or 1 Oz Wheat Pasta (450 Calories)

I consume right around 2200 calories a day with my BMR at 2700. I do want to drop down to about 160 so i try and consume 500 less calories a day. I do have to do the Macros in my diet which i'll do this weekend but do you guys think this is a pretty good diet for what my goal is. My goal is to lose a few lbs and drop BF.

After i get down to 160 i'll redo my BMR and consume the amount of cals needed to maintain my weight and just drop Body Fat.

Please let me know if you guys think this is a good diet for what i want to achieve.

POPS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valenti00 View Post
    Hey guys,

Here's a little background info on me. The past 12 weeks i havent been able to be in the gym due to some family issues. Unfortunately during my 12 week hiatus my diet was not in check and i got much softer than i had become accustom too. I was 162lbs working out twice a day, low intense cardio for 45 min in the AM Lifting in the PM.

I currently am 5'9" 167lbs (i know it's only 5 lbs heavier but i'm alot softer than i was and just dont have nearly the same look i did)

I can no longer do a morning session of cardio on am empty stomach so here is what my workout schedule and diet look like.

My BMR is 2700 calories a day just to maintain my current weight on my current workout schedule.

8 A.M - Meal 1 - Whole Wheat Piece of toast, 2 Whole Eggs, 4 Egg White, 1 Small apple - (460 calories)
    11 A.M (Prework out meal) - Meal 2 - 2 Whole Egg, 4 Egg Whites, Cup of Mixe Greens, Small Baked Potatoe, Slice of No Fat Cheese - (450 Calories)

12:30-1:30 - I do the insanity cardio workout, it's a high intense cardio workout 6 days a week.

2 P.M - Meal 3 (Post workout 1) - 2 Scoops Whey Protein, 3/4 cup Dry Oats (400 calories)

4:30 P.M - Meal 4 (pre workout meal 2) - 1 OZ Whole Wheat Pasta, Cup Mixed Greens, 8 Oz Chicken (400 Calories)

5:30 - 6:30 - Weight Training Session - I Lift 5 days a week. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. I break it down into 5 parts, Legs, Chest, Back, Shoulders, Arms.

7:30 - Meal 5 (Post Work 2) - 8oz Grilled Tilapia, 1 Cup Mixed Greens, TSP Olive Oil, Baked Potatoe or 1 Oz Wheat Pasta (450 Calories)

I consume right around 2200 calories a day with my BMR at 2700. I do want to drop down to about 160 so i try and consume 500 less calories a day. I do have to do the Macros in my diet which i'll do this weekend but do you guys think this is a pretty good diet for what my goal is. My goal is to lose a few lbs and drop BF.

After i get down to 160 i'll redo my BMR and consume the amount of cals needed to maintain my weight and just drop Body Fat.

Please let me know if you guys think this is a good diet for what i want to achieve.
    It seem a bit complicated to me but Ill do my best.

Can you do your cardio post work-out? You are consuming a pretty large meal before a big cardio routine and dont you think thats a bit much? Maybe if you have a pre-workout meal 2 hours before training, lift then do pwo cardio then have your pwo shake right after your training.

As far as the foods you chose I would make some small changes. Drop the fruit, cheese, ww pasta, and potatoes ( unless theyre sweet potatoes ) and add broccoli or green beans and add 1/2 cup of oats in bfast.

These are a few things that I use in my daily diet that is helping me lose bf while still keeping some size, but everybody's different.

Hope I can help!!

Thread Information