Damienm05 is offline Productive Member

New diet, please critique.

Gained at least 10 lbs. of Lean mass on my cycle so far (week 6) and have upped my cals accordingly. I am trying to eat right around my TDEE. I think that my fats may be high but I simply can't eat more carbs without looking and feeling bloated. As a general rule, I don't want to have to cut when I come off, so I'm trying to avoid carb consumption past 3:00 PM as to ensure I don't break double-digit bf% while "on".

I've also been on a carb-cycle type of diet until now, and I want to keep it consistent through PCT. Note that I will Increase my carbs to 300g from complex sources only on my 2 non-training days.

Meal 1 - 8:00 AM: 2 whole eggs, 8 egg whites, 1/2 cup raw oats cooked in water, splenda/cinnamon, 1 cup mixed straw/raspberries.
    - 46/42/13/512

Meal 2 - 10:00 AM: 6 oz. Grilled chicken sandwich on Ezekiel bread with 1/2 cup wilted spinach and roasted tomatoes in EVOO.
    - 58/30/20/510

Meal 3 - 12:30 PM - Pre-workout: 6 oz. sliced, grilled flank steak with 1 whole, roasted sweet potato.
    -48/30/14/460

WORKOUT

Meal 4 - 3:30 PM: PWO shake w/ 2 tbspn. Natty PB. On non-cardio days, I add 1/2 cup raw oats to the cocktail.
    -68/10/19/460
    -73/38/21/610 w/ oats

Meal 5 - 4:30 PM: 6 oz. Grilled Salmon with 2 cups mixed green beans.
    -49/18/15/495

Meal 6 - 7:00 PM: 6 oz. Grilled Chicken or 2 Tilapia fillets with 2 cups mixed green beans and 1 oz. sliced almonds.
    -59/15/22/600

Meal 7 - 9:30 PM: 6 oz. sliced, grilled Flank Steak with 2 cups wilted spinach or kale.
    -52/12/14/479

Meal 8 - 12:00 AM or whenever my head hits the pillow: 2 scoops casein powder in water w/ 2 tbspn. Natty PB.
    -56/11/19/408

Totals: 436 Pro/178 carb/138 fat/3924 cals

Note that my net carbs are significantly lower than the numbers based on the high volume of fibrous sources. Also, I know my protein in stupidly high but based on the informal rule of 40g or less used per serving, I think it's realistically around 300g.

Bump

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    With a quick glance your diet looks good to me bro. Glad to hear you have made such good gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    With a quick glance your diet looks good to me bro. Glad to hear you have made such good gains.
    Thanks man. I'm just concerned because my strength gains seemed to be most noticable around week 3. Being on week 6 now, I expected to continue seeing exponential gains and I haven't. That said, I'm gonna run this diet through week 8 and see what happens!

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    carbs way too low

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMaleDawg View Post
    carbs way too low
    Please, explain.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Thanks man. I'm just concerned because my strength gains seemed to be most noticable around week 3. Being on week 6 now, I expected to continue seeing exponential gains and I haven't. That said, I'm gonna run this diet through week 8 and see what happens!
    gains are always big in the beginning. But I am sure this is not your first cycle so your gains are not gonna be like the first ones anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMaleDawg View Post
    carbs way too low
    He wants low carbs. You probably would gain more with higher carbs but I don't see a problem with the current.

Thread Information