LiftedDuramax2007 is offline Associate Member

Black beans vs brown rice

Just curious of something, Im trying to build my diet for my 1st cycle and I see alot of you eat brown rice but dont see too many with black beans in their diet.

I noticed that 1 serving of brown rice is 35g of carbs and only 4g of protein.

Black beans was 23g of carbs and 7g of protein

So my question is why do alot of you have brown rice instead of black beans in your diet?

Im thinking theres a reason for it

T_Dubp is offline Junior Member
    I make a huge pot every now and then, but it's not a staple because im not a huge fan of the gas every 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Dubp View Post
    I make a huge pot every now and then, but it's not a staple because im not a huge fan of the gas every 10 minutes.
    I just figured with it being less carbs and more protein than brown rice that it would be in more peoples diets on here than the brown rice.

From some reading I've done it looks like its best to mix the black beans with brown rice for complete proteins?

awesome1 is offline Associate Member
    yes mixing beans with rice is awesome. I use beans, black eyed peas, and lentils. I use rice simply for carbs with a protein source for a meal. If it lacks in calories I will add some beans. They also have good fiber, no to mention beans are cheap as $hit.

Quote Originally Posted by awesome1 View Post
    yes mixing beans with rice is awesome. I use beans, black eyed peas, and lentils. I use rice simply for carbs with a protein source for a meal. If it lacks in calories I will add some beans. They also have good fiber, no to mention beans are cheap as $hit.
    hell yea they are. I got atleast a weeks worth of black beans for $3

Thread Information