the_garr is offline New Member

Premature exhaustion

I'm having a problem lately (well actually I always have) loss of energy when working out. I've recently joined kick boxing to get back into shape (i'm 6'0 with around 25% bf 30 years old 214 lbs) beofre this lalst year I joined a fitness comp for losing the most weight, the workouts were very hard 1 hour long sessions three times a week plus daily cardio. The problem i'm having is the lack of strength and energy to push through the workouts. I know everyone is going to say diet is everything but my diet seems to be good (and was being managed by a dietician). No junk foods, complex carbs, no fatty protiens (except from some nuts) eating 4 times a day usually(used to eat at least 6 times). In kick boxing I have lots of strength left I can lfeel it, but it seems like all of a sudden the strength is just zapped away, weakness kind of takes over. I was thinking this might be a oxygen issue because i do have asthma and may have slow circulation so I've started on a ginko suppliment to maybe help with the circulation anyways. I'm also sweating profusely, head is covered and dripping in sweat. There are some other guys in my class that are very over weight and are beating me in workouts and barely sweating! I just don't know whats going on, one thing is I can't eat to much before a workout or i'll get sick to my stomach so I tend ot only have a cup and ahalf of cottage cheese a hour before a workout. There have been times when i've taken a suppliment and I've felt amazing with tons of strength and energy put its only happened once, the suppliment never had the same effect again (was superpump) if I could only get that feeling again during a workout I know I could achieve SO much. I'm hoping someone might have some ideas on what I can do to help stop this weakness feeling I get. I'm out of ideas, i've tried everything. What can aperson maybe take/eat for better oxygen supply in the blood?

stokedv is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the_garr View Post
    I'm having a problem lately (well actually I always have) loss of energy when working out. I've recently joined kick boxing to get back into shape (i'm 6'0 with around 25% bf 30 years old 214 lbs) beofre this lalst year I joined a fitness comp for losing the most weight, the workouts were very hard 1 hour long sessions three times a week plus daily cardio. The problem i'm having is the lack of strength and energy to push through the workouts. I know everyone is going to say diet is everything but my diet seems to be good (and was being managed by a dietician). No junk foods, complex carbs, no fatty protiens (except from some nuts) eating 4 times a day usually(used to eat at least 6 times). In kick boxing I have lots of strength left I can lfeel it, but it seems like all of a sudden the strength is just zapped away, weakness kind of takes over. I was thinking this might be a oxygen issue because i do have asthma and may have slow circulation so I've started on a ginko suppliment to maybe help with the circulation anyways. I'm also sweating profusely, head is covered and dripping in sweat. There are some other guys in my class that are very over weight and are beating me in workouts and barely sweating! I just don't know whats going on, one thing is I can't eat to much before a workout or i'll get sick to my stomach so I tend ot only have a cup and ahalf of cottage cheese a hour before a workout. There have been times when i've taken a suppliment and I've felt amazing with tons of strength and energy put its only happened once, the suppliment never had the same effect again (was superpump) if I could only get that feeling again during a workout I know I could achieve SO much. I'm hoping someone might have some ideas on what I can do to help stop this weakness feeling I get. I'm out of ideas, i've tried everything. What can aperson maybe take/eat for better oxygen supply in the blood?
    Yeah diet is everything but timing of the meals is also very inportant.. can u maybe put your meals here? Also me personally as long as many other people here take caffeine before a workout.. I drink 200mg caf in the morning and 200 mg 30min before a workout.. but you having asthma I really dont know what to think I no expert.. do you drink coffee? how do u react to other stimulants?

I'm very stimulant sensitive. I don't drink coffee. I'll post my diet later today, I've since quit kickboxing (was getting embarrassing) And hit cardio twice a day to try and kick start my metabolism (heard running twice a day once in the morning once at night can help this) good news is I am losing weight again but strength levels are still low when doing anything for a period of time .

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    You should go see a doctor about this because it could be some other issue. Anyway a product you might want to try is called Plasmajet. It is a N.O. product that does not have any stimulants in it. It dilates your blood vessels and really helps the blood through. I would try that out. I don't use any stimulants because I too am very very sensitive to it. Try Plasmajet, but go see a doctor.

stokedv is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    You should go see a doctor about this because it could be some other issue. Anyway a product you might want to try is called Plasmajet. It is a N.O. product that does not have any stimulants in it. It dilates your blood vessels and really helps the blood through. I would try that out. I don't use any stimulants because I too am very very sensitive to it. Try Plasmajet, but go see a doctor.
    Right on thanks Twist for the great info... !! and yeah if you are sensitive dont take anything ... my call.. and go see doc to see if its what you think it is..
    When I tried to run 2 times a day I quit after 2.5 weeks.. you need to get a subscription to a gym and run on the treadmill, bike, do steps, or many other available options to ALTERNATE.. post your diet?

slugtrail is offline New Member
    I've read that the Ginsana brand of ginseng has been used in studies and that over the course of 9 weeks, they were showing gains in the neighborhood of 44% increases in VO2 max. It can't be any ginsend though, for whatever reason Ginsana brand has something that other brands don't. Sorry I can't be more specific. At least it's cheap. A box of it costs $8.00 at walmart. I remember they were using 200mg/day.

Another thought: have you tried quaffing a carbohydrate drink just before class?

slugtastic is offline Associate Member
    Haha kick boxing is hard, very hard I think u body isn't use to the training, u don't need stimulants. Just keep training if your un fit it will take a couple of months to be able to train at that intensity for the full hour- hour 1/2 ... Don't quit because somethings hard that's a loseing attitude!!!

went to doc and got a complete blood work done up. Test lvls are good sugar lvls good, everything seems fine he said so its not medical. Getting the stuff for a new diet hopefully tonight and start it tomorrow. I think its

breakfast-1cup oatmeal, 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
    snack 1 protien drink (using muscle milk with skim milk)
    lunch-salad with 4 pieces turkey/chicken bacon (its a mixed salad so has carrots in it and spinach) 1/2 cup oatmeal in non sweetened apple sauce with cinnamin
    snack protien shake
    supper-1 chicken breast, asparagus 1/4 cup of almonds or cashews small glass of skim milk.

thats what i'm planning, am I way off for this diet? I have a LBM of 170 and weight 214 6'0
    BTW-I workout right before supper and eat right after working out.
    Last edited by the_garr; 03-01-2010 at 03:45 PM.

oakdad is offline Junior Member
    Go to the doc and get a stress test done you might be dealing with some blockage in the arteries and don't know it.

Thread Information