Thread: Oats??????

sanman is offline Associate Member

Oats??????

Might be a stupid question but never ate oats in my life.The question I have is when members state they have 1 cup of oats do you eat them dry or cook them or put them in your protien shakes??????

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    1 cup measured dry then either cooked with milk or water, or thrown in a shke, you can also grind them do so they are fine

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    1 cup measured dry then either cooked with milk or water, or thrown in a shke, you can also grind them do so they are fine
    Thanks...

SHANE704 is offline Junior Member
    yes just put them in a bowl with twice as much water as oats and microwave for 1:00 to 1:30...two or three packets of splenda and a lil cinnamon and they aint too bad at all!!!

Thanks for all the info....just bought some oats today so I figure I will try to get some ideas for making them.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Just to clarify - 1 serving is a 1/2 cup of oats DRY. That yields at least a cup when cooked. When people post their diets, they are always referring to the dry measure.

[QUOTE=gbrice75;5140682]Just to clarify - 1 serving is a 1/2 cup of oats DRY. That yields at least a cup when cooked. When people post their diets, they are always referring to the dry measure.[/Q

Wow didnt know that is that why when I put a full cup of Oats in my protien drink it felt like I was only drinking the Oats & didnt taste the protien.....

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    [QUOTE=sanman;5141089]
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Just to clarify - 1 serving is a 1/2 cup of oats DRY. That yields at least a cup when cooked. When people post their diets, they are always referring to the dry measure.[/Q

Wow didnt know that is that why when I put a full cup of Oats in my protien drink it felt like I was only drinking the Oats & didnt taste the protien.....
    lol yep! For me, 1/2 cup of dry oats is the perfect amount for 1 scoop of whey (assuming you mix 1 scoop with about 8oz of water or skim milk).

JamesHowlett is offline New Member
    Ive been putting a cup of dry oats into my blender, now that i have the lighter, thinner oats they blend perfectly into the shake and they dont pile up on the bottom of the glass

jared530 is offline Junior Member
    its 1000x faster to put them down if you blend the oats with protein and water....before the oats expand

Jahcuree is offline Associate Member
    Isnt uncooked oats much harder to digest than cooked oats though?

Ive been cooking the oats and then throwing them in my shake, nice and smooth going down, easy to digest

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHANE704 View Post
    yes just put them in a bowl with twice as much water as oats and microwave for 1:00 to 1:30...two or three packets of splenda and a lil cinnamon and they aint too bad at all!!!
    Yup. Eat that every morning. Gotta get them complex carbs! then I usually hit a protein shake 20 minutes later, then a NO2 drink, then warm up

Thread Information