RFeyn is offline New Member

Pics of me and goals, please critique my diet

WHATUP?

Alright I've done some reading and I think I've got a decent diet worked out. The calories are low but I still think it should be enough to rebuild my muscles after a work out.

Not interested in getting big. Not interested in "bulking" and getting flabby then trying to cut, I'd rather just slowly get stronger and leaner.

Here's my goal:
    http://popseoul.files.wordpress.com/.../0826-ksw1.jpg

Notice it's not to get huge!

Pics of me are here:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...96#post5138596

I'm 22, 6', 160lb

Thanks for your insights!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics of me and goals, please critique my diet-diet.gif  
    Last edited by RFeyn; 04-24-2010 at 05:07 PM.

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    Man that guy aint exactlt small, i guarantee he's eating a hell of a lot more than your diet!! im not sure about other people reading that diet but it is very hard to read for me anyway

You mean it's hard to see? just keep clicking on the picture and itll get big eventually, with a magnifying glass. I have to click three times.
    Last edited by RFeyn; 04-24-2010 at 05:15 PM.

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    ya i got there eventually, as i said im not qualified in this area long enough to give out loads of advice but i would definatly think you need to eat more than this

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Most of your food choices are decent, but i've seen you post this in another thread - did you not get the answers you were looking for?

You need to figure out your TDEE, otherwise how can we tell you if you're eating enough (or too much) food? We have no basis to start with.

NewlyDesigned is offline Junior Member
    From your picture, Id say your bodyfat is roughly 10-12%. I'd say your TDEE is about 2700 give or take. With the diet you posted, you are eating around 600 calories below your TDEE. From your pics, I would definitly start with a bulk and go from there. Your macro split seems fine although you need about 1000 more calories. Try adding in brown rice and oats to your diet. Breakfast add in 3 more egg whites and 1/2 cup oats, get rid of the milk and cereal. Get rid of meal2 and change it to a protein/ fat meal. Change it to something like tuna and mayo. Add in 1 cup oats to meal 3. Change your meal4 (post workout) to 1.5 scoops whey, a banana, and 1/2 cup oats. Add some EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and 1 cup brown rice to meal 5 and take out the quinoa.

Try adding some of that to your diet and let me know what it looks like. If your macros are off we can fix it up some. Basically, try to get your calories up and put on a good base of muscle. Don't worry about getting "bulky" thats not gonna happen over night. And the calories won't be in excess so much that you'll add a lot of fat. If the diet is clean then you shouldn't have much of a cut by the end of it for decent results. If you want to look like the picture of the guy you posted then you will need a good cut at the end and a lot of dedication.
    Last edited by NewlyDesigned; 04-25-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    did you not get the answers you were looking for?

I was told to eat 3000 calories but I hadn't really gotten my diet critiqued yet.

You need to figure out your TDEE, otherwise how can we tell you if you're eating enough (or too much) food? We have no basis to start with.

I've never really liked that calculation because it seems so unscientific to choose an "activity level". When I choose lightly active (because I am pretty much sitting all day when not at the gym) I get TDEE=2400.

Quote Originally Posted by NewlyDesigned View Post
    Add some EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and 1 cup brown rice to meal 5 and take out the quinoa.

Thank you very much for your advice. I'll do what you said, but I have to ask, why replace quinoa with brown rice? It cooks so much faster!

responses in bold

NewlyDesigned is offline Junior Member
    just what i've used with success. look up the macros on each and see which fits best for you. good luck to you

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quinoa is great - I wouldn't drop it. Not only is it a great complex carb source, but it's (one of?) the only grain that is also a complete protein! Stick with it, if you can stomach the taste.

Thread Information