percy01 is offline New Member

My diet, criticize if needed ?

Hey guys im going to show you my diet and ask what you recon

Im 21
    187 pounds
    5ft7
    Bf 12.9%
    Waist, 30-32
    My diet, i drink about 10 pints of water a day, i also have a very mixed diet these are the majority of things i eat, rice cakes peanut butter, marmite, mixed friut, tuna, sardines, salmon, loads frozen vegatables 3 bowls a day, chicken breasts no skin, turkey breasts, rump steak basically everyday, jacket potatoes, hadock, cottage cheese, flax oil

My training is,

Monday
    20minz abs
    40minz on running machine, 1 min fast 1 and half min slow pace alternating all the way to 40 minz

Tuesday
    Chest and triceps

Wednesday
    back and biceps

Thursday
    Shoulders and traps

Friday
    20minz
    40minz on runnning machine, running at a constant pace prob about 9.5km

Or i play football 5 a side for 1 hour

Saturday
    Legs and chest

Get up at 5:30

Bananna, glass of water,

start work at 5:45 till 8:00

At

8:15 I eat
    3 weetabix 20g raisins, tea spoon flax oil
    1 and half scoop of gaspari's Myofusion = 38g protein

Then work at 8:45 till 4:00,i work in a school and live around 2 minz away so i just literaly trot into the house while working for breaks to eat :P very lucky i am haha

10:00
    2 apples or any 2 pieces of fruit

11:00
    8 egg whites 1 yolk, tomatoe and mushroom 2 rice cakes spread lightish with peanut butter, jam and marmite, water

13:00
    8 - 10oz rump steak massive bowl of veg, can of sardines, steak cooked in olive oil or flax oil

3:45, 2 rice cakes light peanut butter, jam and marmite,2 weetabix 20g of raisens
    1 Table spoon of glucose powder

Gym at 4 till about 5:30 or 6, usually spend about 1 hour 15 min depends if theres one 2 or 3 of us going
    Straight after gym,

between 7 - 8,
    Big bowl frozen veg, 3 or 4 chicken breasts no skin

Somtimes then before bed a little bit of natural yogurt with almonds and raisens.

Basically cutting and building, wanna know what you guys think of the diet, what things i could add or possibly take away if there anything bad in there,
    been doing this for around 2 weeks and really started to lean out and keep size so im pretty sure its doing good for me, let me know what you think guys, cheers in advance.
    Last edited by percy01; 05-16-2010 at 04:54 PM.

Bump

crash411 is offline New Member

Need Help Bad!!!

I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind sharing some information to get me back on the right track. I need extreme help with my diet and my workout routine.
    I am 6' tall and weigh 360 lbs. which is about 40 plus percent of body fat. No, I'm not a lazy POS but, have had a medical condition with my pituitary gland and now I am currently taking 250mg of testosterone enanthate twice a month by injection.
    I have a very large frame (football players build) and at present I workout three to four times per week with the following schedule.

Mon.-cardio (treadmill) 1.5 miles at 3.0 to 3.5 speed for my warm up at a incline of 0 to 2.5,then I hit the weights. I was doing 12 reps but, I just dropped it to 8 reps and increased the weight. Lat pull down 3 sets 8 reps of heavy weight. Tricep pull down 3 sets 8 reps heavy weight...heavy weight for me is 120 lbs., 130 lbs. and 140 lbs. on the tricep pull down. Seated rows 3 sets 8 reps heavy weight... 120, 140 and 160 lbs. Butterfly machine or peck deck which ever you prefer 3 sets 8 reps...120, 140 and 160 lbs. And last but not least the chest press 3 sets 8 reps of heavy weight... 120, 150 and 175 lbs.

Tues.-Strictly cardio... I change the intervals every 1/4 mile. Start with 3.2 speed and at 0 incline, 3.2 speed and 2.5 incline, 3.2 speed and 5.0 incline, 3.0 speed and 0 incline, 3.0 speed and 7.5 incline, 3.0 speed and 0 incline, 3.0 and 2.5 incline, 3.0 speed and 5.0 incline, 3.0 speed and 0 incline and 3.5 speed and 0 incline for a total of 2.75 miles. I the move over to the leg press for 3 sets 8 reps of moderate weight...300, 400 and 470 lbs.

Wed.- Repeat of Monday

Thurs.- Repeat of Tuesday

For someone my size trying to lean out and gain muscle mass in the process, how many calories should I be eating a day? Is my workout routine going to get it done? If not, what would you recommend? Any idea of a good diet or even a grocery list? If you were me what would you be doing?

Bump

Following my diet would certainly help you lean out, for deffinate 2 weeks ive gone from 14.6% to 12.9% and i still weigh exatly the same. its much harder to lose bodyfat the lower your bodyfat is, you need to be doing more cardio and you want to be doing high intensity low intensity cardio is pretty shit for fat loss.
    Last edited by percy01; 05-16-2010 at 05:21 PM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by percy01 View Post
    you want to be doing high intensity low intensity cardio is pretty shit for fat loss.
    Absolutely not true! Can you show me any evidence to support this statement?

will find the article from mens health for you !

this isnt the page but its pretty evident from these people with experience thaat High intensity training is the way forward

id like you to show me evidence why you think its "Absolutely not true"

As soon as I have some time, i'll find the articles. I'm not saying that HIT is no good, or that one is better than the other. All i'm saying is that your statement is false - low intensity cardio absolutely does burn bodyfat - people have done it for years and continue to do so today. In fact, some will make the argument that HIT will torch muscle along with the bodyfat.

YoungGunsNY is offline Associate Member
    Whoa GB - surprised you didn't look to help out this guy by asking for his macros..

Percy - post macros of your diet - your diet is working because you're eating 'clean' (not candies etc) but it's not optimal ..
    the eggs should come earlier like 1st meal or 2nd meal if that shake is so you're not hungry upon wake-up and can't cook asap..
    fruit by itself? ditch... pro/carb meal!
    glucose powder? just get carbs from whole foods & stop wasting your money
    rice cakes - i guess you could do it - but it's not optimal ..carbs should be more so brown rice, sweet potato/yams, potato, ezekial bread...

don't even bother looking for articles b/c that statement is truly false - IMO - HIT is best after workout and in AM or non-workout days low-intensity is best for long durations

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGunsNY View Post
    Whoa GB - surprised you didn't look to help out this guy by asking for his macros..
    LoL, you got me bro! It WON'T happen again!

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    The best cardio workout is incline treadmill 15 clicks maxed out, 2.0 to 2.5 on the speed, Heart rate 130-140, as long as you want. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    The best cardio workout is incline treadmill 15 clicks maxed out, 2.0 to 2.5 on the speed, Heart rate 130-140, as long as you want. JMO
    Agreed on the heart rate, that's the range I try to keep mine in. I don't usually do the big incline, but am able to keep my heart rate in that range by doing 2 mins of running at 6.5 - 7.0 and then one minute of walking at 4.0, repeat for total of 30 mins. I do a variation of that on the stairmaster as well.

Thread Information