Thread: My Diet.

IntentionallyChewy is offline New Member

My Diet.

Ok, here is my current diet. I know there is a ton of room for improvement, so I decided to present it for critique.

Meal 1:
    3 egg whites, 3 whole eggs 33g Protein, 6g Sat. Fat, 21g Total Fat
    1 cup oatmeal with 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 5g Protein, .5g Sat. Fat, 3g Total Fat, 33g Carb.

Meal 2:
    IsoPure 50g protein shake

Meal 3:
    1 chicken breast, 44g Protein, 1g Sat. Fat
    Small amount of whole grain pasta with very little Alfredo sauce, 15g Protein, 4.5g Sat. Fat, 8g Total Fat, 45g Carb.

Meal 4 (usually Pre-workout):
    Gatorade

Meal 5 (Post-workout):
    Gatorade

Meal 6:
    1 chicken breast 44g Protein, 1g Sat. Fat

Meal 7:
    1 can tuna with a spoonful of Mayo, 12g Protein, 2.5g Sat. Fat, 14g Total Fat
    2 slices whole grain bread, 8g Protein, 0g Sat. Fat, 3g Total Fat, 38g Carb.

This is the diet I try to stick to, but Saturdays I always end up eating some kind of crappy fast food. Working on the discipline to stop. Down to just Saturdays, used to be Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays.

Edit: I suppose I should mention that my goal is to cut from 205 to 165. Over the next 12-14 months I'm going to get my workout and diet locked down so I can start my first cycle.

I'm 25.
    Last edited by IntentionallyChewy; 05-20-2010 at 12:05 PM.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Too many shakes.
    Post the macros. You dont seem like you are eating enough

Ok, I posted the macros. If I'm not eating enough then this is going to be rough. I have a hard time eating all the food I currently eat. Especially chicken, it's so boring. I'm trying to find some super lean beef to substitute. I tried these super lean hot dogs and they made me sick, so never again. LOL.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Calories?

Hmmmm, I didn't worry about the calories because one of the videos linked in the stickies said calories don't really matter, as long as your macros are straight. I'll figure those out and get them posted though.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by IntentionallyChewy View Post
    Ok, here is my current diet. I know there is a ton of room for improvement, so I decided to present it for critique.

Meal 1:
    3 egg whites, 3 whole eggs 33g Protein, 6g Sat. Fat, 21g Total Fat
    1 cup oatmeal with 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 5g Protein, .5g Sat. Fat, 3g Total Fat, 33g Carb.

Make this 2 whole eggs and 4-6 whites. Drop the brown sugar and use splenda and cinnamon instead.

Meal 2:

Real food here, protein and complex carb

Meal 3:
    1 chicken breast, 44g Protein, 1g Sat. Fat
    Small amount of whole grain pasta with very little Alfredo sauce, 15g Protein, 4.5g Sat. Fat, 8g Total Fat, 45g Carb.

Try for a better carb source here - brown rice, sweet potato, yam, etc

Meal 4 (usually Pre-workout):
    Gatorade

Need more real food here, and add another complex carb - you need to fuel your workout

Meal 5 (Post-workout):
    Gatorade

Is this whey protein? If so, it's fine. Add oats to your shake

Meal 6:
    1 chicken breast 44g Protein, 1g Sat. Fat

Meal 7:
    1 can tuna with a spoonful of Mayo, 12g Protein, 2.5g Sat. Fat, 14g Total Fat
    2 slices whole grain bread, 8g Protein, 0g Sat. Fat, 3g Total Fat, 38g Carb.

I'd drop the carbs here - carbs + fat = bad news. Eat the tuna and mayo without the bread

This is the diet I try to stick to, but Saturdays I always end up eating some kind of crappy fast food. Working on the discipline to stop. Down to just Saturdays, used to be Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays.

Same here bro, I don't eat fast food ever, but I am WAY too relaxed on weekends. We both gotta get with it!

Edit: I suppose I should mention that my goal is to cut from 205 to 165. Over the next 12-14 months I'm going to get my workout and diet locked down so I can start my first cycle.

I'm 25.
    Comments above in bold. Revise and repost your diet and this time include time of day for meals and total calories for each

Thread Information