mufc is offline New Member

Quick carb question

Just cutting up at the moment, on about 120-140g of carbs a day. Lost 8lbs up to now, due to a lazy bulking diet. My last meal of carbs is 100g pasta (75g of carbs) I am wondering when to have it, I train at around 7ish, so by the time I have finished the gym Its half 8 - 9 and according to the sarcev videos carbs shouldn't be ingested around this time as they are not needed, thus getting stored as fat. So what dya reckon? 1hr before the gym or when I get back ? My other sources of carbs are morning, 10 AM ish and 12AM ish.

rookie builder is offline Associate Member
    I'd break that down into two meals. 1 @ 3pm other @ 5pm. If this is not enough to stop hunger then add protein and green leafy (shrimp and spinach is good with pasta). Around workout time maybe a handful of nuts. OR drop the lazy bulking diet put something together thats a lil more comprehensive on the front end. Dieting is front heavy on effort. Once you learn what to eat, when to eat and have it all in stock meal planning becomes second nature. good luck

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I agree with the above suggestions. Also, if you're on a cutting diet I'd suggest dropping the pasta for a better carb source - sweet potato, yam, brown rice, oats, etc.

sorry if you may have misunderstood? I am not not bothered about the diet, or being hungry. I was askin when to have my carbs because PWO is supposed to be the most critical time, but my PWO falls between 8.30-9PM, and I have been told that carbs should not be ingested at this time. And as for the above post, the pasta is of a lower GI than oats a sweet potatoe
    Last edited by mufc; 06-01-2010 at 10:00 AM.

I hear you now, sorry. That is a tough predicament. There are people who do protein/fat meals PWO, even when it's earlier in the day. I don't personally like it, i'd prefer carbs, but at that time of night you might want to play it safe and not do the carbs PWO. What time do you go to bed?

Ok about the pasta

11-12 usually, Although I have skimmed milk before bed aswell as cottage cheese for my caseine. The skimmed milk has 20g of carbs in, thats why lately I have been leaning towards having it before.

Hmm, yea i'd probably opt not to do the carbs PWO. I know you weren't looking for advice on the diet, but I feel the need to give it - I would not do the milk before bed or even a couple hours earlier, it's too much sugar that late in the day IMO.

Cheers for the advice, and as for the milk, according to the GI chart, skimmed milk has lower GI than the majority of foods

http://www.the-gi-diet.org/lowgifoods/

Thread Information