djhxxx1972 is offline New Member

Cutting Diet and Exercise Regime- please help!

Hi there... I need some diet advice big time!

I am 37, 6ft 1, 85kg, been training since I was 21. I lift weights 4 times a week and do cardio (tennis or cross-trainer) 4 times a week. I don't want to use steroids until I have got my diet sorted. My Body fat is 17% and I am struggling to get it down. I want to cut and be defined rather than massive gains. I have always been fit and defined, but never as cut as I want.

The problem is this: I kind of prefer to do weight training in the morning, before work, its easier for me coz my tennis club has lots of tennis etc after work. So I don't really want to do cardio in the morning, is that OK? I know that morning cardio on an empty stomach is the best. Should I do this and do less weight training?

I have tried to adopt a cutting diet, see below:-

Please can you give me advice on my diet, plus whether I need to review my PWO nutrition or rethink my exercise routine.

I usually life weights in the morning, maybe 8am, usually don't eat before, is that wrong? Then after gym, will have high protein shake with water (not milk) or eat some chicken breast etc. I prefer to use real protein rather than shakes, especially as I can be very hungry after training and cardio, so I am careful not to binge on carbs.

Lunch is usually more protein: chicken breast or tuna, some nuts, try to avoid bread, occasionally green apple (I know thats got sugar in it!) or other fruit.

Then I do cardio usually at 4-5pm (4 times per week)

Then my main meal is usually green salad, lots of it, with more chicken breast or tuna or salmon or lean steak etc. I just found out tomatoes are bad, so might swap for brocolli or spinach. I usually have cottage cheese too coz I love that. Maybe I should add in some brown rice, instead of salad? Can get boring eating lettuce all the time!

Snack might be a handful of nuts, avoid carbs in evening etc.

Please can you help me, I want to get this right. Thanks
    Last edited by djhxxx1972; 06-07-2010 at 03:22 PM.

Thread Information