Thread: PWO nutrition

YoungGunsNY is offline Associate Member

PWO nutrition

For a while now, I been using liquid amino's& BCAAs recently for immediate post-workout nutrition and then eating high GI carbs (white rice) as soon as I got home.

However, the liquid amino's contain around 10g of carbs per serving and due to a new diet in which some days I have no carbs, I'm switching back to whey protein.

On the days I workout and consume carbs, I'm planning on taking whey & waximaize like I used to,

but should I still consume a high GI carb (white rice) post-workout and still at high amounts (80-110g), or switch to low GI carbs because the waximaize replenishes the glycogen enough?

Or should I disregard the waximaize and just down the whey immediate post-workout by itself (for the amino's) and eat a pro/high GI carb meal when I get home?
    Last edited by YoungGunsNY; 06-24-2010 at 11:02 PM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I'd do the waxymaize with the shake, or a complex carb with the shake - I wouldn't do a high GI carb. No need to play with insulin levels. PPWO should be a good lean protein and another complex carb.

You could do what you said in your last sentence, just make sure that real meal when you get home is like 1/2 hour later, no more.

Thread Information