dsldsl1980 is offline Associate Member

Want to be under 10%

I'm 30 years old, 185 weight, about 13%Bf and I have been STUCK at that % for a long time. I just started my first AAS cycle which is 2 weeks dbol 12 weeks test e and I'm on week 6. I have gained about 18 lb so far, stayed about the same % and am feeling great. After my cycle I am really going to be focused on cutting the fat and being under 10% or having decent abs.

My question is will my diet below allow me to do this or does it need to be tweaked more.

M-F
    Meal 1 Oatmeal (with a little brown sugar, sometimes stevia instead)
    Workout
    Protein Shake (3-4 scoops myoplex) 400-500 cals
    Wrap with carrots/pickel
    Body for Life meal (a meal from his book generally a lean 50/50 carb/protein
    A little bit of left overs from dinner
    Protein shake before bed (3-4 scoops myoplex) 400-500 cals

Saturday is my cheat day, I generally don't go crazy but a typical day may be: Ham egg cheese bagel, home Grilled burger with cheese and a few chips, small serving of apps and steak dinner on the town.

Sunday is typically a body for life cooking day. Start the day with oatmeal, turkey burger for lunch, and healthy cooked chicken fajitas for dinner.

I do booze it up a bit on the weekends with captain diets.

Keeping in mind that I'm not trying to be a pro body builder, I just want to get under that 10% mark. Do I need to be more strict and if so where would you recommend I start?

derka is offline New Member
    Any cardio in there mate?

Oh ya for sure. I'm going for 20 min at the end of each work out and 2 long runs (maybe an hour) a week.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Your body fat ain't goin anywhere with such a poor diet man. Read this. Then, post a more viable diet up for critique. Include macros (pro/carb/fat grams and total calories for each meal/daily totals) using fitday.com. Some rules:

1- all meals must have 20-50g lean protein (depending on your daily needs - body composition, LBM, goals)
    2- all meals must contain complex carbs, healthy fat, or both. Use carbs early in the day, especially pre/post WO - fats later in the day when carbs won't be burned due to sleep or sedentary activities.
    3- avoid protein shakes and eat real food when possible.

Use this info:

Welcome to the boards diet forum....

if you have not already done so, post up your stats

height
    bf
    goals.. be specific

please take the time to follow these directions, they will better prepare the both of us for the critique and tweaking of your diet..

you need to figure our your BMR (this is the basal metabolic rate of your body... which means if you were to do nothing all day, ur body would burn these many calories)

once u'v figured out your BMR, u need your TDEE (this is your total daily energy expenditure, it's based upon your activity level)

But first things first, please post up your current diet.. you have to be brutally honest about what you've been eating on average for the last few weeks so i know where your metabolism is at..
    please include macros

MACROS = pro/fat/cal/carb of everya meal and a daily total on the bottom
    you can use fitday . com to help you our with this... be as detailed and specific as possible

please include the time of when u eat and the time of your workout

example:

6am pro/carb/fat/cal
    10 egg whites 50/0/0/200
    1/2 cup oats- 3/50/2/218
    53/50/2/418

REMEMBER

1g protien - 4cal
    1g carb - 4cal
    1g fat - 9cal
    1g alcohol - 8cal (some would argue 7)

also tell me what your workout reg is...

BMR formula #1 (if you bf is high, use this one... you need an accurate bf reading)

BMR (men and women) = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg)

in order to figure out your bmr, you need to know what your lean body mass is.. so, in turn, u need to know what your body fat percentage is...

if you dont know your bodyfat percentage, go to your gym and get tested (please dont use electronic scales to get your bf checked, they're horrible)

if you cannot find a gym to get tested at, please post up a picture for estimates, we're pretty good at it (you also have the option of pming it to me if you have more then 25 posts)

Total weight x bf in decimel form = total bf weight

Total weight - total bf weight = total lean body mass

if your total lean body mass is in lbs, u can divide it by 2.2 to get it in kilograms..

for example..

i am 6'4 275lbs at 14% bf... so i would multiply 275 by .14 (converted from percent to decimal)= 38.5lbs

275 - 38.5 = 236.5lbs lean body weight

236.5 / 2.2 = 107.5 lean mass in kg

370 + (21.6 x 107.5) = 2692 BMR (this is high for the average person, im a big guy)

BMR formula #2 (only to be used if your bf is low)

Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

female BMR = 655 + ( 4.35 x weight in pounds ) + ( 4.7 x height in inches ) - ( 4.7 x age in years )

TDEE

Once u have you bmr, u need to calculate your TDEE, this is simply done with some multiplication...

you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

I should also give you an idea of what dieting should look like... you need to make sure every last calorie you take in isn't an empty calorie... every time you eat you should be eating with a purpose which is to fuel your body for growth and fat loss (predicated on your goals)...

Good meats/protien to eat..

Chicken Breast
    Turkey Breast
    Eggs/Egg Whites
    Bison/Deer Meat
    93% and up lean beef (ground beef, roast beef, london broil are just a few examples)
    Fish (tuna, salmon, talipa etc..)
    Whey (PWO ONLY)
    Casien (BEDTIME ONLY)

Good Complex Carbs

Oats (not that instant crap, all natural steel cut/rolled oats)
    Sweet potatos
    Yams
    Wheat Bread (no, not the enriched type)
    Ezekiel Bread
    Glutin Free Bread

Good Essential Fatty Acids

Almonds
    Avocado (my fav)
    Cashews
    EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
    Fish Oil

You can google endless more where that came from.. get creative..

Also, try to seperate your pro/carb and pro/fat meals, usually leaving your pro/fat meals for bedtime... Beefs should be eaten closer to bed time and usually falls between the last and second to last meal

PROTIEN SHAKES (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CASIEN SHAKES) SHOULD BE CONSUMED POST WORKOUT ONLY!!!!!! DO NOT CHEAT YOURSELF BY REPLACING A MEAL WITH PROTIEN SHAKE, THEY DO 1/8 OF WHAT REAL FOOD WILL DO FOR YOU IN ITS PLACE...

Below are links to a great series of diet/nutritional vidoes that will give you a better idea as to what dieting is. Please remember that Milos only gives you a standard diet while we are trying to CUSTOMIZE one with you. This is why we need your BMR/TDEE and MACROS

Milos Sarcev "Secret of the Pro's" on Nutrition

http://www.dailymoti...nar-pt1_extreme

http://www.dailymoti...nar-pt2_extreme

http://www.dailymoti...nar-pt3_extreme

http://www.dailymoti...nar-pt4_extreme

http://www.dailymoti...nar-pt5_extreme

http://www.dailymoti...nar-pt6_extreme

You can run a great many types of diets.. low carb, high carb, carb cycle, keto, etc.... there is no ONE right way.. the best thing you can do is pick one and stick to it while paying attention to how your body is reacting to it... some people are carb sensetive, some are not... you'll have to find out yourself

MICROCALIBRATION - Microcalibration is a must for dieting.. usually based upon your goals you will be set either 500 calories above or below your TDEE. This is a starting point and you need to be checking yourself by weight or measurment every week to scale how your body reacts..

try to remember that dieting is not an overnight thing.. it takes time and patience....

When you've completed reading all this feel free to post up your diet for critique..

I understand BMR and total caloric intake etc. I have built most of my diet off body for life which has had pretty good results for people. Again keeping in mind this is just for fun for me and to improve my looks a bit more. I still plan to endulge a little in some of the things that are not always so good for me.

Is it really true that to be under 10% then I need to cut out most all drinks and my free day? I feel like my Mon-Fri eating is pretty decent as it includes turkey, Yams, Chicken, oatmeal, protein shakes, and my sat cheat day isn't full of fast food and crap.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Science is science. You eat the right foods at the right times, burn more than you take in, you lose weight. The same science applies to any body fat percentage.

That said, your diet is terrible even for someone who's just casually trying to improve their looks, lol. One of your meals is oatmeal only. Another is a processed carb source encasing carrots and pickles. You're consuming 60-80g of protein (well more than you'll be able to absorb) via whey before bed. Another is unspecified leftovers which likely is some sort of simple carbs and less than quality protein. Now, take into account that you have a cheat day on top of that and I don't see it happening.

If you want help on this board, as I said, you'll need to re-post a diet that somewhat resembles what a bodybuilder would eat with macros and bmr/tdee. Otherwise, nobody can effectively help.

Alrighty, thank you for the input, I will continue to read and learn what I can. Any reason that oatmeal by itself isn't good? I thought it would be a good prework out meal and I follow my workout up with Protein. As far as a recap from what I read above, I need to add protein to my morning meal, Change my lunch to something like Chicken breast/yam, and cut my protein at night in half.

On top of that assuming I need to cut out most drinks/and modify my free day to maybe a free meal.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by dsldsl1980 View Post
    Alrighty, thank you for the input, I will continue to read and learn what I can. Any reason that oatmeal by itself isn't good? I thought it would be a good prework out meal and I follow my workout up with Protein. As far as a recap from what I read above, I need to add protein to my morning meal, Change my lunch to something like Chicken breast/yam, and cut my protein at night in half.

On top of that assuming I need to cut out most drinks/and modify my free day to maybe a free meal.
    Oatmeal by itself isn't good because your body needs protein every couple of hours. It's not about the oatmeal, it's about the lack of protein in that meal. Having said that, i'd lose the brown sugar and stick with the Stevia or use Splenda. I use a combo of both, along with some cinnamon.

Cut your protein in half at night and change it to a casein protein; whey is very fast acting and will do next to nothing throughout the night, whereas casein is much slower and will keep you from catabolism much longer.

Thread Information