dsldsl1980 is offline Associate Member

Diet thoughts, attempt 2

I'm 30 years old, 185 weight, about 13%Bf and I have been STUCK at that % for a long time. I just started my first AAS cycle which is 2 weeks dbol 12 weeks test e and I'm on week 6. I have gained about 18 lb so far, stayed about the same % and am feeling great. After my cycle I am really going to be focused on cutting the fat and being under 10% or having decent abs.

My question is will my diet/workout below allow me to do this or does it need to be tweaked more.

M-F
    1/4 cup oatmeal with Stevia 1 egg, 1 egg white slice of Turkey meat
    Workout
    Protein Shake (3 scoops myoplex)
    (Chicken Breast, Veggies mac n cheese), or (chicken salad with a little italian dressing), or (Turkey wrap with carrots and a pickle)
    Body for Life meal (a meal from his book generally a lean 50/50 carb/protein
    A little bit of left overs from dinner
    1 scoop of casin protein from GNC

Saturday is my cheat day, I generally don't go crazy but a typical day may be: Ham egg cheese bagel, home Grilled burger with cheese and a few chips, small serving of apps and steak dinner on the town.

Sunday is typically a body for life cooking day. Start the day with oatmeal, turkey burger for lunch, and healthy cooked chicken fajitas for dinner.

I do booze it up a bit on the weekends with captain diets.

Workouts will consist of lifting mon - fri with atleast 20 min of cardio every day and 2 days I will be doing that as well as a long run (training for a race)

Keeping in mind that I'm not trying to be a pro body builder, I just want to get under that 10% mark. Do I need to be more strict and if so where would you recommend I start?

Hopefully my minor tweaks are getting me close. I know I will have to cut the calories more after aas but until then I was hoping this was close to ok for my specific goals.

Anyone? I'm pretty sure I didn't do something wrong on this post...

sean_holland is offline Associate Member
    At 13% your abs should be pretty decent already. Maybe your perspective of decent and mine are different.

I would add a few more egg whites to the breakfast. There is no reason to skimp on protein because your dieting down. Keep the protein up or what was the point of doing the AAS to begin with?

Drop the 'Cheat Day', stick with a cheat meal, maybe only once every 10 days. Below 10% is not an easy feat and even more difficult to maintain for an extended period of time without really dedicating your diet to it.

Again, the liquor is useless calories and does nothing for your long term goals. If your serious about being under 10% BF, commit yourself to it, don't short change yourself by justifying partying because the facts are you can't have both. (at least not on a regular basis) unless of course your perspective of 10% BF is different then what it really is.

Post some pics, let's see some of the work you've already done. 13% BF at 30 is something to be proud of.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Your diet is still weak as hell. I don't believe you are 13% - with all due respect. You shouldn't be on AAS with alcohol, a cheat day, and an only semi-clean diet. You'll retain water like crazy and negate the test increase with drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by dsldsl1980 View Post
    i'm 30 years old, 185 weight, about 13%bf and i have been stuck at that % for a long time. I just started my first aas cycle which is 2 weeks dbol 12 weeks test e and i'm on week 6. I have gained about 18 lb so far, stayed about the same % and am feeling great. After my cycle i am really going to be focused on cutting the fat and being under 10% or having decent abs.

My question is will my diet/workout below allow me to do this or does it need to be tweaked more.

M-f
    1/4 cup oatmeal with stevia 1 egg, 1 egg white slice of turkey meat this is a joke of a meal. Maybe 12g protein, 14g carbs, 5g fat pre-workout? 1 whole egg, 8-10 whites, 1/2 cup oats, no turkey (loaded with sodium and will bloat you on cycle)
    workout
    protein shake (3 scoops myoplex) 2 scoops only, add 1/2 cup oats to shake
    (chicken breast, veggies mac n cheese), or (chicken salad with a little italian dressing), or (turkey wrap with carrots and a pickle) chicken breast, veggies and 30g complex carbs only. The other meals are shit. No mac n' cheese ever, please. Brown rice, oats, sweet potato, etc.
    body for life meal (a meal from his book generally a lean 50/50 carb/protein should look like the meal i critiqued above. 6-8g lean protein, veggies, complex carbs - less than 50g.
    a little bit of left overs from dinner should look like the meal above, minus the carbs. 6-8g lean protein, 20g healthy fat, veggies. Example: Chicken breast, 26 almonds, 10 asparagus straws
    1 scoop of casin protein from gnc add 2 tbspn. Natty pb

saturday is my cheat day, i generally don't go crazy but a typical day may be: Ham egg cheese bagel, home grilled burger with cheese and a few chips, small serving of apps and steak dinner on the town. enjoy one cheat meal as sean said. A cheat day will set you back

sunday is typically a body for life cooking day. Start the day with oatmeal, turkey burger for lunch, and healthy cooked chicken fajitas for dinner. what a joke. It should look like the day i critiqued above. Minus the pwo shake if you don't lift.

i do booze it up a bit on the weekends with captain diets. you simply cannot on cycle. Sorry.

workouts will consist of lifting mon - fri with atleast 20 min of cardio every day and 2 days i will be doing that as well as a long run (training for a race)

keeping in mind that i'm not trying to be a pro body builder, i just want to get under that 10% mark. Do i need to be more strict and if so where would you recommend i start? you need to be much more strict. You're on f*cking steroids! Start with reading, learning, and implementing. No bullshit like body for life, just clean bodybuilding meals. No leftovers, no restaurant food. You can do it, as long as you're on aas, at least. Cook all your food 1 day per week and store it. Take it with you to work, etc.

hopefully my minor tweaks are getting me close. I know i will have to cut the calories more after aas but until then i was hoping this was close to ok for my specific goals. not close at all. You know what you have to do now if you're serious, so do it.
    bold

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    OP, listen to the advice these guys are giving you.... yes it's harsh, yes it's strict - hopefully you didn't think reaching <10% would be easy.

I wouldn't be so strict if the OP weren't on aas - but to be serious enough to use juice and not be serious enough to eat a BB diet makes no sense at all. The risk simply isn't worth the reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    I wouldn't be so strict if the OP weren't on aas - but to be serious enough to use juice and not be serious enough to eat a BB diet makes no sense at all. The risk simply isn't worth the reward.
    Agreed. I'm 1 1/2 weeks away from finishing a 12 week test e cycle, and I have to be honest that my diet wasn't spot on. During the week I was near perfect. Weekends always started with good intentions and wound up being a nightmare. I'm not blaming anybody, i'm responsible for what I put in my mouth.

With the summer here, I've been around too many parties, BBQ's, etc and I'll admit that on weekends I ate like shit and drank quite a bit. My BF is up at least 4% and I probably didn't make as good of gains as I could have. Strength is through the roof, but I never cared much about that to begin with - it's all about 'the look' for me. Now I have to backtrack and after PCT go right back into a cutting diet where I will most likely lose my gains... IT SUCKS!

I guess I know quite a few people who are at 10% or less and do not follow a diet even close to as strict as mine so I'm still a little confused. I do understand the point of being serous enough to be on AAS but not to eat properly. I guess I just hear and see a ton of people around me making big improvements doing less and eating worse than me. Summer is the toughest part as I do intend to still enjoy my life and have fun.

I'm guessing my next cycle will be in the winter which will be much easier to stay to a very strict eating plan. My whole intent was really only to run a cycle or 2 to help gain a bit of mass (say 20 lb muscle), drop off for good, and maintain a normal healthy workout diet plan.

For now I guess I will continue with what I have and make minor adjustments each week. Personally I find that I am more likely to fail if I make more than a couple changes before they are truely a habit. First 2 (only 1 day of drinking on the weekends and not getting crazy) and cooking healthy meals on my free day as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsldsl1980 View Post
    I guess I know quite a few people who are at 10% or less and do not follow a diet even close to as strict as mine so I'm still a little confused. I do understand the point of being serous enough to be on AAS but not to eat properly. I guess I just hear and see a ton of people around me making big improvements doing less and eating worse than me. Summer is the toughest part as I do intend to still enjoy my life and have fun.

Bro, I TOTALLY feel your pain. I see people posting on here every day who I KNOW don't have their diet in check nearly as much as I do (not tooting my own horn here), and have made more progress in 6 months than I have in 1.5 years. This I believe comes down to genetics. It's frustrating and I completely understand. All we can do is keep going and do the best with what we were given, and not compare ourselves to others. Easier said than done, I know. Hey, I can give the advice even if I can't seem to live by it! If you're ever feeling down, don't hesitate to PM me, because I get it!

I'm guessing my next cycle will be in the winter which will be much easier to stay to a very strict eating plan. My whole intent was really only to run a cycle or 2 to help gain a bit of mass (say 20 lb muscle), drop off for good, and maintain a normal healthy workout diet plan.

Amen, summer is the worst. I'm probably the only idiot who decided to start a bulk diet and 12 week test e cycle right at the beginning of summer!

For now I guess I will continue with what I have and make minor adjustments each week. Personally I find that I am more likely to fail if I make more than a couple changes before they are truely a habit. First 2 (only 1 day of drinking on the weekends and not getting crazy) and cooking healthy meals on my free day as well.

You have the right attitude. It's a lifestyle, not a quick fix, so you will ALWAYS be making adjustments. Keep them minor as you said and slowly get into better habits. It's a learning experience for all of us

Thanks
    See comments in bold

Thread Information