CoMarsh is offline New Member

wondering about calories

Im just wondering how much calorie deficit per day would be good for fat loss as 3500 calories = 1 pound of fat, how much fat could be lost in a week without losing muscle or how much calories to lose? as well as to prevent muscle loss.

n00bs is offline Member
    200 cal for food in general. Then create the defecit with exercise as you need food to recover and for nutrients so we dont want to cut our repair source.. So up resistance trainign to burn 500 cal

Simple..

fair enough, but I don't know how much cardio burns for calories or resistance training. cause Im planning to up my cardio.

n00bs is offline Member
    Cardio is a catabolic exercise...

Depending on the type.. When you say cardio i assume you mean aerobic.

Hit or itnerval training owuld be much better..

Tabata thrusters that sort of thing.. Steayd state cardio is useless for most people unless you are..

1.using
    2. have that muscle muscle mass that simply moving stimulates alot of muscle.(body builder powerlifter)

I dont know anyhting about you post diet and exercise routine with weights used..

cheers

n00bs

Right. sorry for not being clear and all. The most I could spend would be 30 min a day for intervals, like a 2 minutes sprint and 3 min jog thing for half an hour. But yeah my training regiment atm is, going to the gym twice a week cause thats the only time the school gym is open to me.
    e.g. would be
    40 minutes chest and triceps and 20 minutes back and biceps
    next session would be 40 minutes legs and 20 minutes back and biceps.

I tend to have a different time for deltoids, i'd usually do it at home.

Right now im doing 3 sets of 12 reps of light weight to stimulate my biceps in the morning on the work out days only. (read it from an article) Seem to be struggling for bicep development doesn't have a good length or peak.

noMuscles is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoMarsh View Post
    Right. sorry for not being clear and all. The most I could spend would be 30 min a day for intervals, like a 2 minutes sprint and 3 min jog thing for half an hour. But yeah my training regiment atm is, going to the gym twice a week cause thats the only time the school gym is open to me.
    e.g. would be
    40 minutes chest and triceps and 20 minutes back and biceps
    next session would be 40 minutes legs and 20 minutes back and biceps.

I tend to have a different time for deltoids, i'd usually do it at home.

Right now im doing 3 sets of 12 reps of light weight to stimulate my biceps in the morning on the work out days only. (read it from an article) Seem to be struggling for bicep development doesn't have a good length or peak.
    If you are only going to the gym twice a week that is severely hindering your ability to lose fat, because lifting weights helps burn calories too. I would say get a gym membership asap.

haha not that easy the least I could pay for the membership would be 250$ for 3 months, they dont do one month. Its pretty close and all. But im still in school at the moment, last year and exams are coming up in a few months. I've got the money for a bench press + preacher curl, leg curl and lat pull down. combined into one soo yeah. Probably gonna do that.

noMuscles is offline Junior Member
    Your school doesn't have a gym? My school actually had a really nice gym with like 8 power racks, and tons of plates, dumbells, etc. Most schools need them for their sports teams.

Yeah my school has a gym. but it is open only twice a week. Sad tho i've gotta bascily pick all the weights in the gym just for my leg press. My school isn't very sporty and all so yeah. Its tough but i'll have to make use of it.

Thread Information