Twin is offline Associate Member

Macros... are they really that important? or should i worry about them later

Currently 135 lb's. and im trying to bulk to 180 lb's by next year, and i already have a small stomach and am a picky eater.. I can force myself to eat, but i will barf it right up... And it has happened many times.

Could I just worry about eating 1 g protein per bodyweight, and eat 3,000 calories a day. and forget about the carbs and what not... when bulking to 180 lb's... and once im at 180 lb's i can start to clean up my diet etc.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Sure you can... just don't be surprised when you wake up one day and find you put on more bodyfat than LBM. IMO it's important to have your macros broken down and know what you're eating. If things aren't going the way you had hoped, how will you know what to adjust when you have no true snapshot of what you're eating?

Put the work in, it's a pain in the ass but worth it in the end.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Sure you can... just don't be surprised when you wake up one day and find you put on more bodyfat than LBM. IMO it's important to have your macros broken down and know what you're eating. If things aren't going the way you had hoped, how will you know what to adjust when you have no true snapshot of what you're eating?

Put the work in, it's a pain in the ass but worth it in the end.
    x2...if your going to do it then do it right....youll be happy that you did cus youll look so much better....who cares if you weigh 180 if you look like crap...

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    you are what you eat. If you eat clean whole foods with a balance of macros, you will feel better all along the way, and no "clean up" as you say, at the end.

The truth is I am fidgeting with my meal plan regularly, and to be honest, I find surprises. Lately, I've been spooning peanut butter several times a day, but never kept track. This morning I started thinking about it, added it up, and now I realize I'm eating like a cup of peanut butter each day. Too much fat. So i've been cutting down. Charting out your diet puts it all out there in black and white so you can see. I would guess many here "think" they are eating a clean balanced diet, but probably not as clean as they think because it's not charted out for them to see. Think of your body like a machine. Charting out your food consumption allows you to control your imputs. And then when you measure your outputs (overall weight, bf%), you can start to understand better how it all works. Once you understand, and learn your body, then you can say... what do i have to do to gain 5 lbs of lbm two months from now (sometimes tough to do!). When you really know your body and how it responds, you will then be able to answer that question.
    It's a process mate. I'm still trying to learn mine. It takes time.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twin View Post
    Currently 135 lb's. and im trying to bulk to 180 lb's by next year, and i already have a small stomach and am a picky eater.. I can force myself to eat, but i will barf it right up... And it has happened many times.

Could I just worry about eating 1 g protein per bodyweight, and eat 3,000 calories a day. and forget about the carbs and what not... when bulking to 180 lb's... and once im at 180 lb's i can start to clean up my diet etc.
    You won't look the way you want to. Do it right or regret it.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Macros are the foundation lol.

noMuscles is offline Junior Member
    It depends on how long you have been working out too, you might be able to put on 10-15 pounds from keeping your diet pretty similar for n00b gains, but these guys are right, if you want to get to 180 you are going to have to macro out your diet. It doesn't take too long, and many guys here will be happy to help you fix it up nicely once you lay out the basic plan.

Thread Information