Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    musclestack is offline Productive Member

How important are splits?

I know a lot of guys here suggest using a 40/40/20 split. I'm curious, what if I were to change the cab/fat split? Would using a 40/20/40 split be advisable if I were to still maintain my total daily caloric needs?

How bout a 40/30/30? A 40/15/45? Just curious....

Thanks!

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    sounds like a keto diet to me really.

SEAviator is offline Junior Member
    how important are splits?

well, IMO, carb prot and fat shouldnt be based on macros but on actual numbers.. for ex, protein x 1-1.5 fat x0.35-0,5 and carbs x rest of calories you need...

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Yes, I understand it may sound like a keto diet. But my question is can you substitute fats for carbs? And if so, to what extent?

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    Yes, I understand it may sound like a keto diet. But my question is can you substitute fats for carbs? And if so, to what extent?
    Yes and to a large extent. However, you need muscle glycogen to perform workouts with high intensity. Have you ever tried HIT on keto? How about playing in a division 1 hockey game? I have and it's fvcking horrible dude.

If the above scenarios apply to your lifestyle (trying to make big gains, play sports, etc) - you should substitute fats for carbs late in the day and during sedentary periods only. If your only goal is fat loss while maintaining most of your LBM, carbs can be substituted with fats but understand that unless you go 100% in and hit ketosis, you may be lethargic. It's really just better to run a balanced, healthy diet from the start which will eliminate the need for low-carb diets in the future.

Thread Information