Phigment is offline New Member

Former calorie counter having difficulty with transition

I am currently working on an ideal, as well as managable, diet plan for a clean bulk (no AAS) and still struggling with the concept of the large calorie counts I calculate needing. As a background, I lost about 25 pounds last winter through a strict low calorie diet and heavy cardio so now the thought of eating 3,000 calories flies in the face of this. I realize I need to eat right and train hard to reach my growth goals and wonder if others have had such trouble making the transition. I am use to only eating 3 sensible meals a day and never when I'm not hungry so moving to 6-8 meals, each of substance, is going to be difficult.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phigment View Post
    I am currently working on an ideal, as well as managable, diet plan for a clean bulk (no AAS) and still struggling with the concept of the large calorie counts I calculate needing. As a background, I lost about 25 pounds last winter through a strict low calorie diet and heavy cardio so now the thought of eating 3,000 calories flies in the face of this. I realize I need to eat right and train hard to reach my growth goals and wonder if others have had such trouble making the transition. I am use to only eating 3 sensible meals a day and never when I'm not hungry so moving to 6-8 meals, each of substance, is going to be difficult.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
    Just do it or accept that you won't grow. What's the worst that can happen? You'll feel full? Big deal.

Advice on making it easier:
    Up the cals to your goal of 3000 over the course of a week or two as your stomach expands. Start with 6-8 small meals all containing at least 40g of protein or so and then up the carbs/fats day by day to reach desired ratio/caloric intake. Drink a lot of water as this will help expand your stomach.

Sorry I'm not sympathetic but I'm constantly hungry, even when eating 4000 cals. I wish I wasn't, it would make my life easier.

Thread Information