Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: keto

bigcwithane is offline Member
    i think wm is more of a pwo carb source. i use oats pre and post

digismash is offline Associate Member
    nevermind, in his video palumbo says pre workout is 40g pro 40g waxy maize, and tbsp oil/fat to slow absorption, and post same but no oil, to speed absorption!

Should I eat some fats pwo. I read that it should be a pro only meal and that is the only time you should ever do it on ckd but then I read that fat is fine pwo. So many confusing things hahaha

digismash is offline Associate Member
    I'm on ckd but switching to Palumbo Keto, I had fats with pre but not post, for faster absorption, that was just my call, not sure the correct way

well i plan on having them pre, not post tho because fat slows absorption

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    I'd have fats PWO. It's asinine to think that some fat in your PWO shake will defeat the purpose of a fast recovery shake. IMO, it's quite important to have an energy source in the PWO.
    If you don't do fats PWO, do them 30-45 minutes later in the following whole food meal.

okay he is the sample

cal/fat/carb/protein

6:30 meal 1
    3 whole eggs
    220/15/1/19
    1 egg white
    17/0/0/4
    1/4 cup colby cheese
    110/9/1/7
    total 350/24/2/29

9:00 meal 2
    1 can tuna
    100/1/0/26
    2tbsp EVO
    240/27/0/0

11:30 meal 3
    4oz. wild atlantic salmon
    160/7/0/22
    1.5tbsp EVO
    180/20/0/0

1:30 meal 4 (preworkout)
    1 scoop whey
    120/1/3/24
    2tbsp natty pb
    170/11/8/10
    1tbsp almond oil
    120/14/0/0

4:30 meal 5 (pwo shake)
    1 scoop whey
    120/1/3/24

5:00 meal 6
    4oz chicken breast
    100/1/0/23
    5oz. Avocados
    225/20/12/3

7:30 meal 7
    4oz chicken breast
    100/1/0/24
    2tbsp EVO
    240/27/0/0

daily total- 2510kcal, 167g fat, 39g carb, 218g protein
    total-2500kcal,180g fat, 0 carb,220g protein

close enough?

look good?
    and i figured out the reload from lye mcdonalds article its said the first 24hr(friday afternoon to sat. afternoon) reload should be 70%carb 15%protein 15%fat so 680g carb, 150g protein, and keep fat low
    the second 24hrs(sat. afternoon to sunday afternoon) is only 5g of carbs per lbm so it 340g carb, 220g protein and low fat

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    I'd have fats PWO. It's asinine to think that some fat in your PWO shake will defeat the purpose of a fast recovery shake. IMO, it's quite important to have an energy source in the PWO.
    If you don't do fats PWO, do them 30-45 minutes later in the following whole food meal.

so its okay if i dont have fats present pwo because i have them in my ppwo meal which is 30 min after.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Personally, I can't see you losing weight at a 48-hour carb load. Only one way to find out. GIve yourself 10-14 keto days before your first refeed.

As for the diet, fats are too high. Lower fat portions at almost every meal. 60% of total cals from fat, not 75.

okay but if im running a 2500cal diet and 65% is fat thank wouldnt i get my total buy 2500x.65 which equals 1625cal from fat. im only gettign a little more than 1500cal via fat. so how is that too much?

should i lower my cal to 2300 then because me tdee is around 2800 and gbrice said he would go no lower than 2500 im really getting confused. stressing out haha

also im only doing 24 hours but i dont want to wake up in the night to eat so if i start at 5pm friday after my workout and go to bed at 12am then wake up sat at 9am should i eat until 12am then sleep until 9 and eat carbs from 9-5 on sunday. im getting super confused. honestly im getting mad at myself i feel stupid right now because i thought it was all ready but i guess not.

No more help on ckd?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcwithane View Post
    okay but if im running a 2500cal diet and 65% is fat thank wouldnt i get my total buy 2500x.65 which equals 1625cal from fat. im only gettign a little more than 1500cal via fat. so how is that too much?
    Based on a 2500 calorie diet, your calculations are right - 60% from fat would be around 1500 calories, or 167g.

should i lower my cal to 2300 then because me tdee is around 2800 and gbrice said he would go no lower than 2500 im really getting confused. stressing out haha
    I would start off at 2500 and see how you make out. I'm not saying you shouldn't ever drop to 2300, i'm saying don't start there. Work your way down if you have to, if you don't see results. But in my experience, keto + a large deficit = loss of LBM.

I agree with Damien about the 48 hour carb load - as I mentioned, I ran this same diet in the past and looking back, I think the carb loads had alot to do with my lack of progress. IMO 48 hours is way too long, glycogen stores are PLENTY full within 24 hours of carbing up. Even 24 hours is alot IMO. If I were to do it over, I would do 1 huge cheat meal with plenty of carbs, but I wouldn't do a typical 'carb up' that lasted any measurable length of time.

also im only doing 24 hours but i dont want to wake up in the night to eat so if i start at 5pm friday after my workout and go to bed at 12am then wake up sat at 9am should i eat until 12am then sleep until 9 and eat carbs from 9-5 on sunday. im getting super confused. honestly im getting mad at myself i feel stupid right now because i thought it was all ready but i guess not.
    Oh lol ok well that answers that! Sorry, I missed this the first time I read it. I would not do Sunday, I would stick to Friday 5pm after your workout until you go to bed. Wake up the next day and keep eating carbs, taper off back to protein/fat meals somewhere around the 5pm mark. You do not need 24 continuous hours of eating carbs.

So from 5 on Fri an then to 5 on sat. Also I'm eating 500 g carbs to start should I just split them up evenly because I did save it set to do from Fri night to Sunday breakfast and I just splt it up to 40g per meal

So from 5 on Fri an then to 5 on sat. Also I'm eating 500 g carbs to start should I just split them up evenly because I did save it set to do from Fri night to Sunday breakfast and I just splt it up to 40g per meal
    Yes, i'd split it pretty evenly over your meals in that 24 hour period.

Also I'm going to be sleeping so should I make it Fri evening all day sat

Also I'm going to be sleeping so should I make it Fri evening all day sat
    Nope, like I said - try a 24 hour period - that doesn't mean you need to be eating that entire 24 hours. 5pm Friday until you go to sleep, then wake up Sat. morning and continue until 5pm. IMO that's plenty of time to refeed.

Okay also should carbs be higher on Friday than taper to lower on sat on the gi scale and the amount

nvm i already asked this haha im just making sure i have it all down thanks for your help. ill post up the diet later

Okay also should carbs be higher on Friday than taper to lower on sat on the gi scale and the amount
    Probably, if you're following CKD. Me personally, I never paid attention - as long as i was eating carbs, that's all I cared about. I didn't get all scientific with it, which is kind of why I hated CKD. Who wants to think about their diet THAT much?!!

Ishallnocheatmyself is offline Associate Member
    Yeah so im off this Completely i could not mentally get around the concept of eating that much fat, i felt really low all the time and could barely move out of my house i lost around 5 pounds but i was lazy in the gym and couldnt put up any weight , i think im going to try a 40 40 / 20 and just bust my ass on cardio seems to work fo alot of people..

I guess its just not for my body hope you have success with it brotha!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishallnocheatmyself View Post
    Yeah so im off this Completely i could not mentally get around the concept of eating that much fat, i felt really low all the time and could barely move out of my house i lost around 5 pounds but i was lazy in the gym and couldnt put up any weight , i think im going to try a 40 40 / 20 and just bust my ass on cardio seems to work fo alot of people..

I guess its just not for my body hope you have success with it brotha!
    ^^ x2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information