bodybuilder is offline Senior Member

butter or honey.

Every morning before my workout i have 2 slices of whole weat bread with eather light butter or 100% reall honey. Which do you think is best when tring to drop body fat, honey or butter?

SuperBird is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbulllock View Post
    Every morning before my workout i have 2 slices of whole weat bread with eather light butter or 100% reall honey. Which do you think is best when tring to drop body fat, honey or butter?
    100 percent pure honey !!!!

i use two huge bottles of pure honey each week at the least very least. and it doesnt hurt me in the very least. not at all. if you spend a fair amount of time in the gym each week (in my case) and i believe anyone else..... you wont see any difference.

but i will certainly advocate pure honey for everything!!!!! me and my girlfriend just laid in bed yesterday morning watching tv and suckiing from the bottle. and then she playfully enjoyed a little her way. i cant have enough honey that ive ever seen it hurt me in anyway. its my only cheat.

Thats what i thought all it has is a little bit of carbs and sugar.

LBSOMEIRON is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbulllock View Post
    Thats what i thought all it has is a little bit of carbs and sugar.
    What about neither?

Try spray butter, splenda and cinnamon.....perfecto

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    If dropping bodyfat is a big concern, I wouldn't use either. Granted, honey is relatively low GI for what it is, and maybe it won't hurt, but it absolutely won't help in the least either. Point being if you're eating X amount of grams of carbs/day in the form of honey, you could be getting those same grams from a good complex carb source that would be more conducive to a cutting diet IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    If dropping bodyfat is a big concern
    thats the key statement. im clean most of the time. lately i wanted to melt my belt line, but its already gone now. i didnt even work hard at it.

for me, fat is never an issue. so i enjoy what i can. some things were meant to be enjoyed if your body stays clean.

now obviously if a man is a marshmallow naturally and strict body building is the only thing saving him. stay off of everything. thats even my motto. but im not that guy. naturally,.. im built pretty decent if i quit body building so i personally can enjoy the honey. all that i want. hahahah. i never forget to mention how grateful i am for my luck. i avoid everything, everything except for honey. i try to maintain a 100 percent clean diet. but i love honey.

i have a friend that genetically, he is ripped. shredded. drinks cokes, twinkies, all the junk food you can imagine, he watches tv at night with ruffles and french onion dip. hes 45. and when he goes to the gym once every 2 years, its only muscle that comes his way. theres no sense in telling that guy you should stay off the honey. hahahah. for some reason some people just dont have to play by the rules. must be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBird View Post
    for me, fat is never an issue. so i enjoy what i can. some things were meant to be enjoyed if your body stays clean.

Braggart!

i have a friend that genetically, he is ripped. shredded. drinks cokes, twinkies, all the junk food you can imagine, he watches tv at night with ruffles and french onion dip. hes 45. and when he goes to the gym once every 2 years, its only muscle that comes his way. theres no sense in telling that guy you should stay off the honey. hahahah. for some reason some people just dont have to play by the rules. must be nice.

Agreed, it must be. Sadly, that's a pleasure i'll never know.
    ^^^^

so gbrice you recomend i just eat the toast just like that with nothing added?

LBSOMEIRON is offline Banned
    He's saying it depends on your caloric intake for the day, your goals, your genetics, etc.

Personally, I don't have the need to add either. That's just me.

If it were me, I wouldn't even eat the bread on a cutting diet. I'd go with a cleaner better carb source such as oats.

tembe is offline Member
    honey is actually a pretty great carb for dieting.

It is fast absorbed and yet it has a low gi rating of only 58. with sweet potato at 56.

So basically utilise honey around morning, pre or post workout meal and it wouldnt be too bad at all. Basically I believe if you used it anywhere other then night it would be fine as most likely you would burn it off.

For example I have oats in the morning with a tspn of 100% natural honey and some blueberries. I then have the same meal post workout for dinner along with some chicken and spinach. Weird combo but i love it. I have the chicken and spinach first. Then make my oats!

Whats your opinion on that Gbrice?

Yah since i hit the gym first thing in the morning i eat about 2 slices with honey before i head out.

tembe is offline Member
    i wouldnt hit the bread but mate

hahaha

i eat oats

bread i dunno..not a fan of when cutting

100 percent oat/wheat bread is about the same thing as a finished dish of oatmeal. i get 100 percent oat/wheat bread, no sugar, soft as hell close to me. toasts up nice and crispy. nice spread of honey on that would be really good.

but i found ants in it last time. those wacky asians and their filthy kitchens. but i read afterwards that ants are good for you.

yah ants have a little protin lol. I hve been eating 100 percent oat/wheat bread i figuerd it cant be bad but ill hit some oats now.

Thread Information