richtries is offline Associate Member

rough outline for lean bulker, 1-10? (macro's to follow if seems ok)

How do you rate this guys as a lean bulker for someone just getting into gym, just want to get some opinions before I work out all macro's etc

Meal 1; 5 whole eggs scrambled, use one calorie olive oil spray on pan or macadamia nut oil (though have yet to find this), with two slices of wholemeal bread buttered with olive oil spread.

Meal 2; Protein shake on train with one tbsp olive or nut oil

Meal 3; Ring pull can of tuna in olive oil (will show you where these are in tesco), with rocket salad or similar, dash of balsamic vinegar (take all this unopened in tupperware box to work easy peasy). Or can buy salad out somehwere.

Meal 4 (post weights); Protein shake with 50-100g maltodextrin

Meal 5; Chicken breast (cut into strips seasoned with sea salt/black pepper) with fibrous veg (anything green basically), with tbsp of full fat mayo/olive oil/nut oil

Meal 6; 1 tub of full fat cottage cheese (there are lots of things you can do with this will find some ideas for you). I usually just put in blender with one scoop of protein and ice/water plus some sweetener.

On a scale of 1-10, plus any suggestions more than welcome. thanks.

LBSOMEIRON is offline Banned
    I was going to give you a high '3' since you are afraid of carbs and you used the term 'lean bulker' which I for one, don't understand. Isn't it an oxymoron?

But instead, I'm giving you an IC - Incomplete because you failed to list the macros of each meal ( how do we know if that's a 3oz chicken breast or a 30oz or a gallon tub of CC or a 4oz handy pack?) AND you didn't give us your stats.

So, come back next term.

Class dismissed.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by richtries View Post
    How do you rate this guys as a lean bulker for someone just getting into gym, just want to get some opinions before I work out all macro's etc

Meal 1; 5 whole eggs scrambled, use one calorie olive oil spray on pan or macadamia nut oil (though have yet to find this), with two slices of wholemeal bread buttered with olive oil spread.

I would make it 2-3 whole eggs, 4-6 whites. Rather see oats then the bread - and btw that's ALOT of fat in one sitting

Meal 2; Protein shake on train with one tbsp olive or nut oil

Why not real food here? Scrap this meal and eat 6-8oz lean protein and roughly 40-50g complex carbs

Meal 3; Ring pull can of tuna in olive oil (will show you where these are in tesco), with rocket salad or similar, dash of balsamic vinegar (take all this unopened in tupperware box to work easy peasy). Or can buy salad out somehwere.

I'd rather see a protein/carb meal here since it's pre-workout. In that case, i'd go with tuna in water to try and keep fat/carb meals separate.

Meal 4 (post weights); Protein shake with 50-100g maltodextrin

Ok, although i'm not a fan of the maltodextrin school. I'd rather see oats, or waxy maize, or vitagro.

Meal 5; Chicken breast (cut into strips seasoned with sea salt/black pepper) with fibrous veg (anything green basically), with tbsp of full fat mayo/olive oil/nut oil

Good meal minus the mayo - but it won't kill you

Meal 6; 1 tub of full fat cottage cheese (there are lots of things you can do with this will find some ideas for you). I usually just put in blender with one scoop of protein and ice/water plus some sweetener.

Good food choice

On a scale of 1-10, plus any suggestions more than welcome. thanks.
    I did what I could with your diet, considering the gross lack of info. Not only didn't you include macros, you didn't even give portion sizes. Like LB said, how are we supposed to have any clue as to how much you're eating?

I'd give your diet as is a 4. It can be improved drastically. I made some comments above in bold. Come back when your ready with all the info, post it up and we'll help you sort it out further.

K guys will put a little more effort in here goes, although I wont add macro's until you let me know I am on the right track, my mate just wants to 'tone' up, you know like what everyone does who isn't that clued up.

Meal 1
    4 whole eggs, 2 egg whites, two slices wholemal bread

Meal 2
    1 scp whey with 1 tbsp olive oil

Meal 3
    200g tuna, 100g rocket salad, 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar

Meal 4
    Repeat of above

Meal 5 (PWO)
    1 scp of whey, 50-100g maltodextrin

Meal 6
    300g cottage cheese, 1 scp whey

I know it is heavily reliant on whey and there are very little slow release carbs but this guy is used to only your standard breakfast/lunch/dinner, he already thinks its loads of food, so I thought i'd ease him in slowly.

Let me know your thoughts.

I know

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    I'm not sure i get the lean bulking diet concept either.

Are you kidding me right now dude?

Did you read a single thing in any of the replies.

I asked for the macros and his stats. You supplied neither.

GB made a critique. You adopted pretty much nothing.

You have no business writing a diet. The macros if each meal and in total should be the first assessment.

I'd rather see meal #1. 40g pro/ 40 carb 20% fat (example) than food choices

Done wasting my time. Have your dude write his own and them have him come in a lnd we'll help him.

Later

Quote Originally Posted by LBSOMEIRON View Post
    Are you kidding me right now dude?

Did you read a single thing in any of the replies.

I asked for the macros and his stats. You supplied neither.

GB made a critique. You adopted pretty much nothing.

You have no business writing a diet. The macros if each meal and in total should be the first assessment.

I'd rather see meal #1. 40g pro/ 40 carb 20% fat (example) than food choices

Done wasting my time. Have your dude write his own and them have him come in a lnd we'll help him.

Later
    And if you read the title of the post it says "a rough outline"!!!

I took as much on board from gb as I thought possible given the guys situation and amount of effort he is willing to put in.

Christ all i really wanted to know was what to include in each meal i.e pro/carb/fats based on his goals. He'll eat small portions of everything, he is not going to weigh his food so macro's are not applicable here.

Guess i'll just do a search instead, wished i'd have done that from the beginning now pffffff

Quote Originally Posted by richtries View Post
    And if you read the title of the post it says "a rough outline"!!!

I took as much on board from gb as I thought possible given the guys situation and amount of effort he is willing to put in.

Christ all i really wanted to know was what to include in each meal i.e pro/carb/fats based on his goals. He'll eat small portions of everything, he is not going to weigh his food so macro's are not applicable here.

Guess i'll just do a search instead, wished i'd have done that from the beginning now pffffff

Thread Information