cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Tricks of the trade - Eating food that tastes nasty

Calling all freaks. I need your top secrets on how to eat this dog shit food. So far I have these whipped:

Egg whites - mix in blender with stuff that tastes good like yogurt
    Oats - again in blender
    Tuna - Mix with small amt fat free mayo.. wont even have to taste that shit
    Chicken - dip in custom low fat dip made out of honey mustard, dijon and honey mustard dressing. Soak pot in sink and clean right before cooking everytime to save time.
    Yams - Wrap in paper towel. Heat 3 minutes microwave on one side on a plate. Turn over. Heat an additional 3 minutes. Split that b open it tastes delicious just like souffleed yam. Have f-d around with the oven two different ways on yams and couldn't get it to taste this good.

I'm looking for help with other foods.. Brown Rice do I need to cook up a big batch and leave it in the fridge?

What about lean beef.. that stuff tastes like an ass sandwich in the past when I have tried to use it for meatballs.

I am one of the few people that likes all types of beans. Whats best for beans?

Hit me with your top secrets; I just unloaded all of mine

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    Lol i feel your pain all my food taste like cardboard. Lets hope someone with some experiance gives us a helping hand.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Have you heard of spices? or herbs? Basil, Tumeric, Oregano, All Spice, Lemon Pepper, Marjoram, Paprika, the list goes on. I can get tons of fresh herbs at my local farmers market, depends where you live what will be available.

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Cook the brown Rice in 1/2 water 1/2 Chicken stock. Sautee some veggies in olive oil salt and pepper and mix them in the rice.
    Try Quinoa. It tastes better

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I make my brown rice 'chinese fried rice' style. Start by boiling the rice as usual. Large dice and saute an onion - very quick, no more than a minute. Add an egg or two to the onions and scramble quickly, about another minute. Add both to your cooked rice, and then use low sodium soy sauce to taste. It's not gonna taste like your local chinese food joint, but it's alot better then plain brown rice IMO. You can take it further and add shrimp, chicken, beef, scallops, basically whatever protein you'd like.

shadowlid is offline Associate Member
    I got one for the oats. I mix protein powder in them. Muscle milk taste awesome. But it has sat fat. The cheap strawberry stuff from gnc and walmart taste pretty good as well.

I like tuna pretty well as long as its in like olive oil and its solid pieces. For the mush stuff. Just hold your nose and gulp!!

One way i have found to make brown rice taste a little better is get beef and chicken stuff from oddles and noddles.,

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    See i personally like the taste of every food you have listed, just plain as it is. The only thing is i get really tired of tuna. At one point i was eating 14-16 cans of tuna a week. So now the taste is getting bad. I just eat every bite with a gulp of water. It disingrates the tuna and just swallow it as is.

My major food problems comes with broccoli, spinach, and asparagass. Which i still havent food any secret for at all!

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    brown rice - cook with chicken broth added to the water. gives it flavor

lean beef - i add egg whites, oats, taco seasoning or other herbs to

chicken - marinate in salt free marinade

tuna - i make tuna patties. add eggs, oats, teriyaki sauce. make into burger looking things and bake. tastes nothing like tuna

tuna - lemon juice

oats- i just put in a shaker cup with cold water and drink in a few gulps.

cottage cheese - add splenda, cocoa powder or the fat free/sugar free chocolate pudding powder to it. tastes like candy

sweet potatoes - splenda, cinnamon, calorie free butter spray

eggs - add salsa, and fat free shredded cheddar cheese, also add turkey pepperoni slices

Quote Originally Posted by goode80 View Post
    See i personally like the taste of every food you have listed, just plain as it is. The only thing is i get really tired of tuna. At one point i was eating 14-16 cans of tuna a week. So now the taste is getting bad. I just eat every bite with a gulp of water. It disingrates the tuna and just swallow it as is.

My major food problems comes with broccoli, spinach, and asparagass. Which i still havent food any secret for at all!
    for the Spinach try this...

put water, spinach and CRYSTAL LITE drink mix in blender. put in blender... and chug that shit

swear you dont taste the spinach at all!! tastes just like crystal like.

only bad thing is the consistancy of it. still feel the stems and shit. but def better

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Dukkitdalaw, thankyou been looking for a way for so long to drink these items lol. I can definately down a glass of something easier then trying to for e eat it. Thanks for the tip. Any others like this??

Quote Originally Posted by goode80 View Post
    Dukkitdalaw, thankyou been looking for a way for so long to drink these items lol. I can definately down a glass of something easier then trying to for e eat it. Thanks for the tip. Any others like this??
    if you really lazy you can also add your oats and tuna to the spinach and crystal lite.

it all ends up tasting like crystal lite. chug it and your whole meal is down in minutes

also in terms of the cottage cheese... you can make a shake of it.

In blender - add the cottage cheese, milk, natty peanut butter, cocoa powder, splenda, cinnamon.

blend and drink...

tastes like chocolate shake.

alot of ppl dont like cottage cheese so this is a way to bang it out

i drink the cottage cheese shake everynight before bed

i def recommend trying the tuna patties

sooo damn good.

also instead of cottage cheese

find Fat free Greek Yogurt. Almost identical macros. Better taste without cottage cheese chunks.

How do you guys cook your steak and chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by pitbulllock View Post
    How do you guys cook your steak and chicken.
    i let them both marinade for a few days.

i sautee the chicken in small pieces so i can weigh it out

i grill the steak and eat till im full. lol

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    i let them both marinade for a few days.

i sautee the chicken in small pieces so i can weigh it out

i grill the steak and eat till im full. lol
    x2. Marinades go a LONG way and make chicken in mass quantity to be tolerable. Same with steak although it's alot easier to eat in general, IMO.

Blog Entries
    A few things

#1 You guys way exceeded my expectations. Thank you so much I just made a grocery list with the stuff from this thread.

#2 I have bloat problems right now and Im trying to go sodium / salt free. I know this is asking a lot but if you guys have time to mention specifics and details on stuff thats sodium free, im planning on making a list to use over and over for shopping. I just added red pepper spice and minced onion to my brown rice and I think they are sodium free but its hard to tell by the label.

#3 Mercury. How do you guys feel about mercury.. do you take it into consideration when consuming things like tuna, knowing it could have a serious effect on your health later on?
    Last edited by cherrydrpepper; 08-30-2010 at 01:11 PM.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    chicken.. i boil mine.. 12 breast per.. = 24 meals.. (yes they are big) 8 oz split.

the trick is to bring to a boil, cook for 20 minutes, then allow them to stay in the broth with no heat and return to room temp..

then remove and make up the meals in single serve containers..

1 breast... 1 cup green beans (frozen) 1/2 cup brown rice.. or ( uncle ben converted rice) ..

sauces.. learn low sodium,,, but more importantly low to 0 sugars..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

For sodium info

scroll down on page. theres a listing for veggies. as well as everything else

http://www.healthyeatingclub.org/inf...ta/data5a.html

i also suggest this... http://www.mrsdash.com/
    they make salt free seasonings, marinades/sauces

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    chicken.. i boil mine.. 12 breast per.. = 24 meals.. (yes they are big) 8 oz split.

the trick is to bring to a boil, cook for 20 minutes, then allow them to stay in the broth with no heat and return to room temp..

then remove and make up the meals in single serve containers..

1 breast... 1 cup green beans (frozen) 1/2 cup brown rice.. or ( uncle ben converted rice) ..

sauces.. learn low sodium,,, but more importantly low to 0 sugars..
    My chicken is constantly coming out tough, dry or undercooked.

You boil your chicken for 20 minutes? Do you have it on medium (number 5) the whole time or hotter than that?

G.P. is offline Junior Member
    x2 on dukkitdalaw's tuna patties. lots of ways to change them up. I also like to bbq as much as I can when I have the time. even plain stuff tastes a lot better to me that way.

How about drinks? do you guys drink soda or juice or just stickly water.

I love on water and diet root beer.

water and calorie free drink mixes.

like crystal lite. they got tea, hawaiin punch, lemonade. etc

and milk. im always drinking milk. especially chocolate milk

everynow and then its a coke zero

tjax03 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post

You boil your chicken for 20 minutes? Do you have it on medium (number 5) the whole time or hotter than that?
    It doesn't matter what temp the stove is on, as long as the water is actually boiling. Boiling water is always the exact same temperature (100 degrees C)

cool lemonade and hawaiin punch. I always feel guilty when i drink those since i am tring to shred body fat.

SuperBird is offline Associate Member
    tuna - i make tuna patties. add eggs, oats, teriyaki sauce. make into burger looking things and bake. tastes nothing like tuna
    righteous.

#3 Mercury. How do you guys feel about mercury.. do you take it into consideration when consuming things like tuna, knowing it could have a serious effect on your health later on?
    You cant eat enough tuna to hurt you in the least bit, unless you are under 6 years old. its because it effects growing toddlers nervous system. once the nervous system is developed there is not enough in tuna to hurt you...at any consumption..... fathomable a least. there is no study for 50lbs per day.

broil. under a sheet of reynolds wrap to keep the moisture in and protection from the heating element drying you out. i love all seasons salt to cook, and then slathered with pure honey on the plate.

water and calorie free drink mixes.
    like crystal lite. they got tea, hawaiin punch, lemonade. etc
    and milk. im always drinking milk. especially chocolate milk
    everynow and then its a coke zero
    my drink list.

its 4am and im eating tuna from a can, with soysauce/vinegar/lemon juice poured straight into the can. washing it down with ice cold water.
    Last edited by SuperBird; 08-31-2010 at 01:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tjax03 View Post
    It doesn't matter what temp the stove is on, as long as the water is actually boiling. Boiling water is always the exact same temperature (100 degrees C)
    Good to know I forgot this

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBird View Post
    its 4am and im eating tuna from a can, with soysauce/vinegar/lemon juice poured straight into the can. washing it down with ice cold water.
    thats pimp

I bumped this thread because I wanted to know

Does anyone have a good lean chili recipe? I prefer it with beans and beef but im willing to try anything (i.e. chicken , steak etc)

SomeRandomGuy is offline Associate Member
    I put two, three serving cans of tuna in a blender and chug it down in one gulp. That's 90 grams of protein, and there's no way I could eat that dry... Noone else would dare do it, but it's not that bad .

LBSOMEIRON is offline Banned
    If you have an issue with dry chicken, invest in a crock pot. Seriously. You can throw a couple or a couple ten (depending on the size) and let that thing run all day....when it's done, it's like butter...no knife, no nothing.

Just my $.02.

I've learned to tolerate everything. My first trainer made me blend whatever portion of the meal I couldn't finish - so Ive had ssome nasty shit.

Try cooking oats with egg/egg whites then adding a scop of protein and a tb of pb....heaven

I bumped this thread because I wanted to know

Does anyone have a good lean chili recipe? I prefer it with beans and beef but im willing to try anything (i.e. chicken , steak etc)
    i had chili made with diced/cubed chicken breast and it was just as good as regular beef chili. every bit. i cooked it exactly the way i had been doing regular chili. that was when was on my crockpot kick for about two months trying everything. then my mom hijacked my crockpot. hahahha i love you mom.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    I put two, three serving cans of tuna in a blender and chug it down in one gulp. That's 90 grams of protein, and there's no way I could eat that dry... Noone else would dare do it, but it's not that bad .
    im going to try this with a peppery warm tomato juice.

charcold is offline Associate Member
    I cook my chicken in water, throw it in the over

Why would anybody need 90g protein in one sitting??

LBSOMEIRON is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Why would anybody need 90g protein in one sitting??
    ^^ to get swole?

Why would anyone drink a tuna shake if they didn't have to?

Trust that there are many EASIER choices.

Quote Originally Posted by LBSOMEIRON View Post
    ^^ to get swole?

Why would anyone drink a tuna shake if they didn't have to?

Trust that there are many EASIER choices.
    My point was that 90g of protein in one sitting is overkill, no matter who you are. Your body can only process so much at one time, which is why people in the sport generally do 7-8 meals/day each containing 25-50g protein, depending on your needs and goals.

elcrisp76 is offline Junior Member
    I do the same, but instead of oats some sweet potato.. Prepare a bunch in advance for simple on-the-run protein/carb meals..

Its a bit sad they're predicting that tuna may soon be on the endangered list.. I know I'm contributing my fair share

drewdtf is offline New Member
    yea lemon juice can really help you get the tuna down. little pepper and a bunch of lemon juice shits great right out of the can like that.

SomeRandomGuy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    My point was that 90g of protein in one sitting is overkill, no matter who you are. Your body can only process so much at one time, which is why people in the sport generally do 7-8 meals/day each containing 25-50g protein, depending on your needs and goals.
    Well... I weight 240lbs. I should be eating 1.5g/lb; 360g of protein/day.

If I eat 6 500 calorie meals with 50g of protein in each meal, I only get 300g. 60g is the magic number. But lets say I only had 40g for one meal, you're saying I can't make that up with the next meal?

Another thing, is it 1.5g per lb of total body weight, or per lb of lean body mass?
    The way I read it online is your total body weight.

Anyhow I dropped the shake to 1 can/3 servings = 45g protein.

Drinking tuna doesn't taste bad at all to me, one gulp and it's gone and it just tastes like ground up fish. No bad aftertaste or anything. It's not great, but it's not bad either.

Like Duff beer...........

It's not great, but it's not bad either.

Thread Information