Harry Manback is offline Junior Member

Help critique my lean bulk diet

I just put together a rough draft of a bulking type diet. I'm looking to lean bulk more than all out bulk. Take a look, critique as need be so I can create an optimal diet. Gear to be run along side my diet is 700mg test prop/700mg NPP and 275mg tren ace to help partition the food. Yes, it's two 19nor's, but it's been done before. Nothing ground breaking here. It's a low dose of tren to clean up the excess. I chose it over a low dose T3 for personal reasons. I'm here for the diet advice.

5'9.5"
    11%

I hover around the low 220's, but I'm currently on a ridiculous competition cut diet.

Here's the diet (remember, these are just blueprints at the moment):

7:30 – 9 Eggs (6 white / 3 whole), 1 cup oats, 1 TBSP natty PB
    eggs – 13.5-F / 0-C / 42-P / 390-Cal
    PB – 8-F / 3.5-C / 4-P / 95-Cal
    oats – 6-F / 54-C / 10-P / 300-Cal

10:00 – Turkey sandwich on organic WW, Chobani plain Greek yogurt
    2 slices WW – 3-F / 38-C / 10-P / 200-Cal
    4oz. Turkey – 2-F / 0-C / 26-P / 120-Cal
    Chobani – 0-F / 7-C / 18-P / 100-Cal

1:15 – 10oz. 93% ground beef, 2 cups WW pasta
    beef – 23-F / 0-C / 45-P / 400-Cal
    pasta – 4.5-F / 123-C / 21-P / 630-Cal

4:00 – 10oz. Chicken, 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup spinach
    chicken – 2-F / 0-C / 52-P / 220-Cal
    rice – 0-F / 33-C / 4-P / 150-Cal
    spinach – 0-F / 8-C / 2-P / 35-Cal

5:30 – Gym (10g-BCAA, 5g-Creatine Mono)

7:15 – Post workout Shake
    whey isolate – 3-F / 15-C / 72-P / 375-Cal
    dextrose – 0-F / 36-C / 0-P / 140-Cal

8:30 – 10oz.Chicken, 3 cups broccoli
    chicken - 2-F / 0-C / 52-P / 220-Cal
    broccoli – 0-F / 10-C / 3-P / 75-Cal

10:30 – Casein
    casein – 2-F / 14-C / 48-P / 260-Cal

TOTAL – 3710 Calories

69g Fat
    342g Carbs
    409g Protein

Supps that I take:

NOW ADAM
    NOW Super EPA
    Liv52
    NOW SAM-e
    NOW 5-HTP
    NOW Melatonin

Fire away...

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Manback View Post
    I just put together a rough draft of a bulking type diet. I'm looking to lean bulk more than all out bulk. Take a look, critique as need be so I can create an optimal diet. Gear to be run along side my diet is 700mg test prop/700mg NPP and 275mg tren ace to help partition the food. Yes, it's two 19nor's, but it's been done before. Nothing ground breaking here. It's a low dose of tren to clean up the excess. I chose it over a low dose T3 for personal reasons. I'm here for the diet advice.

5'9.5"
    11%

Based on your stats, it sounds like you'll do very well on this cycle

I hover around the low 220's, but I'm currently on a ridiculous competition cut diet.

Here's the diet (remember, these are just blueprints at the moment):

7:30 – 9 Eggs (6 white / 3 whole), 1 cup oats, 1 TBSP natty PB
    eggs – 13.5-F / 0-C / 42-P / 390-Cal
    PB – 8-F / 3.5-C / 4-P / 95-Cal
    oats – 6-F / 54-C / 10-P / 300-Cal

There's enough fat in this meal without the PB IMO, i'd drop it. Add 1/2 cup berries to your oats if you want

10:00 – Turkey sandwich on organic WW, Chobani plain Greek yogurt
    2 slices WW – 3-F / 38-C / 10-P / 200-Cal
    4oz. Turkey – 2-F / 0-C / 26-P / 120-Cal
    Chobani – 0-F / 7-C / 18-P / 100-Cal

Is this deli/cold cut turkey? Bad choice bro, honestly. Highly processed, tons of preservatives and sodium. Replace with a better lean protein source - 4oz chicken breast, lean beef, fish, etc. Make sure the WW bread is very good quality, something like Ezekeil. I've recently started eating those Chobani yogurts and I like em - been mixing in splenda and cinnamon just to flavor the plain up a bit

1:15 – 10oz. 93% ground beef, 2 cups WW pasta
    beef – 23-F / 0-C / 45-P / 400-Cal
    pasta – 4.5-F / 123-C / 21-P / 630-Cal

I'm not a fan of meals that are both carb and fat heavy, and this one most definitely is. If you want to keep this meal, try and go with a lean ground turkey or chicken. I used to eat it everyday, there's one brand that's 1g fat for 4oz meat. They're out there.

4:00 – 10oz. Chicken, 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup spinach
    chicken – 2-F / 0-C / 52-P / 220-Cal
    rice – 0-F / 33-C / 4-P / 150-Cal
    spinach – 0-F / 8-C / 2-P / 35-Cal

Nice meal

5:30 – Gym (10g-BCAA, 5g-Creatine Mono)

7:15 – Post workout Shake
    whey isolate – 3-F / 15-C / 72-P / 375-Cal
    dextrose – 0-F / 36-C / 0-P / 140-Cal

Consider replacing the dextrose with oats, waxy maize or vitagro. I'm personally not a fan of the dextrose/maltodextrin thing, but of course this is your choice

8:30 – 10oz.Chicken, 3 cups broccoli
    chicken - 2-F / 0-C / 52-P / 220-Cal
    broccoli – 0-F / 10-C / 3-P / 75-Cal

Add a bit of olive oil

10:30 – Casein
    casein – 2-F / 14-C / 48-P / 260-Cal

Add 1tbsp of natty PB to further slow protein absorption

TOTAL – 3710 Calories

69g Fat
    342g Carbs
    409g Protein

Supps that I take:

NOW ADAM
    NOW Super EPA
    Liv52
    NOW SAM-e
    NOW 5-HTP
    NOW Melatonin

Fire away...
    Comments above in bold. Definitely not a bad diet, but I think it can be cleaned up a bit given your goal

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Comments above in bold. Definitely not a bad diet, but I think it can be cleaned up a bit given your goal
    Good points made, thanks. I'm not opposed at all to swapping the 93% beef to 99%FF ground turkey. I can move the pb to before bed w/ the casein. I just wanted to add pb to my diet cuz i love the stuff. The turkey sandwich is made with boars head ovengold turkey breast. Its a good quality meat, no fillers or preservatives. As for the post workout shake, ive tried many routes, from vitargo/WM, dextrose to oats. I cant find a clear cut answer to which is the best. Maybe ill just stick with a cup of oats. I mean not to start a debate but is pwo carbs really necessary? I've heard many varying opinions on the subject. I guess it'll remain the 8th wonder of the world...

I just wanted to add pb to my diet cuz i love the stuff.

Me too, so much that I had to drop it completely - way too easy to overeat!!!

The turkey sandwich is made with boars head ovengold turkey breast. Its a good quality meat, no fillers or preservatives.

Honestly, it's still a sub par protein source. It's not natural and for somebody with your stats and about to compete, it's just not BBing food. I know it tastes good and is convenient, but I would really look to change this asap

As for the post workout shake, ive tried many routes, from vitargo/WM, dextrose to oats. I cant find a clear cut answer to which is the best. Maybe ill just stick with a cup of oats. I mean not to start a debate but is pwo carbs really necessary? I've heard many varying opinions on the subject. I guess it'll remain the 8th wonder of the world...

I think which is best depends on individual goals. For somebody bulking who doesn't put on much bodyfat, fast carbs probably work best, and dextrose/maltodextrin may be their choice. For people like me who put on fat very easily, I stick with complex.

I do firmly believe carbs PWO are ABSOLUTELY necessary for recovery. Even if you're not spiking insulin with high GI carbs, you are still getting some insulin activity and shuttling nutrients into those starved muscles
    More comments in bold

PS - do you have any pics? I'm thinking with your stats, you've gotta be lookin pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    More comments in bold

PS - do you have any pics? I'm thinking with your stats, you've gotta be lookin pretty solid.
    Dammit, I like turkey sammiches. Any suggestions for a quick n easy meal I can swap it for and eat at work? Perhaps a cup of cottage cheese with some sort of WW toast? Although i would like to try and stay away from dairy.

I suppose a picture or two is in order. Ill see what I can do.

Dammit, I like turkey sammiches. Any suggestions for a quick n easy meal I can swap it for and eat at work? Perhaps a cup of cottage cheese with some sort of WW toast? Although i would like to try and stay away from dairy.

I suppose a picture or two is in order. Ill see what I can do.
    Just cook ahead of time on a Sunday or at least the night before, and pretty much any meal can be relatively quick and easy. I don't think cottage cheese and WW toast would be your best option, but it would be better then not eating at all, for sure.

Get creative!!!

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Its actually a lot cheaper to go buy whole turkey breasts and cook them off yourself. i cook one on monday and it will last me most of the week.

I always cook my food the night before. If I cook it on Sunday, come Wednesday, the chicken is rock hard. I wish there wasn't so much animosity towards sliced turkey. I'll probably just bang out a tuna sandwich with a plain chobani.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Manback;536***0
    I'll probably just bang out a tuna sandwich with a plain chobani.
    There ya go!

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    a trick i use to keep my turkey breast from drying out is i season it, then wrap it in plastic wrap then aluminum foil then bake it. Helps hold all the moisture in and seems to keep well for up to 7 days.

Thread Information