bufftiger is offline Associate Member

My diet is like crap!! Help!!

Height: 5'10
    BF: 15%
    weight:200

Bros I been working out for 4 years. I did a contest last year and this is the diet the "nutrionist" gave me. I wind wild for a month or 2 and now im back. I increased the quantities a little and here it is. Alot of guys advised me to put it over here and get your info on how to improve it. Cause it sucksass. I'm currently on my off season and I hate being "fat" on the offseason. I like to get big but still have my abs show. I dont like being flubbry. So help me out bros!!

First meal:
    12-16 oz potatos
    10 egg whites

2nd meal:
    8 oz chicken breast
    1.5 cup of white rice

3d meal:
    Same as 2nd

4th mean:
    same as second

5th meal: Preworkout
    Salad and 10 egg whites

6th mealost workout
    12oz potato and 10 egg whites

Here is my workout:
    Chest and Back
    Arms
    Shoulders and legs

I take every Friday off no matter what. So I train each body part twice a week and rest one day. Any ideas on the workout would be awesome too.

Thanks
    Last edited by bufftiger; 09-30-2010 at 05:02 PM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by bufftiger View Post
    Height: 5'10
    BF: 15%
    weight:200

Bros I been working out for 4 years. I did a contest last year and this is the diet the "nutrionist" gave me. I wind wild for a month or 2 and now im back. I increased the quantities a little and here it is. Alot of guys advised me to put it over here and get your info on how to improve it. Cause it sucksass. I'm currently on my off season and I hate being "fat" on the offseason. I like to get big but still have my abs show. I dont like being flubbry. So help me out bros!!

First meal:
    12-16 oz potatos
    10 egg whites

Probably white potatoes. Go with a better carb source - make this 1 cup of oats. Instead of 10 egg whites, make it 2 whole eggs and 8 whites.

2nd meal:
    8 oz chicken breast
    1.5 cup of white rice

LB will argue with me, but make this brown rice, or basmati, something like that. Better yet, go with a sweet potato, quinoa, lentils, beans, all great carb sources. how about veggies?

3d meal:
    Same as 2nd

Same critique as 2nd

4th mean:
    same as second

hmm

5th meal: Preworkout
    Salad and 10 egg whites

Add a good complex carb here to fuel the workout. Egg whites are actually a decent choice here IMO since they're fairly fast digesting

6th mealost workout
    12oz potato and 10 egg whites

Do a whey shake here PWO instead and eat a whole food meal within an hour after.

And that's it? No bedtime meal? Need to see times of day

Here is my workout:
    Chest and Back
    Arms
    Shoulders and legs

Um yea, what are we supposed to do with this???

I take every Friday off no matter what. So I train each body part twice a week and rest one day. Any ideas on the workout would be awesome too.

Thanks
    Yea bro, the diet is pretty crappy if i'm being honest, and the workout you put up tells us nothing. I made some food suggestions above in bold, but without macros and time of day for each meal, I can't do much with it. Next time you post it up, include macros for each meal (P/C/F/total calories)

Okay so:

8 Egg whites and 2 whole eggs

2,3,4: Sweet potatos and chicken breaks

5:10 egg whites and a salad

6: whey shake and after an hour a meal like 2,3,4?

I train pretty late thats why the meal after my workout is like my bedtime meal. so?

Also i'll list my whole training so you guys can see.

More help on my diet would be awesome guys!!

Thanks

Get the macros posted up and I guarantee people will chime in and help you.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Start a detailed thread in the workout forum for critique.

GBrice is right as usual...we can't help you without knowing macros and your TDEE.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    I can almost guarantee that if you have the same meal 3 times a day that you're setting yourself up for failure. Variety is a huge key to diet success. While on cycle i ate so much chicken i thought i was going to grow feathers, after a while I started to cheat with fatty burgers and bacon, basically things no one should eat. And I agree with GB on his advice but ofcourse i pretty much always agree with him. Dude know's his shyte! Do the math and give us some macros

Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    GBrice is right as usual...we can't help you without knowing macros and your TDEE.
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    And I agree with GB on his advice but ofcourse i pretty much always agree with him. Dude know's his shyte! Do the math and give us some macros
    Gee, thanks fellers! =)

Hey guys thanks alot for the help and for helping me get going on everything. Your awesome. I'm trying to put all the foods and give you the grams and all but I live in Israel and its really hard to see the fats and all that stuff. Another thing is I was using FitDay but nothing is really the same. Like the protein and the fats are different for stuff. And its not a few calories. I'm talking from like a difference of 300 calories. So whats the best easiest way to do this?

Try another site, like calorieking.com or livestrong.com/myplate

Okay its not working so ill just try to put it in as vegtables, dairy, fish and that stuff. The only thing thats not the same is the oats. Do I just add the calories I see on the can or what?

Also I go to college so is there a way after breakfast I can make sandwiches for like the 2nd and 3rd meal?

Okay its not working so ill just try to put it in as vegtables, dairy, fish and that stuff. The only thing thats not the same is the oats. Do I just add the calories I see on the can or what?
    I always go by labels rather then the websites. I only use the sites for meats.

Also I go to college so is there a way after breakfast I can make sandwiches for like the 2nd and 3rd meal?
    Sandwiches aren't the greatest idea unless you're putting a grilled chicken breast or something like that on very good quality whole grain bread (preferably not made using flour). Deli meats are not a good choice - highly processed, preservatives, sodium, etc. Crap basically.

So is that the best thing to take on the go for school?

Most of us cook in bulk on the weekends and store it in tupperware, already portioned out. That would be a much better choice then sandwiches. If you have to though, have the sandwich like I described, just not cold cuts and white bread, know what I mean?

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Some times if i have run out of food for whatever reason and need a quick meal (basically if im feeling lazey) i will buy a tub of pasta made up with a tomato sauce etc.. and mix in 2 tins of tuna.

This ante too bad for you at all and after eating the same crapp all day every day it can be quite refreshing

Maybe u cud buy a few tubs of premade pasta and take one to school each day with tuna in

Just and Idea

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    WOW Bro, no EFAs or any fat for that matter...i would ar some level of Flaxsedoil oil or fish oil or any monounsaturated fats fmro olive oil in each meal 5-7.5ml, also white rice and potatoes are far from best forms of carbs for dieting down, need some vaggies here, high fiber foods, even a piece of fruite or two to ensure liver glucogen levels are restored to efficiantly convert T4 to T3 and keep metabolism going...hope this helps and gets you on right track...XXL

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL;537***3
    WOW Bro, no EFAs or any fat for that matter...i would ar some level of Flaxsedoil oil or fish oil or any monounsaturated fats fmro olive oil in each meal 5-7.5ml, also white rice and potatoes are far from best forms of carbs for dieting down, need some vaggies here, high fiber foods, even a piece of fruite or two to ensure liver glucogen levels are restored to efficiantly convert T4 to T3 and keep metabolism going...hope this helps and gets you on right track...XXL
    I'm not dieting down bro. I'm trying to do a clean bulk and maybe lose a little fat.

Thread Information